• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Haha, sure it's on the TV Guides. Try ninemsn.com.au ..

3:00 am
SBS Sydney
Australia v Liechtenstein(150 mins)
Genre: Sport

Live. Coverage of the football match between Australia and Liechtenstein. Kick off at 3.30am.

ohhh thanx!! well the one i looked at said 3am 'Station close' then at 5am 'arabic news'

anyways, awesome thanx

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
my sharona said:
I'm sorry, i have to disagree with what some people said about the Aus keeper a few pages back.

Schwarzer may be experienced and have super fast reflexes, but i honestly think Kalac is a much better keeper for Australia in the WC. Kalac is much better at holding the ball is and is quicker to get up.

Schwarzer is not only injured, but he tends to just knock the ball wherever is convenient - not a good idea if you're playing against world class players constantly searching for an opportunity when your goalie is getting back on his feet.

Hi Benny!!!!!
Hi! :D

Gotta disagree about Kalac. He's a fine keeper, but he's had no match practice for a year. That makes a rather big difference when it comes to selection I think :p

Jimmy_B

HSC
politik said:
By the way, have you perhaps thought about how Holland will stop Riquelme, Tevez, Crespo, Messi, Cambiasso, Cruz and Maxi?

who????

ryan11

Dazedconfused
HSC
Yay!

I get to watch Australia's games at lovely hours in the afternoon/evening!

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Argentina to get through to group stage $1.28 win wc $9 ... i dare ya

Last edited:

- L1n -

HSC
politik said:
Tevez = 42 goals in 72 games in the Brazilian league this season.
Cruz = 21 goals in 45 games in Serie A for Inter this season.
Crespo = 13 goals in 26 games for Chelsea this season
Riquelme = doesn't need stats, he's simply the best pure footballer in the world, bar ronaldinho. noone moves the ball, dances with the ball - like he does. But if you want stats, 25 goals in 55 games this season.

I could go on, but my arguement is this. There is no arguement. And there is no contest. The only team in the world that can beat Brazil, at it's own game, on its day, is Argentina. Nevertheless I wont worry too much if they falter like 2002, Australia is my main focus this time around.

if ur gonna rely on stats atleast have proper stats. From Premier League Official website.

PL - Crespo 10 goals in 30 App scoring percentage of 30.33 percent
RVN 21 Goals 35 App "" "" 60 percent

Tevez - Brazilian League ain't no premier league, Robinho was god in Brazil, can't say much for him at Spain.

either when u look at it from all the strikers u mentioned and 1 mentioned RVN is clearly more likely to score.

Ur comparing Riquelme to Ronaldinho the dude dosen't come close. I admit Riquelme can dribble but theres several people better than him at it, i can mention heaps, Fatnaldo, Ronaldo, Robinho, Aimar, Robben, Ronaldinho, Giggs, Hleb,Henry the lists goes on. Only diff that sets him apart is his passing game not his dribbling game.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Tevez is a very different prospect to Robinho, and I'm sure he has a better chance of succeeding wherever he goes, if for no reason than the fact that he's built like an ox.

The problem with Argentine wunderkinds though, is that they come out at the rate of about 1 every year. Most of the time they turn out to be above average at best and mediocre at worst. Certainly not the type to set the world alight anyway.

And no politik, the Brazilian league doesn't shit over the EPL. The reason European clubs struggle in South America is climate. When they actually play in a fairer climate (i.e. in the Toyota Cup), the split has been 50-50. Actually in recent years European clubs have slaughtered South American clubs, last year being one of the few exceptions.

Last edited:

- L1n -

HSC
politik said:
Bahahaha what a retard. The Brazilian league SHITS all over the EPL. In fact, everytime one of those shit European teams has come to South America to play a club side they've been bitched. Remember Real Madrid's schlacking at the hands of Boca Juniors after their Champions League win? I could find a few 18 year olds in Brazil/Argentina who are better than Ruud.

Seriously, the game exists outside of Europe too.
Ur calling me a retard yet ur the retard making up stats when u based ur arguement on stats, r we talking Brazilian League here or Argentine cost last time i checked they r 2 seperate Leagues. Real lost to Boca Juniors too bad they r not Brazilian so ur Arguement is flawed. U could find a few? name club, facts any national coachs agree? if they do why arent they at World Cup? Hey and it dosne't matter if they r fact remains Ruud > Crespo > Cruz > Tevez > Messi > any aregentine striker in the current team, and plz don't say messi is better, he will be better but as of now in terms of pure scoring talent Ruud > them.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
A word to the wise, typing in real words and sentences will go a long way towards getting people to actually read what you type.

@politik- How did Chile do last time? Paraguay? Ecuador?

- L1n -

HSC
Benny_ said:
A word to the wise, typing in real words and sentences will go a long way towards getting people to actually read what you type.

@politik- How did Chile do last time? Paraguay? Ecuador?

To be frank Italy and Germany has won more world cups then Argentina.

ryan11

Dazedconfused
HSC
Hmm. I do not think Argentina will qualify from Group C. Too much rests on Messi and Tevez. Yes, they have quality, but not enough. Arrogance dominates them because of their history and the Messiah Maradona, but I doubt it will see them through.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Erm.. Argentina will qualify, it just won't be easy. Holland won't have it all their way either. It's not called the 'group of death' for nothing.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Messi is very much a star of the present. There is no one of his mold better in the group, Ronnie would testify to that. And no, RvN isn't in his mold.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
Messi is very much a star of the present.
Forget the Argentinians...forget the Dutch...forget the Brazilians as well. Ronaldo is the star of the present...and I don't mean that fat bloke, I mean Cristiano Ronaldo of Manchester United and Portugal. Watch him set the world cup alight. Portugal will win this years' World Cup and Ronaldo will also win the award for best player at the world cup :) .

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Pfft.. Ronaldo. What does he have that Peter Crouch doesn't :D

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
politik said:
Bahahaha what a retard. The Brazilian league SHITS all over the EPL. In fact, everytime one of those shit European teams has come to South America to play a club side they've been bitched. Remember Real Madrid's schlacking at the hands of Boca Juniors after their Champions League win? I could find a few 18 year olds in Brazil/Argentina who are better than Ruud.

Seriously, the game exists outside of Europe too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercontinental_Cup_(football) I dunno about you, but 3 from the last 10 really isn't that brilliant.

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
Pfft.. Ronado. What does he have that Peter Crouch doesn't :D
Maybe Ronado dosen't have what Crouch has...but I don't know a Ronado. The only thing that Crouch has on Cristiano Ronaldo is height. Ronaldo is probably better at eveything else...except maybe the robot dance that Crouch performed when he scored against Jamaica....Ronaldo dosen't have that kind of skill.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
Maybe Ronado dosen't have what Crouch has...but I don't know a Ronado. The only thing that Crouch has on Cristiano Ronaldo is height. Ronaldo is probably better at eveything else...except maybe the robot dance that Crouch performed when he scored against Jamaica....Ronaldo dosen't have that kind of skill.
Haha Matty you still love Ronaldo that much...? Or is it just a Portuguese thing...? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)