The "I just had a shit day at school" thread (1 Viewer)

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
My day's only starting...and I'm already wishing school's finished x.x Three hours of sleep last night was far, far from enough...went to bed at midnight but for some reason I was still wide awake at 3:30am :S Ugh English short story due today...still gotta copy it out neatly though :p

xx__savannah

HSC
My shit days have just been topped.

I've got an English assessment, an oral on Transformations of Hamlet and R&G, due tomorrow. I left all my sheets at school because I thought they were in my book instead of my folder, and I can't do it without them 'cos I changed scene today as I couldn't get a 10minute speech on the scenes I had chosen. It's first period tomorrow, so I have no time to do it. I asked my teacher if I could possibly be one of the people to do it on Monday because I'm sick and also have a Chem assignment due that day, but she said no. I mean, only 6 people can say theirs in the lesson, what harm is there in letting me get off the hook for the weekend? She's seen what I've done so far, and I'll probably get up to 8 minutes tonight, but can't get any more than that.

And the Chemistry assignment is impossible. 6 questions worth a total of 5 marks. The bibliography is also 5 marks -.- An essay, with the most stupid questions I've ever seen, worth 25. And because my answers to the question were excellent and I've done the course last year, the teacher expects me to do well on the essay -- half the class doesn't know what she wants us to talk about.

I can't wait for Saturday.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
My school has 8 37 minutes periods every day, except Wednesday when we only have 4 37 minutes period.

Tuesday and Wednesday would be my worst days because the first period is chemistry, and my teacher does not allow us to come late to class even 1 second or he'll go mad...

Last edited:

xx__savannah

HSC
37 minute lessons? I couldn't stand that. How do you do in-class essays? (or don't you do them?)

We have two period of 60min lessons, recess, 2 x 50, lunch, 2 x 40. On sport (which is Tuesday this term, Wednesday in T2+3) We have 3 lessons around 50mins each, depends on how long our college assemblies go for.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
XcarvengerX said:
My school has 8 37 minutes periods every day, except Wednesday when we only have 4 37 minutes period.
Lol, why 37? Usually periods are lengths in multiples of 5. We used to have 8 40 minute periods, but it was too short so now we've implemented 7 45 minute periods instead.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
Lol, why 37? Usually periods are lengths in multiples of 5. We used to have 8 40 minute periods, but it was too short so now we've implemented 7 45 minute periods instead.
i reckon 45min periods are still too short because the teacher may be late or it may take students a long time to get ready and unpack. thus the time of the lesson gets reduced.

karoooh

HSC
Mine's 6 x 50 min periods. I remember back in Year 9, the school had a vote between the P&C and teachers on whether or not our school hours should be extended to 5:00 pm from 3:15!

Who's idea was that?

Glen Anderson

Captain Affirmative
HSC
today wasn't to bad after all it was friday. nah good day, my turn to serve in the canteen at recess then went to maccas at lunch and had CAKE in business studies.CAKE.also had a free first thing this morning. fridays are awsome

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
xx__savannah said:
37 minute lessons? I couldn't stand that. How do you do in-class essays? (or don't you do them?)
We usually have to write 6 sides in 30 minutes, and I'm only doing ESL...
Riviet said:
I don't know. I thought it is the same for every other school.

Lunch is last for 29 minutes, from 11:58 am to 12:27 pm.
On Wednesday, we start school at 9:22 am.

Maybe that's why most students from my school got band 6 or high band 5 in Math 3u and 4u. :D (Being a small school is another reason I think)

Last edited:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
karoooh said:
Mine's 6 x 50 min periods. I remember back in Year 9, the school had a vote between the P&C and teachers on whether or not our school hours should be extended to 5:00 pm from 3:15!

Who's idea was that?
5:30 is crazy ! most students are practically dead by the afternoon lol

xx__savannah

HSC
XcarvengerX said:
We usually have to write 6 sides in 30 minutes, and I'm only doing ESL...
6 what, sorry? So, you don't do any essays at all? I do them in Chem, Eng and Economics -- thought that was normal.

I never realised that the times and stuff were so different from school to school -- we have our lunches at 11 and 1, same as primary school, and all the schools in our area start at 9-ish, except for two public schools which are at 8:30-2ish.

karoooh said:

Who's idea was that?
8:57-3:14 plus 2 hours on a bus a day is long enough for me -- glad my school never had that idea =)

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
xx__savannah said:
6 what, sorry? So, you don't do any essays at all? I do them in Chem, Eng and Economics -- thought that was normal.
OK, I mean 6 sides essay for English, but that's just normal school works, not an assessment as my teacher want us to practice write fast about area of study or text on society... something like that... still I just write some smart BS most of the time.:p

My Physics teacher is so lame, he never asked us to write an essay, and if he did, no one will bother to do it as he won't check it anyway.

xx__savannah

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
i reckon 45min periods are still too short because the teacher may be late or it may take students a long time to get ready and unpack. thus the time of the lesson gets reduced.
How long can it take to open books and get pens? Teachers also shouldn't be late, but if they are, there should be something to go on with, whether it's reading ahead in the text book, starting the next exercise, or writing the dot point in your book. By taking so long to get ready or whatever it's the student's fault -- if it takes them 10 minutes to settle and unpack each lesson, that's almost an entire lesson wasted per day they could be revising.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
argh, had the worst day ever today. okay, so i got up at 6:40 like always only to discover that my clock had gone funny like it sometimes does for whatever evil reason and in reality it was 7:25. so i had to rush like no tomorrow to get ready, no brekky, didnt brush my hair, forgot half my stuff including 2 essays that were due. as i run out the door i tripped over the verandah step *ouch* and rocked up at school all scruffy and with dirt on my front. lovely. the bus was late to school, so my bio teacher had a go at me which didnt improve my mood one bit. i didnt have my work with me for about 3 classes on account of all the earlier rushing around, so thats catch up i'll have to do, gah. on top of that it was hot as hell, i got a huge headache, fell over again going up the walkway stairs, and the back of my bra chose today to go all retarded and keep unclasping. all in all, VERY glad to be back home *contented sigh*

pointless

Just around the Corner...wanna go for a walk?
HSC
xx__savannah said:
How long can it take to open books and get pens? Teachers also shouldn't be late, but if they are, there should be something to go on with, whether it's reading ahead in the text book, starting the next exercise, or writing the dot point in your book. By taking so long to get ready or whatever it's the student's fault -- if it takes them 10 minutes to settle and unpack each lesson, that's almost an entire lesson wasted per day they could be revising.
i see where ur commin from and my school has "measures" to counter-act the wasting of time between periods... but the thing is some of these really... REALLY... REALLY conservative teachers wont trust us in the room without a teacher... so i guess in my situation i can only bitch about the teachers that are immoveable in their opinions about my form...

karoooh

HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
If you finish at 5:00pm what time would you start?
We would've started at our usual time - 8:50 am. But no biggie, all the teachers opposed the idea - Who'd want to spend time with their students for an extra 2 hours?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
karoooh said:
We would've started at our usual time - 8:50 am. But no biggie, all the teachers opposed the idea - Who'd want to spend time with their students for an extra 2 hours?
my year 11 english teacher offered to stay back to help anymore with any problems they are having. shes so nice =]

Screwball116

HSC
You Dont know shit day til you've lived a day in my life
I have so many committments outside of school plus a really heavy hw load plus chores around the house... all I need is a job and I'm set for a mental breakdown by next term LOL

Maybe instead of complaining about ur day u should think about how some other peoples days are every day i.e the poor and homeless, and be thankful u even go to school

karoooh

HSC
Screwball116 said:
You Dont know shit day til you've lived a day in my life
I have so many committments outside of school plus a really heavy hw load plus chores around the house... all I need is a job and I'm set for a mental breakdown by next term LOL

Maybe instead of complaining about ur day u should think about how some other peoples days are every day i.e the poor and homeless, and be thankful u even go to school
Of course everyone has shit days - Some might/do have it worser than others. But, what? We're not allowed to vent about it? And thinking about how much others have it worse than you, will just brighten up your day?

I am thankful for the fact that I'm able to go to school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)