The Woolworths Thread (13 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
the Duty Manager is supposed to be the Store Manager in the absence of him/her, so yes, the duty manager outranks the department managers - technically. but alot also depends on whether they are salaried or EBA, how often they do it etc.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
As for breaks.

All work over 4hrs entitled you to a tea break (10 minutes + walking time) all work over 5hrs entitles you to a lunch break (1 hr, or 45/30 mins with the consent of the employee) all work over 9hrs gets a SECOND tea break. all work over 11hrs is paid as overtime (1.5 time for the first 2 hrs, and double time for any time after that)

Black Heart

HSC
As for breaks.

All work over 4hrs entitled you to a tea break (10 minutes + walking time) all work over 5hrs entitles you to a lunch break (1 hr, or 45/30 mins with the consent of the employee) all work over 9hrs gets a SECOND tea break. all work over 11hrs is paid as overtime (1.5 time for the first 2 hrs, and double time for any time after that)
Hmm, When I work 8 hours, I get 1 hour lunch break and 2 tea breaks. This is in the meat unit though.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
apparently there is a software upgrade for both registers (WoWPOS) and self serve coming this week.
has anyone else heard about this upgrade?

im told that the new self serve software is completly different - now we have to teach customers all over again. grrr...

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
apparently there is a software upgrade for both registers (WoWPOS) and self serve coming this week.

im told that the new self serve software is completly different - now we have to teach customers all over again. grrr...
Where'd you hear this?
Source?

Timmo88

HSC

Well that sucks cause my store only opened a little over a month ago

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

i'm going to begin a cleanup of stickies, and this thread is marked down for possible de-stickying (HOWEVER - a link to it will still be kept in a stickied thread tho). My reasoning is that even though it's a good thread - it is somewhat esoteric.

Any objections?

sach1990

HSC

ok so i have applied(have been for the past two yrs) but never got any responses other than the word 'unseccessful', ok once i got into bigw group interview but not the job:( , anyway should i go and see the manager at the store that iam applying to?

HSC

i'm going to begin a cleanup of stickies, and this thread is marked down for possible de-stickying (HOWEVER - a link to it will still be kept in a stickied thread tho). My reasoning is that even though it's a good thread - it is somewhat esoteric.

Any objections?
Not from me. The Woolworths Thread is much more useful IMO. All this thread is is a bunch of people complaining about the application system.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Woolworths FAQ is now merged with Woolworths thread

ekul444

HSC
N/A
townie and/or others have you heard anything about the software upgrade i was talking about before??

grobsh

HSC
townie and/or others have you heard anything about the software upgrade i was talking about before??

should have been in during the week, i heard they had some problems. If the upgrade is the one i have seen, it looks absolutely atrocious the pictures on the screen are pixelated and it just looks very poorly done. the platform SS currently runs on is based on the big w one, and is much better, apart from all the downtime they seem to have.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I havent heard about an upgrade, but i'm Region 8, so we may not have it yet

greekgun

HSC
Im thinking about quiting my job at coles and taking up a job at my local woolies as its like 15 min less travel. Do u think the transition would be that big? Does any1 know if the register software is the same as the ones used at coles?

HSC
Im thinking about quiting my job at coles and taking up a job at my local woolies as its like 15 min less travel. Do u think the transition would be that big? Does any1 know if the register software is the same as the ones used at coles?
Register software is different, but its not that hard to pick up, especially considering other transferable skills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)