• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (6 Viewers)

Harry778

HSC
Back from literal hell. lol..nah it was ok..just heaps busy! Didnt really see mum at all today which was good. She served for a bit and did some shit at the service desk, there was a line up at express and she goes "HARRISON, BRING PEOPLE AROUND" (cos I was on smoke shop) hahaha oops. I was like sorry...betch!

Tomrrow S/vision 11-8. Should be interesting. They told me that I wasnt allowed to do s/vision while my mum was SSM??

DM Mike

HSC
is there anyone on here from SA?? - how did the banning of bags go initially and how is it going now??
Worked reasonabely well here, it wasnt a sudden switch, there was months of switchover, stores started running with 'bag free' lanes early on, B&M put the green bags on special with frontend tieup, by the time it rolled around there wernt many people that were caught out totally, and push comes to shove most people will just spend 15c on the plastic bag...

The government sent out countertop displays to all businesses, large and small and ran tv ads about it, The SDA and smiliar unions also had a campaign basically saying "Its not their fault" and to remind everyone that staff can refuse dirty bags, so most customers are pretty good...

Townie, how do you get IP? It would be amazingly useful for me but thought you have to be designated as SM, STM or SSM in Host? Given were a 2 tier store ive been sorely tempted to send of the Eform to change my role to STM and see if it works...

bdude

HSC
Worked reasonabely well here, it wasnt a sudden switch, there was months of switchover, stores started running with 'bag free' lanes early on, B&M put the green bags on special with frontend tieup, by the time it rolled around there wernt many people that were caught out totally, and push comes to shove most people will just spend 15c on the plastic bag...
Do Woollies in SA sell 'plastic' bags (ones that are made of thicker plastic) or just the 'green' bags? I actually like the bags that Coles brought out because of the SA change

DM Mike

HSC
Yup. 15c, their made out of thicker plastic, similar to showbags from the annual show. There are others aswell, but those and the 99c green bags are the most popular...

bensneddon

HSC
Townie, how do you get IP? It would be amazingly useful for me but thought you have to be designated as SM, STM or SSM in Host? Given were a 2 tier store ive been sorely tempted to send of the Eform to change my role to STM and see if it works...
Office Cashiers have access to IP as well.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Thanks for that DM Mike, glad to hear the change went well (although knowing the WA Government it probably won't be as smooth here, if it happens at all! LOL)

for the sake of the environment I hope the ban happens, it's gonna happen eventually so we may as well positively embrace it when it does. No doubt it will be a pain for operators, and I'm sure we'll cop some abuse from silly customers. But at the end of the day its a very important step, it will shake things up a bit, and make the day more interesting for a while (LOL I said the same thing before the WoWPOS SCO conversion) hahahaha

jirwin

HSC
Our coles has one of those things. It is big, and ugly. Takes up about half of their service desk.

Also, apparently (so a coles checkout operator told me) that if you don't stick the pickup slip in with the pickup (clearance or whatever yous call it) that armaguard keep the money??

This dude told me that since they dont actually have a cash office (well, manned cash office) that armaguard will keep the money. I found this ridiculous and hard to believe but he insisted
I haven't heard that exactly. I've forgotten to put slips in clearance bags before and it wasn't a big deal so I highly doubt that. I do know that for every plastic cyclinder (that the notes come in) that is not returned to Armaguard, Coles is charged $10.

bdude

HSC
Our coles has one of those things. It is big, and ugly. Takes up about half of their service desk.

Also, apparently (so a coles checkout operator told me) that if you don't stick the pickup slip in with the pickup (clearance or whatever yous call it) that armaguard keep the money??

This dude told me that since they dont actually have a cash office (well, manned cash office) that armaguard will keep the money. I found this ridiculous and hard to believe but he insisted
I don't think so, I think the clearances just go to the safe in the office. After that, I don't know what happens to them.

I haven't heard that exactly. I've forgotten to put slips in clearance bags before and it wasn't a big deal so I highly doubt that. I do know that for every plastic cyclinder (that the notes come in) that is not returned to Armaguard, Coles is charged $10.
Really? They are worth maybe 1/10th of that ($1) they're pretty much like an M&M Minis container.

Ya huh. I'm the state manager for Tank Security - But don't call me if there's any problems, please!!
Probably won't need to, the Changemaster's probably one of the most reliable machines in the store. I think it's only broken twice since I've worked there, the other times it's just ran out of money.

jirwin

HSC
Really? They are worth maybe 1/10th of that ($1) they're pretty much like an M&M Minis container.
That's what my 2IC told me. They take the notes straight out and put the container in the little hole so we shouldn't have many going missing.

I don't exactly like working Mondays - particularly morning, cos the changemaster is mostly empty! or at least in my experience it has.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
And also in conjunction with your question;

Are the only people who get accounts, supervisors? I'm not a supervisor but would like one since I write stuff off/need force signoff/etc etc
Hmm.
You will get office access when you need it. Unauthorized access/use of a computer or any systems can be a disciplinary offense. Same with using Supervisor numbers if you are not a supervisor (Regardless of whether or not a Supervisor gives them to you, you as the one who uses them are subject to disciplinary action)
I've used my department manager, 2IC & SM's numbers (for the gun, back office & stock management) 920183098 times, lol. And the SM's numbers for checkouts too :p

Anyone know strict they are, on using other peoples back office numbers
(with their permission)?
They CAN discipline you for it, even if you have the permission, as it is still against company policy. They're probably only likely to do this if they're trying to make a point I guess :p

I was told by the office cashier at work today to tell the staff in my department that if they're caught 2+ shifts/week or so not signing either on or off, they will be counselled by the SM. Anyone else heard anything like this???

Also, I finally got numbers for Stock Management/Back Office/RF units today, manager numbers yay :p and I went to my first ever manager's meeting today... fairly lame :p Had fun running the department, apart from staying back to get everything done lol.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
dont be so rude an arrogant NC8000 people like you (and LQR7) think your better than us store workers, just because your at norwest, your no better than the same know it alls in stores who think they're better just because they're higher up.

i dont pretend to know everything, and i dont always get it right, but i try pass on information as i've been taught in answer to a question. I dont barge in here and just correct the mistakes of others, i actually help people, you could have been helpful and nicer, and actually pass on your knowledge to others, instead of just being rude and blunt like you who is more interested in correcting a mistake than teaching others.

Treefeet

HSC
I got that truck too.. was waiting for the big one to come down in price.. but someone must have bought it. It was $30.00 tho. Bit pricely on my end for a truck like that. Even tho it is Woolworths :p

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I got that truck too.. was waiting for the big one to come down in price.. but someone must have bought it. It was $30.00 tho. Bit pricely on my end for a truck like that. Even tho it is Woolworths :p
Best Xmas present of the year's haul :p

bdude

HSC
That's what my 2IC told me. They take the notes straight out and put the container in the little hole so we shouldn't have many going missing.

I don't exactly like working Mondays - particularly morning, cos the changemaster is mostly empty! or at least in my experience it has.
I don't like doing Monday mornings (I only do them sometimes during school holidays) because of the pissy float we get. One of the good morning supervisors will check before the first morning people go on and do a negative clearance $200 in 50's and $200 in 5's and 10's.

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
Yeah...I missed out as well on the larger truck...I have the smaller one that wixxy has. Did anyone enter the competition for the large truck in the latest Xpress magazine?

jirwin

HSC
I don't like doing Monday mornings (I only do them sometimes during school holidays) because of the pissy float we get. One of the good morning supervisors will check before the first morning people go on and do a negative clearance $200 in 50's and $200 in 5's and 10's.
I hate it when you get on a register that isn't regularly used and it has been raided for change so you've got like nothing but 5 cent pieces.

So at Woolworths, do you just order change when you need it and call a supervisor?

jirwin

HSC
So at coles you get pre-organized floats?? Weird. We get the ones from the night before lol ;)
Our tills are on a 2 week rotation. eg. 601 (Reg 1), 602 (reg 2) ... and then the next week its 701, 702 etc

so we do get the tills/floats from the night before except on mondays. on sunday nights the tills are stripped back to no more then $300 in notes (and whatever coins are just left there). so mondays are low floats :(

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
With talk about A possible WA Plastic bag ban, I was wondering how the SA ban works with SCO? It would be awfully difficult I would imagine,would it not?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Why have we got so many coles people in the Woolies thread now?
Imo there should be a Coles vs Woolies thread ;)

EDIT: Nothing like a bit of competition. V healthy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)