The case of drug trafficker Nguyen Tuong Van (1 Viewer)

Stray

my beauty exceeds all!
HSC
the difference between the Bali Nine and this guy is that he is humble about it. Corby should take his place.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
but a point i wana bring us is that, say if corby was asian or any other race, im pretty sure australia wouldn't give a crap at all about her. just like me for instance if i got caught smugging drugs, the media would prob put a small article next to the crossword section for it. this shows how fckd australia is and how they are not evn trying to even get him out of being hanged. but when they see corby, they fckn put a live broadcast on tv and then shes on the front page of every single paper. what's wrost is that john howard is still trying to get out of bali, and when one of his own men is actually contemed to death, he doesnt even gives a crap. how ironic ..

Last edited:

ND

HSC
Sif Howard's trying to get corby out, sif he even gives a shit about her (she's just some petty drug smuggler). What do you expect Howard to do? Damage relations with Singapore just to try and get this guy off?

I don't support the death penalty, at least not for drug trafficing (rapists and murderers are a different story), but he knew the consequences of his actions.

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
that nyguen guy deserves wot he gets. he broke the law in another country and should be punished in accordance to that countries laws. he smuggled 400g of powder. doesnt matter wot the reason,so wot if he needed to pay legal fees for his bro??ever heard of getting a job??. he is guilty. if those drugs were sucessful in being delivered..how many more lives would that ruin?? that nyguen guy bloody deserves wot he gets. And now all his relatives are doing some stoopid petition thing..thats bloody useless..since thats not working..his mums writing a letter to the queen...in vietnamese...LMAO...good luck!...

that corby bogan bitch deserves wot she gets as well cos shes a lier...and a bad lier...how can u not know taht ur surfboard DOUBLED in weight ???and why was the bag for the marajuana the same size as the pocket in the surfboardbag??

that muslim chik doesnt deserve her sentence tho...she only had 2 ecstacy tablets...and shes being tried for 15 yrs...

and politicians should NOT be helping these people ..except maybe the muslim chik..cos that would not only be giving them a bad name but also a sence that the prime minister has nothing else to do...

HSC
Enoch said:
that nyguen guy deserves wot he gets. he broke the law in another country and should be punished in accordance to that countries laws. he smuggled 400g of powder. doesnt matter wot the reason,so wot if he needed to pay legal fees for his bro??ever heard of getting a job??. he is guilty. if those drugs were sucessful in being delivered..how many more lives would that ruin?? that nyguen guy bloody deserves wot he gets. And now all his relatives are doing some stoopid petition thing..thats bloody useless..since thats not working..his mums writing a letter to the queen...in vietnamese...LMAO...good luck!...

that corby bogan bitch deserves wot she gets as well cos shes a lier...and a bad lier...how can u not know taht ur surfboard DOUBLED in weight ???and why was the bag for the marajuana the same size as the pocket in the surfboardbag??

that muslim chik doesnt deserve her sentence tho...she only had 2 ecstacy tablets...and shes being tried for 15 yrs...

and politicians should NOT be helping these people ..except maybe the muslim chik..cos that would not only be giving them a bad name but also a sence that the prime minister has nothing else to do...
thats true he deserve to be punished by the laws of Singapore, but i dont believe the death penalty is due. there ARE other laws out the in Singapore he could be dealt with.

btw, the letter is going to be TRANSLATED.

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
While I do feel sympathy due to the mitigating circumstances sourrounding Nguyen - you have to ask what of the other 400 odd that have been hung in singapore - what makes this guys life worth more than others who've suffered the same fate?

Liberal Scum

Banned
HSC
grag balbrady said:
i thought you liberals loved the free market

what's wrong with meeting the demand for drugs with supply
It has been shown that where initiatives such as "safe" injecting rooms are introduced they kill more people than they save. In any case, while I disagree with the death penalty absolutely, he committed a crime in another jurisdiction and should face the consequences.

HSC
White Rabbit said:
While I do feel sympathy due to the mitigating circumstances sourrounding Nguyen - you have to ask what of the other 400 odd that have been hung in singapore - what makes this guys life worth more than others who've suffered the same fate?
good point, very good point. i guess its because his case has been given a face and a name, and we've seen his family and friends desperately trying to save him. there are plenty of other cases like this, it makes you realise this is quite a common thing. every life is worth saving (well, almost every life, rite?) :)

stainmepink

HSC
let's do something about it!

write letters to amnesty! Even if they don't read them, one letter (as my teacher says, she represents amnesty) represents the wishes of 100 people. And when is he going to be hanged btw?

SGS05

HSC
White Rabbit said:
I totally agree, I feel sorry for the poor guy but he broke the law. If he isn't punished then other people would think that it would be okay to break laws in other countries just because we are from Australia. Who knows, mabye some day people would hate Australians for this reason

Lundy

Banned
HSC
White Rabbit said:
The media have taken hold of the story because he's australian. A story about some unimportant asian people getting hanged in asia wouldn't sell papers. When there is an australian involved, screw everyone else. A situation such as this only becomes a horrible human rights atrosity when it involves one of our own. :rolleyes:

samuelblayden

Newcstle Knights 2006
HSC
hay I know I am mean and rude but the thing is if they smuggle drugs they desevre the punishemnt
there are laws and ruels and everyone is told don't smuggle drugs
I sorry for saying this but that is my belif

Enoch

HSC
...dear mr head of country...please let this drug smuggling vietnamese go....even tho if those drugs landed on your markets they wouldve destroyed many more lives and families of people from your country...because hes "australian" he should get away with crimes that should be punishable in your country...next time a columbian drug lord brings in shitloads of cocaine and he is caught, he should also be let go if a some of his countrymen also write a stoopid letter like this...then there will be truly a firm state of laws that would be fair and just.

Kaiser Zero

Banned
HSC
If I were the Singaporean leader I'd throw all your fucking letters into an open fire. This CRIMINAL is guilty and he'll get what he deserves under their laws. I think he's got some honour left - he's accepting whatever punishment he gets like a man.

Enoch

HSC
^ i hope uve got the satirical nature of that letter...

Tofu.Dull.Full

Y is he being hung, i thought they stopped hanging a long time ago. What about a lethal injection. Isnt hanging a bit inhumane considering singapore is such a civilized country.

Liberal Scum

Banned
HSC
Singapore is highly economically developed, but they're ruthless as all hell socially.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)