The Socceroos!!!!! (1 Viewer)

^___^
HSC
lol

i dun think they will play in australia for a long time...
hmm...next opponent..still dunno yet..

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
common they can beat the wolves....:p

haha nah the aussies are alright... they are alot better than what their 75th world rank suggest

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
The Socceroo's will never be a good team while they have 2nd rate players like Lazaridis and Skoko playing in the starting team.

Okon is actually not a bad player, he used to be at Lazio.. but his career has self-destructed and now he's in the Serie B with Vicenza. He should at least be with a team like Chievo in Italys top division if he's to continue to be captain.

Bresciano, IMO, is the best Australian player. If you've ever seen him play for Parma you'd agree. He's slightly better than Kewell, who is still a great player. Viduka is a good forward, he even could have gone to Inter in the mercato (not that there a good team, but they're certainly a giant step up from Leeds). Grella is also a great youngster at Empoli, should be a first-teamer for the Socceroos

If they got rid of Farina, Played Kewell as a playmaker behind Viduka or Viduka/Aloisi, and had a midfield with Emerton-Bresciano-Okon-Grella i think they would be a great team, certainly better than they are now.. Skoko and Lazaridis are just rubbish players, i don't know why Farina insists on playing them.. even Ned Zelic is better than both of the combined!

oh, and Zjelko Kalac and Mark Schwarzer are excellent keepers too.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Definitely Kalac, just look at ... 'boro!

I personally think Farina should try more non EPL players... I mean Aloisi definitely deserves to start.

Lazaridis is quite good as a Left Winger, but nowhere in the category of a Kewell.

Even if Kewell is placed in the hole, he'll drop back into MF and help out with defense, so they might as well give him a free role in MF, which means they need 3 MF workhorses.

I think Socceroos are most vulnerable in defense... because they have quality in MF and attacking.

Actually depth would be problem.

HSC
bresciano better than kewell? man get outta here.
Lucas Neill is pretty good i reckon and Lazaridis aint that bad man.
Okon needs to retire, same with Vidmar.

They need more talented youth...soccer australia man ARGH!!#$@#$#$@#...some of these players have been on the team before we were born damnit.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
And they'll still be there, if they don't fix up soccer here. :p

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by snobby airlines
bresciano better than kewell? man get outta here.
Lucas Neill is pretty good i reckon and Lazaridis aint that bad man.
Okon needs to retire, same with Vidmar.

They need more talented youth...soccer australia man ARGH!!#$@#$#$@#...some of these players have been on the team before we were born damnit.
At the moment, Bresciano is playing better than Kewell. On his best form (like Leeds late last season) he is undoubtedly the best, but at the moment, Bresciano is on hot form for Parma, basically won the match against Lazio himself, one of the goals an absolute beauty..

Yeah i agree we need more youth, its the former socceraustralia's fault, they did nothing to structure the system better so more kids would be playing.. they should take a look at making a national league that for once ISN'T an embarrassment, then more kids will want play football (because they actually want to make it to the national league, and then maybe europe), and then you have more chance of finding the next Harry Kewell, and more of them.

European clubs sending scouts/establishing academies would be a good thing too. I know Milan have established one in Venezuela and already found 2 sensations who have the potential to make it in the bigtime. And then of course the Ajax academies in the Netherlands and South Africa (young-stars such as Steven Pienaar have evolved because of that one). Australia needs one of them, maybe Chelsea could start one.. they're not exactly 'short' of cash...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Establishing Academies would do wonders... or even just a Youth System. (Man Utd and already mentioned Ajax... and even Real Madrid - Pavon (CB) and keeper Cassilas.)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Ah, European clubs have established links with Australian clubs, the most notable being Glasgow Rangers with the Spirit (which was, thankfully, a failure). Manchester United have (or at least had) a link with a state league club from Parramatta, too.

We need more kids playing football? Have you even looked at the figures?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm, i seriously doubt that at the moment bresciano is better than kewell. what are you basing this on anyway, a few match highlights on the world game show? they both play different styles of football, but kewell has the killer instinct flair and ball skill.

theres plenty of kids playing football at the moment but i dont think many of them would want to pursue a career in at as much as kids in europe would. There just isnt enough money in it.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Being an Serie A fan.. yeah im biased in saying IMO Bresciano is playing better than Kewell, but if you saw him against Lazio you'd really see his quality, and he's at a great team (Parma) where he has established himself as an important first team player. He'll probably come down from his peak soon and then Kewell will be undoubtedly #1, but seriously Marco is playing REALLY well at the moment.

Bresciano has the potential to be Australia's best player, but thats just my opinion..

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by snobby airlines
no. we need more kids to be noticed. ie to make it big.

Soccer Australia is fucked atm...
look at NSL..man teams are pulling out and they are considering to have their next season off

ricenoodles

HSC
Originally posted by reynaldo
Being an Serie A fan.. yeah im biased in saying IMO Bresciano is playing better than Kewell, but if you saw him against Lazio you'd really see his quality, and he's at a great team (Parma) where he has established himself as an important first team player. He'll probably come down from his peak soon and then Kewell will be undoubtedly #1, but seriously Marco is playing REALLY well at the moment.

Bresciano has the potential to be Australia's best player, but thats just my opinion..

i agree with you on this one...bresciano is playing brilliantly atm.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
The reason the NSL might have a season is to give everyone time to plan for the decent future league.

As for Bresciano... his goals against Lazio... and Australia were entertainin'. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)