The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
live the moment in high def quality :D . below is a link to the last 8 mins (last 3 goals)

http://fivefalcons.com/data/AusVsJap - Last 8 Mins.avi

Also, did anyone go into the City(sydney) for the game? what was the atmosphere like? Judging by Paragon it was tops. I'm hoping to hit the city for Aust V Croatia and possibly the Brazil match, though Monday is a bit tough.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Hey guys, with centrebet. I entered my card details and it sent it off. Do i have to wait a bit? I went to deposit money straight away and it says the last 4 digits of the card is wrong.

Edit: nevermind, works now :D

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
what a game! shit go the roos. honestly at 83 mins i thought well this ones gone, damn egyptian ref, honestly how couldnt the linesman have spotted that infringement? we got it back due to cahill, why he wasnt in the starting line up is beyond me, and johnny, again in my books shouldve started wif dukes.

Great games for Viduka, TImmy, Johnny, Chippers, Grella...shocking games for wilshire, moore and shcwarzer(though not his fault). We need to vastly improve especially against brazil, japan whilst had only few chances, vs brazil they will punish us if we let them run at us, which is what we did in final 15mins of 2nd half.

need to improve Defence, and get emertons position right, he is a MR not a damn CM or DR..Wilshire should be sent home, he sucked ass, we need to get our speed up in terms of creating plays and going forward, which is what brazil will do. Apart from that, great game.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
What happened to the USA? Poor Effort.
In short, they got their 'reality-Czech'.

I'm amazed, actually, slightly amazed, that coach Bruce Arena had the audacity to come out at a press-conference and actually single out players. eg. '..we got absolutely nothing out of Beasley today..' / '..Landon showed no aggresiveness..' / '..Keller put the ball upfield where we have nobody..'

I think he's living in some imaginary little world where he's the rookie NBA/NFL coach who'll stick it up to everyone and with the Championship. They got outclassed by a well-oiled Czech outfit, and I just wish he took some blame and not name players in public for not pulling their weight and against what is obviously a classy opposition.

Last edited:

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Apparently there has been a public apology from the refereeing circle in regards to the goal that was given to Japan. Can anyone else confirm this? If so, thats a pretty bold step in publicly recognising the FIFA World Cup referee made a wrong decision. Somehow, im not so sure they would have apologised had Australia lost to Japan 1-0.
Hm, from my understanding, there was no official apology from anyone. Basically, there was a break in play after the Japanese goal, Schwarzer went up to the referee and enquired why a foul wasn't awarded instead of a goal, the ref. turned around and said 'I'm sorry, I made a mistake'. That was all that happened. Although I did read on the scrolling bar on EuroSports News that the referee 'thanked God, that he's mistake didn't end up costing Australia'. So if he did apologise, I may have been in the Egyptian media circles.

pete_mate

HSC
copious said:
live the moment in high def quality :D . below is a link to the last 8 mins (last 3 goals)

http://fivefalcons.com/data/AusVsJap - Last 8 Mins.avi

Also, did anyone go into the City(sydney) for the game? what was the atmosphere like? Judging by Paragon it was tops. I'm hoping to hit the city for Aust V Croatia and possibly the Brazil match, though Monday is a bit tough.
electric, i've never seen anythign like the celebrations in the street before. at first people were chanting in a massive mob on the payment outside 1 bar, with people crowd surfing on top, spilling out onto the pavement.

further down george street there was a mess of cars as people were chanting in the steets, one guy on top of a phone both with a flag, and another on top of a car.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Led-Zep said:
we got it back due to cahill, why he wasnt in the starting line up is beyond me...
Maybe a tactical move?
Tactics could also explain why Kewell was a starter, when he was originally regarded not 100% fit by Hiddink. I didnt see anything from him which would indicate he wasnt fully match fit.

It was our match fitness that won us the game. Japan were out on their feet with 20 minutes to goal.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Here is how i see the world cup going (for the record).

Group A:
Germany
Costa Rica

Group B:
England
Paraguay

Group C:
Argentina
Cote' D Ivore

Group D:
Mexico
Portugal

Group E:
Italy
Czech Repupblic

Group F:
Brazil
Australia

Group G:
France
Korea

Group H:
Spain
Tunisia

Octals:
Germany Eliminating Paraguay.
England just defeating Costa Rica.
Argentina takes out Portugal with a late goal to end the equaliser.
Mexico beats Cote D'Ivore in penalty shoot outs.
Italy shocks Austalia with a convincing lead.
Brazil annihilates strong Czech opposition.
France humiliates Tunisia in a worthwhile attempted win.
Spain surges Korea in an early goal, and struggling to defend an equaliser.

Quarters:
Argentina destroys German opposition the Germans mourn as Ballack is declared unfit to play.
Italy defeats France after a static tie, socked in by italian striker
England outclasses Mexico with a convincing lead by captain Becham
Brazil faces tough opposition but defeats the spanish in a worthy battle.

Semi Finals:
Argentina Faces Italy in a Powerfull, battle attacking from the left side they manage a goal in the first half.
The momentum is increased as the italians finds a goal in the top left hand corner in the last minutes of the Second Half. Argentinian offence makes a goal giving the argentinians the win they had hoped for as they advance into the finals.

Brazil Dominates English Defence, with goals from Ronaldo, Robinho and Sturdy defencive midfieldier Cahu, protects a near Goal In an English Corner.
The Brazilian Side wins with a 1 point lead 2-1.

GRAND FINAL:
Brazil owns Argentina.
3-2

stazi

Nightman
HSC
pete_mate said:
electric, i've never seen anythign like the celebrations in the street before. at first people were chanting in a massive mob on the payment outside 1 bar, with people crowd surfing on top, spilling out onto the pavement.

further down george street there was a mess of cars as people were chanting in the steets, one guy on top of a phone both with a flag, and another on top of a car.
yes! it was actually more nuts than the qualifier. and the people outside that bar (agincourt) all conga'd through the street.
Fuck that was amazing. Makes me tingle inside watching the celebrations on the news.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
pete_mate said:
can you tell me where that's from, id love to see if its true.

so does this mean we get another match because we've won? or dow we need to beat/tie against croatia?

i was at town hall in the city after it, people were dancing in the streets on top of cars at one point. insane
lol, but you can find something random like that in any match.
Brazil 4 - costa rica 2

The first time that 2 goals were scored against the nation in a 54 minute period, in the opening game.
It's stupid :p

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
stazi said:
yes! it was actually more nuts than the qualifier. and the people outside that bar (agincourt) all conga'd through the street.
Fuck that was amazing. Makes me tingle inside watching the celebrations on the news.
As good as last night was in terms of the celebrations, I reckon the qualifier was much more enthralling. More people, more concentrated locations, more chants, plus, the weather and actual time meant increased viewership. I'm curious to see how people fare when it comes to throwing our support behind the boys against Brasil and Croatia, given the odd-timing and weather, oh and exams, that too.

And yeah, watching the news isn't supposed to be as emotional as it has become recently. :eek:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Here's how todays going to go:
Korea 1 - Togo 0 (Togo have very little chance as their coach walked out)
France 1 - Switzerland 1 (very much doubt it that france will win)
Brazil 2 - Croatia 0 (hopefully more than 2 though)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Paragon said:
As good as last night was in terms of the celebrations, I reckon the qualifier was much more enthralling. More people, more concentrated locations, more chants, plus, the weather and actual time meant increased viewership. I'm curious to see how people fare when it comes to throwing our support behind the boys against Brasil and Croatia, given the odd-timing and weather, oh and exams, that too.

And yeah, watching the news isn't supposed to be as emotional as it has become recently. :eek:
I thought that there were more celebrations the other night actually. The qualifier was huuge but this was huuuge (one more u)

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
stazi said:
Here's how todays going to go:
Korea 1 - Togo 0 (Togo have very little chance as their coach walked out)
France 1 - Switzerland 1 (very much doubt it that france will win)
Brazil 2 - Croatia 0 (hopefully more than 2 though)
The Togo coach is back actually.
To quote him, 'I'll be back on the bench for the match'.
Now, I'm not sure if he's first-choice coach or a super-sub.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I dreamt australia making a goal against brazil, it went in and then the dream ended. It was the first goal, but there was no commentary. It was probably an offside, or maybe there was a foul.
But I saw it go in......

Australia will score the first goal! Woot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)