The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

+1 Victory recruitment.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/football/socceroos-look-closer-to-home/2007/08/13/1186857429447.html?page=2 said:
Boultbee admitted he was disappointed Melbourne Victory defender Adrian Leijer and Sydney FC flanker David Carney had recently left the A-League before the World Cup campaign, though he conceded Leijer's move to Fulham in the English Premier League would have been hard to resist. Leijer is expected to be replaced at Victory by under-20 international Sebastian Ryall, who may also zoom into Socceroos calculations before 2010.

sk1001

HSC

veridis said:
seems the tard is stuck on loop. anyone close enough to hit the reboot button?
Comedian in the house!

HSC

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Every A-League striker should be pissing their pants at reading this!!!!!!

Zdrilic may move back to get ahead

August 14, 2007

SYDNEY FC coach Branko Culina hasn't ruled out using former Socceroo David Zdrilic as a part-time defender this season - particularly if the signing of a new Brazilian striker is completed.
Zdrilic's struggle in front of goal since the start of the A-League has been well chronicled, and in the final year of his contract the former international forward is under growing pressure to cement a regular first-team spot. Alex Brosque and Steve Corica may both find themselves in the front line, while new signings Brendon Santalab and Ben Vidaic will also be pushing for opportunities. But it is the impending arrival of a new Brazilian striker - rumoured to be former Sao Paulo forward Patrick da Silva - that may displace Zdrilic from the team.
Culina still harbours hopes Zdrilic will rediscover his scoring touch, but admits the striker may be an option at the other end of the park. Sydney FC have a long list of injury concerns in defence, while former Socceroos stopper Tony Popovic is still short of match fitness.
Zdrilic played as a defender under Culina a decade ago at Sydney United, and produced a cameo role at the back in a trial against Manly United last week, suggesting his career may come full circle.
"One thing I always look at is versatility, it's so important in the modern game," Culina said. "I know David can play at the back - he's aggressive, he's reasonable in the air, and he can see the game in front of him. He's definitely someone who could slot in [in defence], and I wouldn't rule it out."
After an ordinary pre-season campaign, Sydney finally got some joy with a win over Melbourne Victory last weekend, and will round out their preparations for the season opener against Central Coast Mariners on August 24 with a final hit-out against NSW Premier League side Penrith-Nepean United at the CUA Stadium on Friday night.
Marquee star Juninho is unlikely to make his debut in the match.
Michael Cockerill

sk1001

HSC

I saw a Zdrilic goal and nobody believes me
He was sixteen yards out with nobody in sight
I saw a Zdrilic goal and nobody believes me
And what's it gonna take for Zdrilic to score tonight

sk1001

HSC

fuck off sydney fuck off sydney fuck off sydney fuck off sydney fuck off sydney fuck off sydney fuck off sydney fuck off sydney fuck off sydney fuck off sydney fuck off sydney fuck off sydney fuck off sydney fuck off sydney fuck off sydney fuck off sydney fuck off sydney fuck off sydney fuck off sydney fuck off sydney fuck off sydney fuck off sydney fuck off sydney fuck off sydney

veridis

droog
HSC

psst, you're playing phoenix this week. you should at least try to make it look like you care about MV, not just about SFC.

sk1001

HSC

veridis said:
psst, you're playing phoenix this week. you should at least try to make it look like you care about MV, not just about SFC.
DIE DIE SYDNEY FUCKING DIE
DIE DIE SYDNEY FUCKING DIE

See you in Round 7 you prick. For your sake, I hope it doesn't rain!

veridis

droog
HSC

so i guess round 7 will be the first game you go to, seeing as SFC seems to be all you care about.

veridis

droog
HSC

Captain Gh3y said:
lol @ a Sydney fan making a comment about attending games
rofl you are so right. second highest attendances for league games so far, SFC should be so ashamed. i mean top attendances v1 and 3rd in v2, that is such a massive failure. lol @ sydney

if you're a tard congrats on a massive v2, if you're not shut the fuck up about attendances cause you've been owned by SFC.

edit - i should give props to roar fans too, they're almost equal to SFC crowds and have never really had a decent team to support. if they can become a top 2 or 3 side i can see them challenging MV crowds

Last edited:

sk1001

HSC

veridis said:
rofl you are so right. second highest attendances for league games so far, SFC should be so ashamed. i mean top attendances v1 and 3rd in v2, that is such a massive failure. lol @ sydney

if you're a tard congrats on a massive v2, if you're not shut the fuck up about attendances cause you've been owned by SFC.

edit - i should give props to roar fans too, they're almost equal to SFC crowds and have never really had a decent team to support. if they can become a top 2 or 3 side i can see them challenging MV crowds
He's from Newy. They got a bigger semi final crowd then you lot. So I would stfu if I was you.

FUCKING 1-0!

sk1001

HSC

Well done boys, good start to the season. How good is Juninho yeah?

sk1001

HSC

It's All Gone Quiet Over There.

veridis

droog
HSC

you're gaining satisfaction from the fact that other people had better things to do on friday and saturday nights than spend them online arguing with you?
it was well done but the boys and a good start to the season. if you watched the game you would have seen that juninho owned, much more than carlos "i'm too fat and have to be subbed off after an hour" hernandez. muscat dominated like always but once nix got over their nerves and started playing football you guys didn't look too good.

sk1001

HSC

Juninho owned? How many did he score? How many did he set up? Where is Sydney FC on the table?

veridis

droog
HSC

*sigh* and i suppose Ronaldo is suddenly shite too cause he hasn't set any up this season and ManU are stuck at the bottom(i have to drag out these ManU comparisons for as long as possible)

Juninho had a solid game, SFCs problems are with the strikers, not the supply. if you had watched the match you would see why SFC fans arent particularly worried. Even in shit conditions SFC played more attractive football than they did last season under TB and coasties only goal came from a brain explosion by bolton rather than being outplayed(though we were outplayed for the first half hour as the boys tried to play a short passing game in a swamp). given you seem to want stats to back everything up lets look at some.
Shots: SFC 14 - MV 11
On Target: 8 - 3
Saves made by opposition keeper: 4 - 1
Corners: 8 - 3
SFC came up against a keeper in form(IIRC Vukovic made 2nd most saves) and were admittedly poor in front of goal. even still we had 2 shots cleared off the line by defenders and one blasted over with an open goal. definite positive signs. if you watched the game at all you would know this. instead you're a stupid fuck who can only look at the table. tell me, are you going to admit you were lucky to get away with a draw? or are you going to hide behind the table again?

oh and is anyone going to acknowledge that despite having the worst weather SFC managed to get the biggest crowd of the round?

sk1001

HSC

Admittedly, you do have problems upfront, but that is where Sydney FC's recruitment team is lost. You needed a striker, it was blatently obvious, even more so when Petrovski left. You brought in an attacking midfielder in Juninho, great publicity etc, but not exactly what you were after. This is where Sydney FC fails as a whole, not just on the pitch.

P.S. not much to boast about when 2 of the 3 home games were played in Perth and Wellington.

veridis

droog
HSC

sk1001 said:
P.S. not much to boast about when 2 of the 3 home games were played in Perth and Wellington.
...and beating Qld, who last season had second highest attendances, despite terrible weather. if we can keep up the 19k that'll be higher than anyone so far bar you guys, but i dont see anyone catching you soon, melbourne has a completely superior membership culture.

as for saying juninho was a mistake, the options were juninho, or nobody. the marquee strikers we went for, aloisi and fowler, both priced themselves out of our range. funny that aloisi is now left in the lurch, but if we had signed him we'd now have problems in mid. we don't have a wide replacement for carney and juninho allows us to play a more central formation. if our midfielders choices were corica, talay, middleby, mcflynn, zadkovich and biddle(plus maybe brosque but i dont see him as a wigner) it would be a rather awkward combination. given our squad we needed a new striker, and a new winger. branko got us a new striker and changed our midfield structure so we needed an AM instead. i just hope he sticks to the 541/532 that we had during the second half

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)