The Official Hip-Hop/R&B Thread 2007 (1 Viewer)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
That's fucked up, hadn't heard.
Broken video is Broken though.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
yeah the supports are..

def wish cast
foreign heights
j-red

i posted in the nas live thread all the upcoming concerts, supports, prices and venues to what is known at the moment.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
sickone said:
fuk yeh, just bought my nas ticket. But dont know who the support acts are. Any 1 know?

Plus check out the tongue's SHOCK AND AWE, one of the dopest aussie releases i've ever heard
I'm yet to hear this, i've heard from others its very dope, i seen a youtube vid of it in production and sounded awesome from what i saw.

billstery

HSC
Kind of sad that hip-hop and R+B are almost intertwined into a single genre.

It's also sad that we live in an age where clowns like T.I. and Lil Wayne are voted the greatest rappers alive... Shows how fucking atrocious the rest of the mainstream is.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Well it is sad. but tip and wayne ARE good rappers so shutup.

Just like the underground accuse the mainstream of 'being close minded' alot of underground hip hop fans are even more close minded, everything that goes mainstream is 'shit'

tip and wayne, for their context, are the 2 best non-legendary mainstream rappers today.

tip > wayne.

actually i would argue that many out there in the mainstream are better than lil wayne, like bun-b. but he is already solidified as a legend so yep.

lupe fiasco is better than lil wayne, though wayne makes more entertaining songs.

billstery

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
Well it is sad. but tip and wayne ARE good rappers so shutup.

Just like the underground accuse the mainstream of 'being close minded' alot of underground hip hop fans are even more close minded, everything that goes mainstream is 'shit'

tip and wayne, for their context, are the 2 best non-legendary mainstream rappers today.

tip > wayne.

actually i would argue that many out there in the mainstream are better than lil wayne, like bun-b. but he is already solidified as a legend so yep.

lupe fiasco is better than lil wayne, though wayne makes more entertaining songs.
They aren't really such good rappers. I imagine if this were the age of hip-hop, they'd be nowhere. They're mediocre as far as I'm concerned...

I'm not a hardcore underground follower... but most of the mainstream IS shit. Just look how easy it is to make a number one song, you just have to invent some dumbass dance and put a beat to it while reciting random words (I give you souljah boy).

I really don't care whether TI is better than Wayne either, and even if he is... looks like he aint gonna see daylight for a while anyway. I don't know if thats a good thing or not.

Oh, and Lupe fiasco is better than both.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
tip is likely to get house arrest now, so it's as good as it can get.

What rappers do is take their context and convey it with lyrics, they paint a vivid picture with their rhymes. They get a message across, the message is not a fucking issue, it is STILL HIP HOP.

T.I, for example, is superb at doing this, doin my job, long live da game, T.I VS T.I.P (the track), still aint forgave myself, praying for help, goodlife w/common, my life, respect this hustle, my type, help is coming. Dude is nice as fuck.

yeh soulja boy can go supersoak as many ho's as he wants and wear all the bathing ape he wants, im not a fan. but T.I and wayne ARE good rappers, damn good rappers, and you've got legends cosigning both as well.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
billstery said:

It's also sad that we live in an age where clowns like T.I. and Lil Wayne are voted the greatest rappers alive... Shows how fucking atrocious the rest of the mainstream is.
it sure is...TIP and wayne are not bad rappers...but no where near the greatest and so called "rnb" is just black pop...

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
T.I was released on bond, 3 million fucking dollars!

with VERY strict house arrest rules though, and if any threats or anything are made against the bodyguard who snitched on him they are gonna arrest T.I and he might get additional charges, he is also not allowed to consume any alcohol wtf :confused:

the judge is stupid.

its not like he used the guns.

chemicalex

HSC
billstery said:

well T.I has to be the best rapper in the south besides luda
other than that tips heeps ill
u cant say wayne and tip are the great, although many assume that but naa they no where close
but watch, in few months time some will consider souljah boy the greatest :rofl:

billstery

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
tip is likely to get house arrest now, so it's as good as it can get.

What rappers do is take their context and convey it with lyrics, they paint a vivid picture with their rhymes. They get a message across, the message is not a fucking issue, it is STILL HIP HOP.

T.I, for example, is superb at doing this, doin my job, long live da game, T.I VS T.I.P (the track), still aint forgave myself, praying for help, goodlife w/common, my life, respect this hustle, my type, help is coming. Dude is nice as fuck.

yeh soulja boy can go supersoak as many ho's as he wants and wear all the bathing ape he wants, im not a fan. but T.I and wayne ARE good rappers, damn good rappers, and you've got legends cosigning both as well.
It disgusts me that someone can get out of jail more easily than another person because they make mediocre music for a living.

The only reason you have legends cosigning to that is because they want to be accepted in the mainstream themselves, on the most part. They aren't damn good at all, they're just decent. They're above the current level of mainstream, not hard to achieve, but it makes em look good.

Do you HONESTLY, bias aside, think that they would be looked upon as "highly skilled" rappers when people like Nas, Jay-z etc. were at their prime? They'd be fucking nowhere.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
wtf is with the stupid soulja boy shit.

i spent about half an hour looking at all the imitations that people have on youtube

chemicalex

HSC
ohhh where do i get tickets from???????
if u guys going well meet up or something cuz i reallllllllly wana go

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)