The Thread for ALL FIRST YEAR QUESTIONS. (2 Viewers)

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Ahhh, i only had 2 textbooks for all of first year.

I already have 4 for second year. :(
I've regretted purchasing at least half of the textbooks I have so far.
Lecture notes most of the time, if not always, provides the core content of the courses.

The only time a textbook is useful for other than reference is if assignments (lol Mechanics and Linguistics) require questions to be completed from the textbook.

But HOLY SHIT who purchased Advanced Engineering Mathematics for MATH2019 I want to see.

how do i shot web?
Press B

or

Last edited:

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
I've regretted purchasing at least half of the textbooks I have so far.
Lecture notes most of the time, if not always, provides the core content of the courses.

The only time a textbook is useful for other than reference is if assignments (lol Mechanics and Linguistics) require questions to be completed from the textbook.

But HOLY SHIT who purchased Advanced Engineering Mathematics for MATH2019 I want to see.
lol.

I regretted buying the Math textbook, it's so useless, course notes are pretty awesome for math.

Lecture notes for physics though were very crap, i found a textbook essential for it.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
lol.

I regretted buying the Math textbook, it's so useless, course notes are pretty awesome for math.

Lecture notes for physics though were very crap, i found a textbook essential for it.
Even though the online version of the maths textbook (Calculus One and Several Variables) which is valid for 1 year and is a third of the price of the hard copy textbook it still wasn't worth it.
Did I mention it came with that WileyPLUS addon?
I only used it once.

As for Physics,
Joe's notes (Mechanics for Weeks 1 to 6) are like a HSC student's mess and yes the textbook would be better.
However Michael's notes (Thermal Physics & Waves for Weeks 7 to 12) were like goddamn summaries of relevant topics in the textbook.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
As for Physics,
Joe's notes (Mechanics for Weeks 1 to 6) are like a HSC student's mess and yes the textbook would be better.
However Michael's notes (Thermal Physics & Waves for Weeks 7 to 12) were like goddamn summaries of relevant topics in the textbook.
Yeah thats why i didnt go to lectures, his notes were very good and he would just read off the slides :)

HSC
Only managed to get to the top floor of Chemical Science Building, view still pretty decent

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
what jago said about behind the library and then up where the old law faculty was...well that would be the best view. you can see the top of the chemical sciences building :D LOL

xtinctdodo

HSC
so where exactly is this "room 2008", where all the workshops are?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
never heard of it. What context are you speaking from?

joshdavid

HSC
where is the science theatre and where the bloody hell is room G022 in the quad??

(cant find the latter on a map)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
so where exactly is this "room 2008", where all the workshops are?
Go to the quad grassy area (where the sunclock is), go up the stairs, (the 1000 stair staircase that leads up to the other end of campus ending up near CLB and bluestone cafe), but instead of going all the way up, stop at i think the second landing and turn right, and enter the building, there will be a 'Contact centre' kinda thing there, and room 2008 is nearby.

where is the science theatre and where the bloody hell is room G022 in the quad??

(cant find the latter on a map)
G022 should be in that quad grass area, its definately ground floor, i think if u go up the stairs which are to the left of the quad court, ending up with the arc store to your right and Comp Now to your left, keep going straight, and you will see some rooms to your right. My guess is that one of those rooms is G022, i think i had a MATS1101 tute in room G025, which was in that area.

ravengirl

HSC
q: if my timetable says 'HUT D10 room G03' would D10 be like the grid reference ??

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
q: if my timetable says 'HUT D10 room G03' would D10 be like the grid reference ??
haha sucks 2 be you, those rooms are terrible.

and yes, D10 is the map reference

Last edited:

xtinctdodo

HSC
Go to the quad grassy area (where the sunclock is), go up the stairs, (the 1000 stair staircase that leads up to the other end of campus ending up near CLB and bluestone cafe), but instead of going all the way up, stop at i think the second landing and turn right, and enter the building, there will be a 'Contact centre' kinda thing there, and room 2008 is nearby.

Holy crappola! Sounds like quite a trek :jaw:

HSC
yep. I'm in that room too, it pretty much looks like a woefully underfunded greater western sydney public school classroom

HSC

G022 should be in that quad grass area, its definately ground floor, i think if u go up the stairs which are to the left of the quad court, ending up with the arc store to your right and Comp Now to your left, keep going straight, and you will see some rooms to your right. My guess is that one of those rooms is G022, i think i had a MATS1101 tute in room G025, which was in that area.
Anything else you forgot to mention? Like wild wolves in the area, trapdoor locations etc.

ravengirl

HSC
yep. I'm in that room too, it pretty much looks like a woefully underfunded greater western sydney public school classroom
haha well i should fit right in then seeing as i am from the greater western sydney area lol .. i think il just shun myself for that one.

oh & thanks to all who answered my q :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)