The F1 Thread (2 Viewers)

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
That's Robert Kubica. Third driver.

Don't let them get you down Cape. At least you have a standpoint i.e. Schumacher is one of the best F1 drivers of all time. You know how hard it was to defend HHF (who was world champ material) and Sauber as well. You've got it easy.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yeah easy. Until people only say Schumacher only won his world championships because they either:
- cheated
- hand the fia bend rules for ferrari
- had the best car and team orders.
Either way, people will always be stubborn.

btw Komit, just read something about HHF. Looks like hes heading into retirement. Doesn't have a DTM drive for next season.

Argonaut said:
... The test driver?
Thankyou, Captain Obvious. Knew I could count on you!

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
He might be going to Audi next year (DTM). But we'll wait and see.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Argonaut said:
That's quite alright, Miss Oblivious.
What am I Oblivious too?? Huh!!!

Anyways:
Oh, I know, I could convince everyone that little ralfie boy is the best driver in the world :p

And who hates midlands livery? It looks like a back to front ferrari.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Argonaut said:
Oh here we go. Another car that looks red, so Cape gets confused. No wonder she hates the team ...
I won't get confused because I don't have blonde hair!
And ferrari and midland will be at opposite ends of the field. Ferrari at the front, midland at the back. Actually, the midland car looks like the ferrari at the 2001 Monza GP, when they painted the nose black.

And why are you picking on me so much tonight Argo?

Tuna

HSC
N/A
I wonder why this thread is rated four stars instead of five compared to the Football thread?

BTW Ferrari aren't the only major team on Bridgestones this year so how do you know they will be able to claim the championships?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Just because williams and toyota are now on bridgestones, doesn't mean that they can use them. It took mclaren more than a season to sort out their new michelin tyres after they switched from bridgestone, but that could be because Michelin and mclaren suck. Therefore, ferrari have a head start. Although, toyotas times during testing have been quite good.

And Ralf is a great driver, never been out of the top 5 in the championship, beat jenson (which is easy to do), and consistantly out paced montoya. Ralfs problem over the past few seasons was that he couldn't come to terms with the one lap qualifying, and settled for a race strategy, unlike Trulli who would qualify with one lap of fuel in his car. Ralf could have won Belgium last year, but toyota fucked him over, and he was on pole position during Japan (which by the way, equaled Michael's number of poles for the season), even though it was a media stunt by toyota. And Ralfie was also on the podium at Hungary, which was an excellent drive. And he was on the podium at China.

Gah, I'm really never going to win against you people.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Oh my, someone certainly got out on the wrong side of bed this morning, your rather grumpy, or your back to your old cynical self. hmm....

If Ralf wasn't a good driver, do you think he would still be in F1? No. Give toyota one or two more years (max) and they will be constantly fighting for wins. Ralf did just as well as Michael did last year, if we exclude the race at Indy, Michael would have had 52 points and Ralf 45, now thats the closest it would have been in years. And during 2003, Ralf was a serious championship contender. Anyway, I know Ralf is like your 20th favourite driver on the grid at the moment, and thats fine, I really don't care what you think of Ralf, I think hes a good driver, so :p

And I'd hardly call williams and toyota mid - level teams.

OMG! I saw Kimi smiling, when I was watching Australia 2002, I must say, his driving certainly has improved since then. And Eddie McGuire is the biggest fucktard EVER!

Edit: The 2006 mclaren will be testing next week at Barcelona. Start watching testing times with the 06 cars, it will give a clue as to who has done their homework.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Argo, Damon Hill has won a world championship so you can't really compare Ralf to him even if their progression and fame in F1 are somewhat contributed to the novelty of their last name.

Ralf is an excellent driver on his day - even better than Michael - but he is too inconsistent. He has a few tracks where he usually performs well (i.e. Canada) and the rest of the time, he is shit. He finds it very hard to adapt to new situations, new cars, new environments and can't even park his normal road-car (ask Cora). He is a good driver, but nowhere near the top 5 in F1 Today.

On that note, who are your top 5 drivers currently in F1. Not favourite drivers, but in genuine F1 ability.....

Mine are....

1. Michael Schumacher
2. Kimi Raikkonnen
3. Fernando Alonso
4. Juan Pablo Montoya
5. Giancarlo Fisichella

We should compile our Top 100 F1 Drivers of all time and find out "BOS Top 100 F1 Drivers of All Time" but couldn't be fucked doing that now.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
haha ... Argo dear, Komit does have a point. I could name all the tracks that Ralf excels in.
- Cananda
- Hockenheim
- Nurburgring
- San Marino

But he is a consistant finisher, finishing in the points in most races, it may not be on the podium every race, but still, points win you world championships.

And you'd believe everything Cora says? That woman has inbuilt airbags!

Top 5 drivers:
- Michael Schumacher
- Kimi Raikkonen
- David Coulthard
- Fernando Alonso
- Nick Heidfeld.

btw: I found this website which has a sound file of all the engines, compares the v8s with the v10s, toyota sounds very strange though.
http://www.xtremef1.net/index.php?article=790

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Damn it Argo! Post your top 5 drivers based on ability....

Otherwise I'm going to hunt you down! :wave:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Argonaut said:
6) Argonaut
Wow, you don't think highly of yourself, do you? For someone who isn't in F1, your pretty good. Actually, I'd rate you a close second behind Michael Schumacher.

And didn't you read what Komit said, currently in F1, try again darl!

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
My Top 50 (100 is too much!):

1. Jim Clark
2. Ayrton Senna
3. Francois Cevert
4. Michael Schumacher
5. Juan Manuel Fangio
6. Alain Prost
7. Stirling Moss
8. Alberto Ascari
9. Niki Lauda
10. Graham Hill
11. Jackie Stewart
12. Gilles Villeneuve
13. Nelson Piquet
14. Mika Hakkinen
15. Jack Brabham
16. John Surtees
17. Keke Rosberg
18. Nigel Mansell
19. Fernando Alonso
20. Emerson Fittipaldi
21. Kimi Raikkonen
22. Jochen Rindt
23. Carlos Reutemann
24. Jody Scheckter
25. Ronnie Peterson
26. Alan Jones
27. Mike Hawthorn
28. James Hunt
29. Giuseppe Farina
30. Dan Gurney
31. Denny Hulme
32. Didier Pironi
33. Heinz-Harald Frentzen
34. Jacky Ickx
35. Damon Hill
36. Jacques Villeneuve
37. Rene Arnoux
38. Gerhard Berger
39. Ricardo Patrese
40. Michele Alboreto
41. Jean-Pierre Jabouille
42. Patrick Tambay
43. Elio de Angelis
44. Clay Ragazzoni
45. Jo Siffert
46. Stefan Bellof
47. Jose Froilan Gonzales
48. Bruce McLaren
49. Patrick Depailler
50. Jean Alesi

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
1)Schumacher
2)Ayrton Senna
3)Alain Prost
4)Fangio
5)Lauda ( Gotta put him up there, the guy came back from the dead :p)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Argonaut said:
*Snaps fingers* Bring me the keys to my Scuderia Toro Rosso!
*Gives the man what he wants, the keys* But why Scuderia Toro Rosso? There are better teams, I could get you a pair of ferrari overalls :D

Argonaut said:
38963) Takuma Sato
38964) Zsolt Baumgartner
They don't even count as drivers :p They are just crash testing dummies employed by the FIA to determine the safety of F1 cars.

Holy shit, 50 drivers .... eh ....
1. Argonaut
2. Cape
3. Michael Schumacher

3 will do :p

As for Super Aguri F1, I hope they don't get the bond together, I don't want Sato on the track ever again. The thing with that team is that one day they are in the news for one day, and then next 2 weeks theres nothing. f1 world is deadly boring at the moment, this sucks!

http://www.shell.com/home/Framework...oss_brawn_challenge/ross_brawn_challenge.html
A fun game to play. Yay! I won :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Argonaut said:
Hey, I'm an arrogant F1 driver here. I know I could get a better drive than an STR, but I'll give you all a lesson in racing in it.
You? Arrogant? hehe, I nearly fell off my chair laughing. Um ... what about going to Red Bull instead?

Oh, I saw F1 ads at Macquarie shopping centre yesterday, I was having the biggest psycho that Ralf, Heidfel and Monterio are on the picture and Michael wasn't. But it was only for a competition :p Then I stole like 20 competition slips.

Speaking of shopping, I wanted to buy earrings that were in the shape of an F1 car, but they were expensive, and then mum wouldn't let me buy F1 cufflings. My parents don't like it that I like motorsport.

btw - rumours of Belgium being cancelled?

Oh, I'm changing my top 50 drivers, cause I sound up myself :p
1 - 48. Argonaut
49. Michael Schumacher
50. Cape
:p There, thats better.

Edit: I hope your happy now Argonaut, the whole thread has turned around to you. Are you able to walk through a door, even with that big ego of yours?

Last edited:

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

Actually, the driver's head is the biggest aero disturbance besides the tyres. IF engineers could have it there way, there would be no driver at all and aero "covers" over the wheel. But covering the wheels would be a contravention of FIA regulations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)