Humoures Pun
HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

Where is Aloisi at the momet?

sk1001

HSC

veridis said:
...and beating Qld, who last season had second highest attendances, despite terrible weather. if we can keep up the 19k that'll be higher than anyone so far bar you guys, but i dont see anyone catching you soon, melbourne has a completely superior membership culture.

as for saying juninho was a mistake, the options were juninho, or nobody. the marquee strikers we went for, aloisi and fowler, both priced themselves out of our range. funny that aloisi is now left in the lurch, but if we had signed him we'd now have problems in mid. we don't have a wide replacement for carney and juninho allows us to play a more central formation. if our midfielders choices were corica, talay, middleby, mcflynn, zadkovich and biddle(plus maybe brosque but i dont see him as a wigner) it would be a rather awkward combination. given our squad we needed a new striker, and a new winger. branko got us a new striker and changed our midfield structure so we needed an AM instead. i just hope he sticks to the 541/532 that we had during the second half
Again with the marquee bullshit. Why did you have to pursue a "marquee" foward? Juninho is a good addition sure, but you have 1 proven striker. Of the 5 strikers you have, only Brosque poses any real threat. Nobody has seen much of Vidaic, Santalab and Patrick and Zdrillic is just fucking shit.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC

Santalab was a pretty good striker in the NSL

veridis

droog
HSC

sk1001 said:
Again with the marquee bullshit. Why did you have to pursue a "marquee" foward? Juninho is a good addition sure, but you have 1 proven striker. Of the 5 strikers you have, only Brosque poses any real threat. Nobody has seen much of Vidaic, Santalab and Patrick and Zdrillic is just fucking shit.
i mention a marquee striker "wtf marquees suck"
we bring in non-marquee strikers "wtf random players suck"

sk1001

HSC

veridis said:
i mention a marquee striker "wtf marquees suck"
we bring in non-marquee strikers "wtf random players suck"
What's your point?
Let me just remind you that Sydney Fc let both Djite and Burns through the net.

veridis

droog
HSC

my point is that you only real objection is that sydney is doing it, not what is done.

your point being? burns and djite were both signed at the start of v2, when sydney werent even in the market. let me remind you EVERYONE let them slip through, apart from adelaide, but of course you only care about what sydney is doing. bought your ticket for november 10 yet? should be a good first game for you.

sk1001

HSC

veridis said:
my point is that you only real objection is that sydney is doing it, not what is done.

your point being? burns and djite were both signed at the start of v2, when sydney werent even in the market. let me remind you EVERYONE let them slip through, apart from adelaide, but of course you only care about what sydney is doing. bought your ticket for november 10 yet? should be a good first game for you.
Mate, sure "everybody" let Burns and Djite through, but they were in your backyard FFS. You had Brosque, Petrovski and Zdrillic last year and knew Carbone wasn't going to be there for the whole season. Why you wouldn't pick up at least one of Burns or Djite for your mandatory 3 under-21 players just doesn't make sense. The mentality at Sydney FC is wrong.

Don't worry mate, I'll be there. Will you?

veridis

droog
HSC

you really are a stupid tard arent you. you can't comprhend the fact that at the start of v2, when burns and djite were looknig for a club SFC was full. no more space.
and given burns and djite were at AIS since thye were 15 and 16 i dont see how SFC let them slip any more than anyone else.
*awaits sk1001s inevitable "but...but...SFC suck" reply*

sk1001

HSC

veridis said:
you really are a stupid tard arent you. you can't comprhend the fact that at the start of v2, when burns and djite were looknig for a club SFC was full. no more space.
and given burns and djite were at AIS since thye were 15 and 16 i dont see how SFC let them slip any more than anyone else.
*awaits sk1001s inevitable "but...but...SFC suck" reply*
Yeah, your team was full....full of shitcunts. The equation was simple. Zdrillic gets the boot, Djite/Burns comes in.

Burns was born in NSW, Djite moved when he was 3. Before they were in the AIS, they played in the NSW premier league. THEY WERE IN YOUR FUCKING BACK YARD. But for whatever reason, you decided to overlook them.

veridis

droog
HSC

so you're advocating signing 15 year olds? i also like how NSW=SFC, i'm sure fans of newcastle and mariners will be pleased with that.
i'll explain what "full" means in more detail since you're too fucknig stupid to understand. full means we had no salary cap space left. to break zdonk's contract we would have had to pay it out, that would still count toward the cap as monies payed to players. so while we could have got zdonk out of our squad we wouldn't be able to bring anyone in. given we started a game with only pasfield on the bench, imagine if our squad was 1 player less.
you know fuck all about the situation surrounding either player or SFC, so please shut up and stop demonstrating to us that you're just a sydney obsessed tard.

HSC

veridis said:
so you're advocating signing 15 year olds?
hahaha.....i think i recall you bagging victory for letting spiranovic go when he was around that age.

veridis said:
given we started a game with only pasfield on the bench, imagine if our squad was 1 player less.
goes to show how awesome your club is :S

see ya november 10th scum sydney supporter.

veridis

droog
HSC

a tard not understanding the subtleties of an argument, why am i not surprised.
my spira comments earlier were a direct response to your claims that MV had brilliant scouting because you 'found' spira. i was pointing out that finding is useless if you can't sign them, which is the exact situation SFC was in for bridge and djite. you're almost as bad as sk.

sk1001

HSC

veridis said:
so you're advocating signing 15 year olds? i also like how NSW=SFC, i'm sure fans of newcastle and mariners will be pleased with that.
i'll explain what "full" means in more detail since you're too fucknig stupid to understand. full means we had no salary cap space left. to break zdonk's contract we would have had to pay it out, that would still count toward the cap as monies payed to players. so while we could have got zdonk out of our squad we wouldn't be able to bring anyone in. given we started a game with only pasfield on the bench, imagine if our squad was 1 player less.
you know fuck all about the situation surrounding either player or SFC, so please shut up and stop demonstrating to us that you're just a sydney obsessed tard.
rofl. who's fault is that? paying zdrillic ludcris amounts of money, although money really shouldn't be a problem with Lowy having his 51% stake. I'm sure you could have booted some other shitcunts out anyway.

Mariners already have links with a grassroots junior football team, and besides neither Newcastle nor Central Coast needed strikers at the time. Sydney Fc on the other hand have needed a striker since the day Dwight departed.

You can only blame yourself...

veridis

droog
HSC

CCM didn't need strikers? do you have any idea how stupid you are? their top scorer was mori on a short term deal. mrdja was their only recognised striker and he was injured for most of the season. they were constantly playing midfielders as striker cause they had nobody else, ie petrie and pondjelak. if they didn't need a striker why did they sign mori on a guest stint and then sasho at the end of the season?
your comment that we "could have booted some other shitcunts out anyway" shows again just how stupid you are. to boot them out you need to pay out thier contract, meaning they still count towards the cap.
we needed a striker since dwight left? he played DM for us, but you think we only needed a striker after he left. in v1 sasho scored 7 and zdonk 6, i dont think either of them count as great strikers. we needed a striker before dwight left, dwight just helped our midfield dominate so much that we were able to hide it for a season.
everyone will agree zdonk is on too much but i hardly see how you can blame us for not signing burns or djite in v2 when our decisions had been made before v1 and we were stuck with them. criticise the initial decisions and you have my full support, talk bullshit about situations you know fuck all about and i'll rip you to shreds.

*waits for the tards to keep trying to change the topic rather than admitting they don't know anything*

sk1001

HSC

Well really, that's a silly decision on SFC's part to sign 21 players on long time contracts. Should have taken a leaf out of Melbourne's book, where basically the whole team was on a one year contract for season 1. The only good striker SFC has ever had was Kazu. Shame he was a "guest player".

At least CCM did something about it. They got Mori to fill the gap. They got Petrovski this season. They are scoring goals. At least for now they have their attacking options sorted.

veridis

droog
HSC

cause MVs 1 year deals really worked well for v1 didn't they? wow 7th, brilliant tactics there. when you decided to offer people longer contracts you managed to attract a few more quality players, managed to get a bit more commitment out of people and owned because of it. football teams need a bit of stability, players need stability. the SFC board fucked up paying 3 or 4 players too much but can you imagine what would have happened if Caney, milligan, petrovski, corica, rudan and talay were all off contract after their brilliant v1s? half of them would have been poached by other HAL clubs. zdonk(and to a certain extent talay and bolton) were signed on too much at the start of v1, that was a mistake. i dont see how that equates to SFCs scouting being shit because we let burns and djite slip through the net in v2.

yes CCM are doing something about it, but that just shows they were on the market, but missed burns/djite, while SFC were not on the market but knew about them.

every club has made mistakes, why can you not see that blindingly obvious fact. you really have to move beyond this view that SFC=shit and not SFC=perfect.

sk1001

HSC

So we did shit in season 1, luckily our players were on one year contracts otherwise we would have been fucked for season 2. It was a brilliant tactic. From season one, Melbourne was building an empire for the long term. Sydney on the other hand, a one season wonder....

In other news, Melbourne now has 20,000 members. Almost your whole crowd last week..

veridis

droog
HSC

20000 member> our crowd last week, or this week for that matter.
you claim coming 7th in v1 was part of a tactic to build an empire in the long run. you are so delusional it's not worth wasting rational arguments.

sk1001

HSC

And to think you claimed that signing players on 1 year contracts was a bad move!

I liked your defending for Adelaide's second goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)