The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Yeah and he failed miserably. I guess if he's free...
But there's no way he can fill Bellamy's shoes.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Ramon Calderon is elected as Real Madrid president, and Capello looks to be headin there now. He promised Robben, Kaka and Fabregas, hopefully Ronaldo don't get on that list any time soon.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If anyone's gonna entice Fabregas back to Spain it'll be Barca, and I don't think Wenger'd sell in any case.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Good news it should be for United, I don't think Ronaldo is the type of player that fits into Capello's plans.

- L1n -

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Good news it should be for United, I don't think Ronaldo is the type of player that fits into Capello's plans.

United dosen't need a traitor, this world cup turned me against Ronaldo, all the respect before just went out the window. Ronaldo is gonna get eaten alive by Rooney the moment he steps foot back in Manchester (if he goes back). lol.

Capello shpuld be taking fergies spot once he leaves, i know his saving up for Keane, but keane is a huge risk, no proven talent.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
- L1n - said:
United dosen't need a traitor, this world cup turned me against Ronaldo, all the respect before just went out the window. Ronaldo is gonna get eaten alive by Rooney the moment he steps foot back in Manchester (if he goes back). lol.

Capello shpuld be taking fergies spot once he leaves, i know his saving up for Keane, but keane is a huge risk, no proven talent.
England always needs a scapegoat, and it's Ronaldo who becomes that goat this time around for their own failure. Once the air clears up Rooney and Ronaldo will take United to new heights.

Capello plays too defensively, somethin United despise. The fans want entertainin attackin football, if you remember the team was booed when we played the 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 formation.

- L1n -

HSC
LMF^^ said:
England always needs a scapegoat, and it's Ronaldo who becomes that goat this time around for their own failure. Once the air clears up Rooney and Ronaldo will take United to new heights.

Capello plays too defensively, somethin United despise. The fans want entertainin attackin football, if you remember the team was booed when we played the 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 formation.
I think it was more the fact he said he wanted to go Real and expects immediate transfer that really ticked me off, but the pt is Ronaldo was the culprit in this situation, was it really that necessary to provoke Rooney anymore by fully backstabbing your team mate? I knwo they represent 2 different countries and in a competitive match, but i thought playing alongside someone for what 2 yrs now actually meant something. He did'nt have to provoke the incident even more.

And i would rather David beckham over Ronaldo anyday, becks fits in when u have someone like Van nistelrooy. And pinpoint accuracy passing > useless reptitve side steps when the ball dosen't even move.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
But Ronaldo showed how good he really is at this World Cup, he outshone almost, if not every member of the United squad participatin in the tournament. We'll only suffer as a result of his possible departure to Madrid as he'll become one hell of a good player.

Beckham might be greater than Ronaldo amongst United fans atm, but the way Ronaldo is progressin it wouldn't take long for him to become a true United great. I don't wanna just stick up for him, but it's only in United's best interest that he is to stay at Old Trafford. I'm sure Rooney wouldn't take too much from that either, only the British tabloids are makin a big fuss out of the incident.

- L1n -

HSC
LMF^^ said:
But Ronaldo showed how good he really is at this World Cup, he outshone almost, if not every member of the United squad participatin in the tournament. We'll only suffer as a result of his possible departure to Madrid as he'll become one hell of a good player.

Beckham might be greater than Ronaldo amongst United fans atm, but the way Ronaldo is progressin it wouldn't take long for him to become a true United great. I don't wanna just stick up for him, but it's only in United's best interest that he is to stay at Old Trafford. I'm sure Rooney wouldn't take too much from that either, only the British tabloids are makin a big fuss out of the incident.
I actually read the Ronney gonna kill Ronaldo article off Sydney morning herald, it was pretty funny though. Just seeing Rooney gets pissed of makes u laugh.

^___^
HSC
Paragon said:
I guess that means there is in fact a great chance that the relegations will go ahead afterall.
if they do go down, boy will we see some bargain shopping this holiday

emerson to man united

plzkthxbai

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Here is an interesting article about English football talent.

http://wc2006.telegraph.co.uk/Document.aspx?id=0C43677D-4F73-40EB-BA8F-A385F05F5F9D

Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard are very good players but they are not world class. They are able to play well in the Premiership because they are surrounded by top-quality foreign players who are technically and tactically superior to their English counterparts.

In the last 20 years we have produced only two players who are technically good enough to be among the world's best, Paul Gascoigne and Wayne Rooney. Unfortunately, both have flaws in their character and temperament, just as George Best did.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Exit.

And after Portugal's 3-1 defeat to host Germany in today's (AEST) third-place play-off, Ronaldo spoke for the first time about his future.

"I think I should get out of Manchester," he said.

"The circumstances are not right to keep playing in Manchester.

"In two or three days I will decide where to go. I always said I wanted to play in Spain.

Looks like he's is going afterall. Should be interesting to see what Fergie reckons of the whole idea. And whilst Capello isn't saying 'yes', he's hardly saying 'no' either.

Last edited:

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Fresh Challenge.

Sol Campbell has left Arsenal in search of a 'fresh challenge'.

Campbell said: 'After much consideration, I have taken the decision to leave Arsenal.'

He said: 'I have spent five fantastic, trophy-filled seasons at the club, with many truly memorable moments, including winning the Premiership title in 2004 by remaining unbeaten for the entire campaign.

'So, it is with a sense of pride, achievement and the desire for a fresh challenge that I depart. Playing abroad is something that would really interest me but at the moment I am keeping all of my options open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)