The F1 Thread (3 Viewers)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

Argonaut said:
Big heads are good in this sport. They generate considerable downforce. Thak you Cape, you've given me the means to crush everyone this year ... starting with no less than Ferrari.
Don't let your head get too big, otherwise your helmet won't fit on. Or you could be the next Jenson Button.

Why do you always do this to me? Insisting on destroying Ferrari at every opportunity? *cries* They are the one team that means something to me, go and destroy midland.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Argonaut said:
Ferrari have had 50-odd years to prove their worth. Midland have't even had 50-odd days. Hecen, the oldest gets squished first.

And while I might bash Ferrari, stop bashing Midland. You haven't even seen them out on the track in a race yet, and already you want them annihilated. You as good as admitted the only reason you hate them id because they're running with red livery and you'll get them confused with your favourite team.
The oldest has more history and tradition. And the ferrari's are much more sexier than the midlands. And deep down, I know you love Ferrari! Highlighted just for you.

I don't even know why I said midland, it was the first team that came to mind. I should have said renault, damn it! And I have seen them on the race track - I saw the Biaggi test drive on tv, during sports tonight the other day.

OMG! Is your favourite team now midland? I will laugh myself to death when ferrari lap midland 3 times during a GP.

btw - when you get your red bull or whatever drive, do I get to come into the pits, like where all the team is? *starts begging*

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC

I think Argo is really the Big Chavski.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC

Cape said:
The oldest has more history and tradition. And the ferrari's are much more sexier than the midlands. And deep down, I know you love Ferrari! Highlighted just for you.

I don't even know why I said midland, it was the first team that came to mind. I should have said renault, damn it! And I have seen them on the race track - I saw the Biaggi test drive on tv, during sports tonight the other day.

OMG! Is your favourite team now midland? I will laugh myself to death when ferrari lap midland 3 times during a GP.

btw - when you get your red bull or whatever drive, do I get to come into the pits, like where all the team is? *starts begging*
cape, your location is full of contradictions

mainly saying "championship winning F2006"

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Komit said:
I think Argo is really the Big Chavski.
Argo is the who in the what now? I think he just likes being the centre of attention, and his head won't fit through through the door - way very soon.

braad said:
cape, your location is full of contradictions

mainly saying "championship winning F2006"
Brad, the F2006 is going to win the WCC and the WDC. So its right.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC

Cape said:
Brad, the F2006 is going to win the WCC and the WDC. So its right.
i like your 'optimism' :)

toyotas attitude has rubbed off on you! how sweet, pity you're applying it to ferrari :(

ferrari hasnt won it, and you cant assume you'll win this year, just because schuey cut his holiday short

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

braad said:
i like your 'optimism' :)

toyotas attitude has rubbed off on you! how sweet, pity you're applying it to ferrari :(

ferrari hasnt won it, and you cant assume you'll win this year, just because schuey cut his holiday short
I need all the optimism I can get after last season. And do you really think Ferrari would have another season like last season? It would not only give them a bad reputation, it would cause the best driver in F1 to quit, and probably the brains trust to quit as well, and what about their loyal tifosi? They'd go completely nuts if ferrari had another season like last year. But I think its going to be a very close season this year, yay!

But Ferrari winning the WDC and WCC isn't the only thing I'll be hoping for this year. I hope Toyota (mainly Ralf) get their first win, and I'd like to see Red Bull Ferrari on the podium as well.

Brad, it could be worse, I could be supporting Button for his first win :p

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC

Cape said:
I need all the optimism I can get after last season. And do you really think Ferrari would have another season like last season? It would not only give them a bad reputation, it would cause the best driver in F1 to quit, and probably the brains trust to quit as well, and what about their loyal tifosi? They'd go completely nuts if ferrari had another season like last year. But I think its going to be a very close season this year, yay!

But Ferrari winning the WDC and WCC isn't the only thing I'll be hoping for this year. I hope Toyota (mainly Ralf) get their first win, and I'd like to see Red Bull Ferrari on the podium as well.

Brad, it could be worse, I could be supporting Button for his first win :p
honestly, if it was a close year between a few teams, and more drivers, it'd be good and i wouldnt mind if ferrari won. It'd be interesting and if it came down to the last race and 3 or 4 drivers were in with a chance and no one dominated, it'd be a great season

but toyota cant be one of those teams :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

braad said:
honestly, if it was a close year between a few teams, and more drivers, it'd be good and i wouldnt mind if ferrari won. It'd be interesting and if it came down to the last race and 3 or 4 drivers were in with a chance and no one dominated, it'd be a great season

but toyota cant be one of those teams :)
I'd like that too. The past few seasons have been shit, and yes, that includes 2004.

2005 was predictable - practice: kimi's engine blows up, nando drives around with his pit lane speed limiter on and wins
2004 - michael, michael, michael oh, did I meantion michael? and kimi's engine blows up :p

A season like 2003 would be good, although, maybe not kimi only winning one race and being one point behind.

Why not toyota?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Argonaut said:
Argo is merely making a running joke at Ferrari's expense. As proof, he's been described as the "next next Scott Speed." You know, the guy who will be considered the next Scott Speed when the guy who's currently considered to be the next Scott Speed either makes a name for himself or makes an arse of himself. Or both.
Argo better stop making running jokes at Ferrari's expensive, about Ferrari or anything related to Ferrari, otherwise Cape is going to hurt him very very shortly, and it will be painful! And don't think that I don't mean it.

Who the fuck is Scott Speed? Oh, hes that American twit. Pfft!

Argo is described as the next Kimi Raikkonen, maybe not a flying fin or the ice man though :p

Argonaut said:
Anywya, they're changing Imola. That bloody little chicane after Rivazza is getting ironed out; now it's going to be a kilometre-long blast from Rivazza to the Tamburello chicane.
Why the hell are they changing the fucking tracks for? I like Imola the way it is. If they are going to fix a flipping track, heres the list:
- China
- Bahrain
- Brazil
- Indianapolis
- GET RID OF HUNGARY

I think Cape should be called the next Ralf Schumacher, all she ever does is whinge and complain :p

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC

Cape said:
I'd like that too. The past few seasons have been shit, and yes, that includes 2004.

2005 was predictable - practice: kimi's engine blows up, nando drives around with his pit lane speed limiter on and wins
2004 - michael, michael, michael oh, did I meantion michael? and kimi's engine blows up :p

A season like 2003 would be good, although, maybe not kimi only winning one race and being one point behind.

Why not toyota?
well, because toyota are a (boring)car manufacturer :) all the others have at least one cool car, toyota have...the avalon hahahahahahahahaha

and scott speed? wasnt/isnt he kiwi?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Argonaut said:
If I was likened to being the next next Michael Schumacher, why would I be driving a Scuderia Toro Rosso?
Start from the lower teams and work your way up, thats what most drivers do.

Argonaut said:
You're likening me to the mand described as the 'Sexiest Driver in Formula 1'?
Honestly, I'm flattered.
Hello? Since when is Kimi the sexiest driver in F1? That goes to Michael. Why are you flattered?

Argonaut said:
To make it more technical. By removing Variante Bassa, the cars are now under full throttle all the way from Rivazza to Tamburello, so braking markers will change markedly and the driving lines will change subtly.
But I like it the way it is :( But if it would make racing better, than I'm for it.

Argonaut said:
China does need a fix-up, it's actually pretty bland. What the hell Tilke was thinking when he modelled it after the Chinese symbol for 'Great Rising' is beyond me; if he wanted symbolism he should have gone for 'Holy Shit, This Is HARD!'
China sucks full stop end of story. They can't even build proper drain grates. I guess its made in China :p

Argonaut said:
Bahrain is a good track, plus I like the setting.
Hate Bahrain, especially turn 6. Pain in the ass corner, re - design the corner.

Argonaut said:
Brazil I'm not sure about. I never like the track to begin with, but they used to have a 7km monster version. I'd change Hockenheim before I changed Interlagos though. Or the Nurburgring.
Hockenheim back to its 2001 version, they cut a few hundred meters off and made is Schumacher engine friendly. Brazil the first few turns are great, then it gets boring.
BRING BACK THE OLD NURBURGRING!

Argonaut said:
Indy was abad choice from the start. I mean, through the paddock of Indianapolis? That's a bit insulting, don't you think? Through the PADDOCK! Maybe Laguna Seca (with heavy upgrades, there's only two grandstands) or better yet, Infineon/Sears Point.
I don't like the infield. Lets just throw a couple of hairpins in a row in opposite directions. But I do like Laguna Seca.

Argonaut said:
And yes, kill Hungary. If Mr E (who, along with Tilke and Mosely should be fired) insists on having a GP in Eastern Europe, either run it in Russia or destroy the Hungaroring and get someone other than Tilke to build it anew. Otherwise, find a new home for it.
Oh, but Mr E can't have European GPs, since the tobacco advertising ban in Europe. He'll make more money is Asian or the middle east.

And brad - Ralfie is cool, so half of toyota is cool.

Last edited:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC

Cape said:
And brad - Ralfie is cool, so half of toyota is cool.
always knew he was a car...i bet he's an old toyota corona

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

braad said:
always knew he was a car...i bet he's an old toyota corona
oh, what is this? Pick on ferrari and ralf off-season? I'd say day, but it would start again tomorrow, as soon as I meantion the word RALF!

Heres something for you Michael Schumacher haters:
After stirring up speculation that he might switch teams for 2007, Michael Schumacher has given the strongest indication yet that he does not intend to retire.

The 37-year-old German is under contract to Ferrari only until the end of this year, revealing that he will let the wider world know his future later in 2006.

Schumacher told the news magazine 'Focus': 'Unlike football players, I don't believe that racing drivers need to stop at the end of their thirties.'

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Argonaut said:
Duh. Besides, while I used to be a fan, I don't like Schumacher. Hence I don't want to be comapred to him.
Yes Argo, we know you don't like Schumacher, no need to say it every 2 seconds :p

Argonaut said:
Since most of the fans voted on it. Since they don't all think like you, Kimi won. And I'm flattered because you were likening me to the sexiest man in the sport.
Even though I never meantioned that Kimi was the sexiest, but if you want to think that way, fine by me.

Argonaut said:
If Bernie can pad his bottom line by expanding the championship to new regions of the world, then who cares about the racing? It's just one more reason why he should go, and soon.
Someone sneak up behind him and give the guy a heart attack!

Argonaut said:
Who said F1 was ever going to be a cakewalk? Keep the track the way it is!
Have you played F1 around the Bahrain track, its similar to Austria (shit, thats a track that needs to come back) but turn 6 is just plain annoying.

Argonaut said:
Gah, Hockenheim might have been fast but it was just bloody boring. Too close to an oval IMHO. They redeveloped the back section, they just need to fix the humourless Stadium. As for the Ring, we'll never see F1 on the 20km track again. But if we could comehow build a track that accurately copied the best bits - T13 through to the corner before Flugplatz and then from the Karussell through to Pfanzgarten II - and connected them up, you'd have a great track.
Hockenheim was a test of reliability and speed, a track that suited BMW. But no, cause its in Germany - they had to make it Schumacher friendly (thats so cute). You know as well as I do, that they wouldn't re-construct anything remotely close to the former ring. Mr E and Mr M would have the biggest hissy fit about everything, omg, the cars are going to fast!

Argonaut said:
I assume this is based on ... what, GT4? Infineon/Sears Point is a mad circuit, but If Laguna were used, it would need a few more corners ...
Indy infield based upon F1 2005, Laguna Seca based upon GT4. I lost the website you gave me with all the tracks in the world.
Actually, fuck America, I don't want to stay awake the whole night to watch a race, put it in New Zealand.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC

I want Zandvoort back. The Tarzan Curve was awesome.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC

Cape said:
oh, what is this? Pick on ferrari and ralf off-season? I'd say day, but it would start again tomorrow, as soon as I meantion the word RALF!

Heres something for you Michael Schumacher haters:
off-season? we arent biased, we go alll year :)

oh and tha schuey quote was quite wrong, footballers now are past it in their early thirties (if they're good)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

OMG! 7:50am time of reply? Don't you ever sleep?

Argonaut said:
I don't like the Schumachers.
I KNOW. Say it once more and your dead!

Argonaut said:
I didn't say I agreed, merely pointing out that he was voted the sexiest, and that you likened me to him.
I could have likened you to him for a particular reason! Wakey wakey!

Argonaut said:
Ladies and gentlemen, one of our resident F1 experts and Schumacherphiles makes all her informed descisions based on video games!
Yeah, I watch too much motorsport and play too many video games for my own good :(

Argonaut said:
Fast it may have been, but boring as batshit it was.See above comments on Bahrain.
I don't like Bahrain, you don't like Hockenheim, we can't agree on everything, it would be too weird.

Argonaut said:
NZ? NZ?! Please tell me that was an early (and bad) April Fools' Day joke!
No, I was being serious, then the race wouldn't start at 3am, and I could go to sleep at night, instead of during class the next day.

Orange Juice said:
this thread is dead, ill just go get it locked
Your upset that your no longer the one with all the attention. Oh, and Zsolt and Sato aren't racing.

Edit: OMG! TODAYS THE 24TH, YAY! NEW FERRARI LAUNCHED TONIGHT!!!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Argonaut said:
Nope. I'm the Stig, remember?
Whatever.

Argonaut said:
I hate the Schumachers.
I hate the Schumachers.
Don't make me hurt you, because I will, and don't give me the bull that your 400km away.

Argonaut said:
I'm going to interpret all of it as "I think Argo's as sexy as Kimi.
:uhhuh: as sexy or sexier, take your pick.

Argonaut said:
Exactly. The difference is I'm right.
And automatically your the king of F1?

Argonaut said:
Now there's something we could do ... night racing! No, seriously, a fully-illuminated with floodlights would be awesome.
Stop being sarcastic! You idiot. Mr E wouldn't be able to see the cars. The drivers would need mine lights on their helmets. A v8 supercar race during night, yes. F1, no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)