The "I didn't go well in my half yearlies" Thread (1 Viewer)

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Re: I screwed up my half yearlies

wont help you in life though
Maybe it will... For example if you ever approach her in real life and she's near a door, then she might stick your fingers near the hinges of a door and break your them using the Torque provided by the door... In that case it would certainly help her ;)

OMG i get it now..
thanks for helping..
now i may get 2-3 marks extra :)
Yeah np, let us know how it goes. But I really do think your Physics teacher doesn't know what she's talking about, and that you should seriously do some self study if you want to do well in the course.

lliissaa31188

HSC

I've done the HSC , didnt do too badly at it, but could have done much better if it wasnt for the stress.

I cant say this plainly enough, but your marks really dont matter a short while later and next year you wont care in the slightest. Worst case scenario, if you dont get the required marks, do a Certificate IV or higher TAFE course which can get you guaranteed entry into some universities (I go to Newcastle University) and if you do a TAFE course relevant to your chosen degree thats extra credit and time off your degree, depending. If it doesnt get you guaranteed entry, its another qualification that you can apply to uni with, and apply for a degree that has a low UAI... because once enrolled at university, its incredibly easy to switch over.

I didnt get a UAI because of the types of courses I did, studied film at TAFE for a year and got passes and a few credits in the competency list, enrolled into an arts degree, got a credit on 4 subjects and failed two, and was able to transfer into Mechatronics Engineering. If enrolled in a different degree becuase its easier to get into, do subjects that count towards the degree you want, as they can count for 'electives' if anyone notices that you arnt following your degree program... and they rarely do.

Or do open foundation which I've heard is a really nice introduction into a hectic university life... but I completely and utterly understand that an extra year seems like such a long time to finish your degree, but I promise you that its nothing worth the amount of stress that everyone gets in.

Try do well, but I sincerely promise it is not nearly as big a deal as it is made out to be.

Chrissiieee

HSC

i've got my Engrish half-yearlies coming up this monday.

smoke some mary.j before you do them people. :shy:

Missy.15

HSC

Hey
i totally understand where your comming from!
You just really need to accept that you didn't go as great as you thought you would.
It's happend to me ALOT... shit happens :'(
But NEXT time you will TOP the class lol...
You practically feel gutterd when you try your arse off and the results are shit.
But seriously don't take it to heart. Take a deap breath and try even harder next time!

Im currently in the middle of my 1/2 yearly's, and im really not motivated atm to study for them haha... things like this distract me so much!

:)
xx

coeyz

HSC

What do you guys do to minimise your stress in exams?
I was getting so nervous before the day of exam, sometimes I can even just sleep for 1-2 hours, dont eat, dont bath, ~__~
I know its a bit desperate, and it also bring negative effects ..
BUT
I feel really stress. and nothing can help to calm me down.

Chrissiieee

HSC

I was getting so nervous before the day of exam, sometimes I can even just sleep for 1-2 hours, dont eat, dont bath, ~__~
BUT
punch down some cones hun.
instant calm down effect. :haha:

0Renzokuken0

HSC

If it makes you feel better, i got 90% for the first task with the rank of 2/7, but in my second task i got 56% rank 6/7. My overall rank now is 5/7, so i guess ill have to work harder at physics, same with you.

Gunner4lyfe

HSC

BUT
Think of it this way...Whats the worst that can happen???

Take care of your health..its far more important than the Hsc

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC

I finished my half-yearlies on Friday. It feels so good to have them over and done with.
I think I did well in everything except English and Modern, but I'm thinking about dropping Modern...
I do 2 extensions (Maths and German), and my school "strongly recommends" that students doing 2 extensions do 12 units, meaning that they harass those who choose not to. So far, Modern has been a kind of safety net, especially since I didn't know if I would be good at German extension, but the idea of dropping it has become more and more appealing.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC

i've got my Engrish half-yearlies coming up this monday.

smoke some mary.j before you do them people. :shy:
Heh heh, sound advice. At least with regards to getting rid of stress. But then you get your paper back, and find out that all you did was drool on on the essay section and draw quite an impressive picture of a pink elephant on the creative writing. It really depends on the teacher, but most won't receive that very kindly.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC

Hey i know how you feel about teachers not understanding what they are saying, my English teacher took half an hour to explain to the class that a Bruce Dawes poem was stating that we are bombarded by consumerism since birth, and the class still didnt understand. took me 30 seconds to tell everyone.

Hey has anyone heard of double-jeapardy in exam marking?

According to my teachers when you get a question that has follow up questions, i.e, "Work this out, then using this working out, find this answer blah blah", you get the first one wrong,meaning the rest are wrong, but you still score marks because the follow up questions are right according to "your" working out?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Hey i know how you feel about teachers not understanding what they are saying, my English teacher took half an hour to explain to the class that a Bruce Dawes poem was stating that we are bombarded by consumerism since birth, and the class still didnt understand. took me 30 seconds to tell everyone.

According to my teachers when you get a question that has follow up questions, i.e, "Work this out, then using this working out, find this answer blah blah", you get the first one wrong,meaning the rest are wrong, but you still score marks because the follow up questions are right according to "your" working out?
Yep thats correct. My maths, Chemistry and Physics teacher said that.

So lets say for maths, the answer is supposed to be "21 sin 77 = x" and you write in "23 sin 77 = x" this question will be marked wrong. But if you require this question for further working out in other question they will be marked write.

(Examples were purely made up, also if anyone has any additions or corrections, please add/correct)

HSC

i believe there are sleeping pills u can take before u go into an exam, really relieves the stress

zzzz12345

HSC

At my school we carry it 'Carry Through Error'. Basically if you make a mistake (generally simple arithmetic) in the beginning but work the subsequent question(s) out correctly (using your initially incorrect value) then you will only lose one mark for the mistake. The point of 'Carry Through Error' is for you to still be able to get some marks if you demonstrate the skills that the question requires of you but just made a simple/stupid mistake...For me it often linked to not seeing plus or minus signs or seeing a 2 as a 3 (for unapparent reasons) etc.

SophJI

HSC
What are you on about
YOU HAVE FUCKEN GOOD RANKINGS get over it
there are people worse then you.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC

i did.
haven;t got results back yet but i just know i fucked them up.

estimating 75 for pdhpe and 70 for ancient :(:::(::(:(:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)