The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Looks like it'll be another tough season for Harry. Rafa just got himself two left-sided players, Gonzalez a winger, and Aurelio a wing-back. 6 weeks on the sideline will give them enough time to establish themselves ahead of Kewell. :(

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Well I think that he only misses one premiership game, so if he gets some time off the bench and does a few good things he should be back (hopefully)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Paragon said:
Exit.

And after Portugal's 3-1 defeat to host Germany in today's (AEST) third-place play-off, Ronaldo spoke for the first time about his future.

"I think I should get out of Manchester," he said.

"The circumstances are not right to keep playing in Manchester.

"In two or three days I will decide where to go. I always said I wanted to play in Spain.

Looks like he's is going afterall. Should be interesting to see what Fergie reckons of the whole idea. And whilst Capello isn't saying 'yes', he's hardly saying 'no' either.
Worryingly neither Fergie or Man Utd have come out and dispatched all the rumours surrounding Ronaldo. He says no one stood up for him in Manchester after coppin all the criticism from the English. Maybe that's just an excuse but there was no defence in his case so I'm not surprised either.

Should Ronaldo leave, Simao would be the likely replacement given that he has been granted to leave Benfica. Rumours about Ruud have died down and I expect him to stay should Ronaldo leave too.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
I think the Ruud thing seems to be sorted out now. Fergie did say about a week ago that he 'fully expects Ruud to report for pre-season training'. So I guess that may be a favourable indication.

Also, Guiseppe Rossi extended his contract by another 2 yrs., and they're planning to give him more 1st team runs as opposed to loaning him out.

- L1n -

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Worryingly neither Fergie or Man Utd have come out and dispatched all the rumours surrounding Ronaldo. He says no one stood up for him in Manchester after coppin all the criticism from the English. Maybe that's just an excuse but there was no defence in his case so I'm not surprised either.

Should Ronaldo leave, Simao would be the likely replacement given that he has been granted to leave Benfica. Rumours about Ruud have died down and I expect him to stay should Ronaldo leave too.

If he leaves he will be seen as a traitor, full stop, damn arrogant bastard has no respect for his team, whats their to defend if they was anything to defend Fergie would do so, since he did'nt stick up for him it's obvious that there was nothing to stick up for. lol if Juvebtus goes down, Man UTD should get Ibrahimovic, Emerson, Buffon ( i wish, i can imagine him and van der sar gunning for number 1), zambrotta would be nice, lol Vieira, lol imagine the gunner fans seeing Vieira in RED.

- L1n -

HSC
Paragon said:
I think the Ruud thing seems to be sorted out now. Fergie did say about a week ago that he 'fully expects Ruud to report for pre-season training'. So I guess that may be a favourable indication.

Also, Guiseppe Rossi extended his contract by another 2 yrs., and they're planning to give him more 1st team runs as opposed to loaning him out.
Why would Fergie let Ruud go, he would be a idiot if he did. As good as Saha is theres no way i rate him over Ruud.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
anone interested in fantasy premier league again? the season has started!

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
anyone seen the new FIFA rankings?? We are now 33rd up 9 places!!

ltaly are no.2 and USA (sucked in Brucey) are 16th

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Umm should we changeover to 06/07 now?
EDIT: And the Elo ratings has just as many flaws as the FIFA rankings, as it takes goal differences and continually adds on, no matter how many goals scored. Remember when Australia beat American Samoa by 31 goals? I'm surprised we're not higher

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)