The Thread for ALL FIRST YEAR QUESTIONS. (1 Viewer)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
you could've always dictionary.com'd that word

Uncle

Banned
HSC
speaking of friends, i needa get myself some
Yea nothings hidden for me, guess I better wait.

Also Omie_Jay is right, its VERY easy to make friends at Uni, especially the ones in your tuts...most likely the people you talk to in the first couple o lessons will become your friends throughout the semester. Just be friendly, nice, maybe suggest studying together. At my first week of uni I made many mates, and it does help when it comes to studying (swapping notes etc).
Comrade hunt!
*sigh*, since I transferred, almost no old close comrades are in any of my classes.

quad court with friends, mathews foodcourt with friends, library with studdie buddies, maccas with friend, lie down on the grass in the sun like a hippy, lie down on the grass in the sun with your laptop on like a hippy who doesnt care if they get ants in their laptop, ...

edit: oh yea bar, and how can i forget: UNIGAMES!!! DAYTONA!!!

but i cannot fucking believe, at my cousins college in denmark, they got a wii and an xbox360, lucky bastards..
Oh yea I forget there was Daytona at the Roundhouse but I was skeptical about the condition of the machines, I hate it when the steering wheel acts up when I play with friends outside uni but somehow most of the time I come 1st.

cheers.
heard rumours that Chuck Norris has been seen at the roundhouse, is this a myth
Since MATS1101, Omie Jay, I and countless others have shared Chuck Norris jokes across the Vista eLearning discussion boards.
We will continue this trend to liven up discussions.
Salute to the comrades!

is it faggy to bring a laptop to uni
Yes if we are behind you and you are watching one piece (Most queer anime ever) or naruto (See Narutard) or play stupid flash games like little kids.
For the sake of others try not to eat in lectures, you should especially not eat if it contains a strong odour like curry.

prod1gy

HSC
are tutorials on this week for math1151, econ1101, fins1612 and acct1501?

u-borat

Banned
HSC
oi unsw kiddies
how much does it cost for non-unsw kiddies
to go the function thing at ur bar on thursday night?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
My sis says that you get it by 16th of april straight to ur bank account, you should notice an increase of balance of $4000, you shouldve got a letter in the mail to explain this, if money not there, theres some number u call.

LordPc

HSC
ive got a discrete maths tute in the old main building, 145A.

so im assuming this is level 1, room 45A? any helpful advice on how to get here?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
lol omb..you're guess should be right. But try and stake it out early. People get lost in the old main building.

Mandyy14

HSC
ive got a discrete maths tute in the old main building, 145A.

so im assuming this is level 1, room 45A? any helpful advice on how to get here?
I was in there today for a MATH1131 tute. Took me awhile to find it. Do you know where the bridge between Red Centre and Old Main is, closest to the Mech Eng building? There are stairs in the Red Centre building right near this bridge. If you go up these stairs, and across the bridge, it is the first room in this corridor. I think this is the quickest way to the room.

nzu5300

HSC
Can anyone tell me where Goldstein G07 is? I've got a tute there and i cant find it on the map. All I can find is the Goldstein College, where people live.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Can anyone tell me where Goldstein G07 is? I've got a tute there and i cant find it on the map. All I can find is the Goldstein College, where people live.
Yes this is confusing.

Ok you know those MASSIVE steps near the Quadrangle ?

Imagine yourself right in front of these stairs.

Now turn the other way (so the big stairs are facing your back) and walk for around 15 metres and directly to your right there is a large building with a car park ( i think) near it. Thats the Goldstein building

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Is there a way to convince your tutor to change rooms? I got my FINS tutorial in the chemical science buildings. It smells pretty bad but the main thing is there is some sort of machine (assuming A/C) running next door and the noise just comes through the walls and reflect througout the room and you could hardly hear what he is saying.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Is there a way to convince your tutor to change rooms? I got my FINS tutorial in the chemical science buildings. It smells pretty bad but the main thing is there is some sort of machine (assuming A/C) running next door and the noise just comes through the walls and reflect througout the room and you could hardly hear what he is saying.
If your tutor is a lecturer then yes you might be able to convince him (even then a very low chance)

If he isn't a lecturer then NO chance.

LordPc

HSC
I was in there today for a MATH1131 tute. Took me awhile to find it. Do you know where the bridge between Red Centre and Old Main is, closest to the Mech Eng building? There are stairs in the Red Centre building right near this bridge. If you go up these stairs, and across the bridge, it is the first room in this corridor. I think this is the quickest way to the room.
tyvm, found the room very quickly.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
If your tutor is a lecturer then yes you might be able to convince him (even then a very low chance)

If he isn't a lecturer then NO chance.
not true.

Back in my first year days, my Micro tutor changed rooms for us because then, it was extremely hot and there wasn't any fans in there / had bad ventilation. So our tutor talked to someone and then we ended up having a room change down into Goldstein which was an improvement.

He was an awesome Tutor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)