• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Football Thread (4 Viewers)

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

You guys are still debating about this MV vs Syd bullshit. Niether of you guys are going to back down but think about this. Thetwo biggest clubs (biggest profiles) are Syd and MV.

HSC

veridis said:
you're finally admitting that MVs scouting and recruitment policy is not perfect, and quote an article describing how they let a player slip and didn't have the balls to sign spira while a german club did. my work here is done. all i wanted was for you to see that the world of football transfers and signings is a big and complicated place and the a-league, while improving, is still a very small and insignificant part of it and every club is signing players of similar standard(which you imply by finally admitting that you dont know shit about the saudi league and it is of a higher quality than a-league)

edit - oh and since you took such joy in pointing out my typo can i take thing opportunity to point out that you attempt to use "ur" in an english sentence, and even if interpreted as the more common "your" it would still make no sense. you were trying for a "you are" i think.
haha, i never said that melbourne victory's scouting or current squad is perfect. i always and will maintain that melbourne victory has a better scouting policy than sydneys. fullstop. if i did, please quote as i have asked before. nevertheless you still fail to do so, and are therefore putting words in my mouth.

haha you were the one who began attacking my intelligence by asking if i knew proper grammar.

sk1001

HSC

Havn't been here for a while which is a shame really, because you Sydney fans appear to be going off your nut.

Well, we are nearing the beginning of season 3 and Melbourne has yet again brought in some quality talent. Keenan, Milicevic, Patafta, Hernandez, Leandro, Kemp and Berger.

Now to Sydney. Milligan and Carney look to be on their way out, somewhat of a credit to them but nevertheless a chance for me to dig into you sky blue pricks. Reasonably good get in Popovic, although it seems you are still after that "marquee" up front. How many have turned you down now? Let me see if I can recall a few. Well theres Vieri, Zola, Fowler, Okocha, Cocu, Aloisi and even Melbourne's own Hernandez!

Your preseason looks well on the way, 3-0 down to the 'Nix, and currently down 3-0 to the Mariners as I type this! Hopefully a sign of things to come!

veridis

droog
HSC

+Juninho
-Leijer

i really dont care what you guys say, today is a happy day.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC

If Juninho goes to Sydney that will be a nice coup. Have always liked the player

sk1001

HSC

veridis said:
+Juninho
-Leijer

i really dont care what you guys say, today is a happy day.
And Carney?
FFS, Carney is a bigger loss than Juninho is a gain.

That's is now Sydney's 8th player over 30 years of age. Compare that to Melbourne, who only has Muscat.

Leandro Love also signed for Melbourne.

Good luck making the finals this year :rofl:

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC

age doesn't determine if a team makes the finals. Juninho should replace Carney in terms of skill. He will be a big miss. He is my faviourte Sydney FC player

sk1001

HSC

Captain Gh3y said:
MVFC ACL goals - 0
MVFC WCC appearances - 0
MVFC world cup winners in squad - 0

:D
OH WOW!
You scored in the ACL!
Congratulations!
I havn't heard the news yet, did you make the 2nd stage?

You've also got a world cup winner in your team!
I remember when Adelaide had Romario, he was pretty good yeah!?

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC

sk1001 said:
OH WOW!
You scored in the ACL!
Congratulations!
I havn't heard the news yet, did you make the 2nd stage?

You've also got a world cup winner in your team!
I remember when Adelaide had Romario, he was pretty good yeah!?
its called a joke. Get a sense of humour.

sk1001

HSC

Gilbert1 said:
its called a joke. Get a sense of humour.
Yeah, Sydney FC is pretty much a joke.

veridis

droog
HSC

so how's kaz coming along? you guys were all creaming yourselves when you signed him, really looks the goods now ey.
but you know you've still got kemp and keenan(cause MV dont get guys from the english lower leagues, keenan was from that dutch powerhouse wilhlem ii, wow) yet to really make an impact. i'm sure they'll really pick things up for MV
oh and i'm forgetting love, 21yo brazillian reject is obviously better than 34 nat teamer, and getting him on loan from a jap club, genius, really sure to develop the future of the league there. how stupid we are at sfc. if only we signed more south americans, like costa ricans.

MV and SFC have both been shit pre-season, but if you're trying to say either of them arent going to go hard in the season you're seriously delusional. both have a heap of good players to come back and haven't really had full squads either training or playing.

this thread is full of MV fans going "rofl sydney is shit" while ignoring reality, way to shows us wrong for calling you tards.

sk1001

HSC

veridis said:
so how's kaz coming along? you guys were all creaming yourselves when you signed him, really looks the goods now ey.
but you know you've still got kemp and keenan(cause MV dont get guys from the english lower leagues, keenan was from that dutch powerhouse wilhlem ii, wow) yet to really make an impact. i'm sure they'll really pick things up for MV
oh and i'm forgetting love, 21yo brazillian reject is obviously better than 34 nat teamer, and getting him on loan from a jap club, genius, really sure to develop the future of the league there. how stupid we are at sfc. if only we signed more south americans, like costa ricans.

MV and SFC have both been shit pre-season, but if you're trying to say either of them arent going to go hard in the season you're seriously delusional. both have a heap of good players to come back and haven't really had full squads either training or playing.

this thread is full of MV fans going "rofl sydney is shit" while ignoring reality, way to shows us wrong for calling you tards.
Well, well, well! We meet again!
Firstly, Kaz is one for the future. There's no doubt he is not a starting XI player, but that shows you the kind of depth our squad has. We are building for the future, an empire if you like. Shame I can't say the same about Sydney FC. Went all out for season one, reapted the rewards and died in the ass. With Adu set to sign for Benfica, it seems Kaz could be staying a little longer at Melbourne. Secondly, I'm pretty sure you havn't seen any of Melbourne's practice games because Keenan has been tearing it up. What basis is there to call Love a reject? He's on loan, we are only paying him his weekly wages, and not some absurd amount for an old bloke. We picked up Fred as a nobody, bought him for a minimal amount, and made a killing from his sale. Quite a contrast between finally picking out a "has been".

The A-League was supposed to be a good stepping stone for young Aussies to come through the ranks, but it seems Sydney FC is intent on going with Dad's army.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC

Sydney Fc has produced both Mark Milligan and David Carney who are both now part of the soceroos. That is a much bigger contribution to the autralin national team than Melbourne Victory have done so far.

veridis

droog
HSC

i'm sick of all this "SFC is too old"/"MV is building for the future" bullshit . building for the future? kaz and love are on loan. you're building for other clubs futures. you want to look for young aussie talent. SFC have 3 players in the Olyroos, MV 1. great empire you're building there. all you "prospects" are in their mid-late 20's, in the prime of their careers, they should be shining now, pushing for socceroos places but still you insist on arguing they're "for the future". your only players that should still be "prospects"(ie U23) are Broxham, Berger, Piorky, Panta, Kaz and Love, and the last two arent even yours. SFC have Zadkovich, Tsattalios, Vidiac, Timpano, Casey and Biddle all under 21. Plus Milligan and Brosque also U23. Sydney FC is what the A-League set out to be. Experienced Aussies and big name foreigners creating a quality league for true youngsters to get a chance and develop before moving on to Europe, where all established Socceroos should be playnig for a long time yet. MV is a team full of players in their prime(25-30) who couldnt cut it in Europe. You seem to think the A-League is a top world league, and can keep players in their prime. With a few exceptions if a player is still here in his prime he's simply not good enough. These are the types of players MV is full of.

as for how is love a reject, at age 20 he was still playing in the state league of sao paulo and wasn't even picked up for the reserves of any of the teams in the 4 levels of brazillian soccer above him. instead he got picked up by a mediocre jap team(they only just promoted from J2 last season) and is getting loaned out from there. He'd be in the bottom 2 or 3 Brazillians in the league easily.

anyway how's ljube mobile settling in? i hear the team spirit is great down there in tardistan.

rhcpfox1

HSC

veridis said:
i'm sick of all this "SFC is too old"/"MV is building for the future" bullshit . building for the future? kaz and love are on loan. you're building for other clubs futures. you want to look for young aussie talent. SFC have 3 players in the Olyroos, MV 1. great empire you're building there. all you "prospects" are in their mid-late 20's, in the prime of their careers, they should be shining now, pushing for socceroos places but still you insist on arguing they're "for the future". your only players that should still be "prospects"(ie U23) are Broxham, Berger, Piorky, Panta, Kaz and Love, and the last two arent even yours. SFC have Zadkovich, Tsattalios, Vidiac, Timpano, Casey and Biddle all under 21. Plus Milligan and Brosque also U23. Sydney FC is what the A-League set out to be. Experienced Aussies and big name foreigners creating a quality league for true youngsters to get a chance and develop before moving on to Europe, where all established Socceroos should be playnig for a long time yet. MV is a team full of players in their prime(25-30) who couldnt cut it in Europe. You seem to think the A-League is a top world league, and can keep players in their prime. With a few exceptions if a player is still here in his prime he's simply not good enough. These are the types of players MV is full of.

as for how is love a reject, at age 20 he was still playing in the state league of sao paulo and wasn't even picked up for the reserves of any of the teams in the 4 levels of brazillian soccer above him. instead he got picked up by a mediocre jap team(they only just promoted from J2 last season) and is getting loaned out from there. He'd be in the bottom 2 or 3 Brazillians in the league easily.

anyway how's ljube mobile settling in? i hear the team spirit is great down there in tardistan.
You also forgot Langerak, he's only 18.
Up until the departure of Leijer we had 8 under 23 prospects
Sydney currently have 8, after the departure of Carney.
One less under 23-player and suddenly we're a team full of "players in their prime(25-30) who couldnt cut it in Europe". We have 12 players who fit that age. Only one, Muscat, is older (33)

By the same token Sydney have "prime players" who couldnt cut it in Europe in the shape of - Fyfe, McFlynn, Necevski, and Bolton,Rudan and Middleby and Talay( all 31, so past prime by your reasoning).
SFC - 3 "prime players"
- 8 players between 31 to 34 years of age.

I see where the experienced part of your team comes from, but saying that Sydney are providing opportunities for 'true youngsters to get a chance' is absurd.
You have one more U23 player than us.
Chances are Sydney are going to keep playing the older players,
Rudan Middleby Talay Juninho Popovic Corica Fyfe McFlynn Bolton...
That leaves two spots, most likely taken by Milligan and Zadkovic
Who have you got sitting on the bench then? Most of your 'true youngsters'.
I don't see Tsalliotis getting too much game time, just like at MVFC I don't see Langerak (our youngest player) getting a lot of game time because of quality competition.

Congrats SFC on making the A-League a breeding ground for 'true youngsters' and 'giving them a chance'.

Please.

sk1001

HSC

veridis said:

FFS, I said it before, and I'll say it again. With Freddy Adu looking to sign with Benfica, it seems as though Patafta's loan could become permanent in the future. If Love had been brought in as a starting XI player, your argument would be at least somewhat valid, but he's a backup to Allsopp and Archie, and he knows it. You don't have to breach your salary cap with every player you buy :rofl: . There's a fine line between buying big and buying smart.

Your whole argument is a contridiction. You talk about the HAL being a league set out to have experienced Aussies and big name foreigners, yet claim Melbourne to be full of players "who couldnt cut it in Europe".

Sure, they might not have been able to "cut it in Europe", but they sure have been cutting it up downunder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)