The Thread for ALL FIRST YEAR QUESTIONS. (1 Viewer)

LordPc

HSC
where is "Chemical Sc M18 (ex Applied Sc"

and how do i find rooms in the red centre? ive got tutes at Red Centre East 2060 and 2063, (was hard enough to find the first year office)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
You're doing discrete maths in chem science...i need to find that place too, obviously its in the chemical science building.

red centre is easy, 2060 is on level 2, go up the stairs next to the elevator and turn right. Along the way you'll find the rooms you're looking for.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
You're doing discrete maths in chem science...i need to find that place too, obviously its in the chemical science building.

red centre is easy, 2060 is on level 2, go up the stairs next to the elevator and turn right. Along the way you'll find the rooms you're looking for.
Ok, Imagine you catch the 393.

As you walk out of the bus, you go on the main walkway.

Keep walking till you reach the Chem Sciences building.

Turn into Chemical Sciences (First main entrance) and walk straight to the stairs and walk up them.

Keep walking untill you exit the chemical sciences building. 10 metres after you exit the chemical sciences building, on your IMMEDIATE right is M18

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
im almost certain its the one that you exit and its facing the material sciences car park.

karoooh

HSC
Same, but for French, and it was there a couple of weeks or so ago.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
all my classes for elearning have shown up:
PSYC2001
PSYC2061
MATH1081

Knightingal

HSC
where is the law theatre G04? is it located at f8 on the map??

Last edited:

LordPc

HSC
i just had a look at the notes for MATH1081, 28 pages.

i was thinking of printing lecture pages per A4 pages, back and front which will get the lecture notes down to a nice 7 pages.

any non-1st years have some wisdom to share on printing out lecture notes? any flaws in my plan?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
On my elearning only 2 outta my 4 subjects are there...and uni starts tmw, I thought they all need to be there b4 class starts?.
Check if its hidden for some reason, on ur main elearning page, under course/module list, click on the little pencil in the grey square to see if anything is hidden.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
my lectuerer put his notes as 2 pages per paper, printing it back to back on one paper cuts it down massively.

deadfishlol

HSC
N/A

i was thinking of printing lecture pages per A4 pages, back and front which will get the lecture notes down to a nice 7 pages.

any non-1st years have some wisdom to share on printing out lecture notes? any flaws in my plan?
If you can figure out how to print them so they're in a sensible order when you staple them it'll be fine

Sometimes I printed 6-8 lecture slides per one side of an A4 paper and it was still legible because of how big the font was. Haven't found any notes so far that really required me to keep it at one page per slide.

HSC
Check if its hidden for some reason, on ur main elearning page, under course/module list, click on the little pencil in the grey square to see if anything is hidden.
nop, nothing's hidden. Halp?

erm

HSC

one word: duplex

Uncle

Banned
HSC

Do you know how to print 'Multiple pages per sheet'?
I did that a lot with maths back in MATH1131 and MATH1231.
It really depends on the font size, the limit before your eye strains and your print quota.
It is not recommended for small graphs.
Back to front is a pretty cool idea though.

webct/vista e-learning
For all courses except those from CSE.

fozzster22

HSC
where is biomedical theatre C? can't see it on the campus map :/

is it E27?

SpoonSamba

HSC
Whats elearning?

and what do i do if i lost my unipass?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
nop, nothing's hidden. Halp?
wait till uni starts (one day, omg!!) then ur lecturer should tell u the reason why its not up, or will put it up.

where is biomedical theatre C? can't see it on the campus map :/

is it E27?
biomed building, behind matthews food court, yes it is E27, go inside and look around, theatre C is there somewhere, follow the signs.

Whats elearning?

and what do i do if i lost my unipass?
vista.elearning.unsw.edu.au

IT at UNSW - UniPass
i googled 'unsw lost unipass'

seriously guys, google is your friend.:hippie:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)