The Woolworths Thread (11 Viewers)

rockets

HSC
N/A
Is Easter Saturday double time and half in sydney as well?????????

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Is Easter Saturday double time and half in sydney as well?????????
Yes, yes, yes!. For WA, VIC, NSW, QLD....Dont know about Adelaide though, do they even celebrate easter:haha:

Cant wait, gonna be rich rich rich! Although I do have to spend 7.5 hours working in the easter section at BigW, which kinda puts me off now.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i just got a job a woolies!!
my first shift was on tuesday !
im working in deli
its so scary for me!
lol

just getting use to proportions
and stuff
and i get a little tangled when im picking up more than i got originally
i still dont know where everything is so i have to casually
walk up the display window like i know where it is glarring at the name tags lol

awww
haha

i've been working at the deli for over 2 years now. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Yes, yes, yes!. For WA, VIC, NSW, QLD....Dont know about Adelaide though, do they even celebrate easter:haha:

Cant wait, gonna be rich rich rich! Although I do have to spend 7.5 hours working in the easter section at BigW, which kinda puts me off now.
Oh... serious?
Brilliant =D
9 hours here I come.

Black Heart

HSC
hey guys, I just called work and was told i was working this upcoming monday (13th) and am working 8:30am - 5:30pm (on checkouts, ugghh kill me), but what I'm trying to ask is, is it double time?

Mark-AJ

Ncc Tardis
HSC
Yes, it is.

So congrats on gettin a shift that big on Easter Monday!
(just noticed when you're graduating... no wonder they rostered you =P)

Black Heart

HSC
Yes, it is.

So congrats on gettin a shift that big on Easter Monday!
(just noticed when you're graduating... no wonder they rostered you =P)
haha yeah, i'm cheap to put on that's why I got the shift :p

Oh and will it be busy? :mad1:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
You're gonna die then.
No way will you recover after Easter Monday with only one week off :p

Omgad. Worked Thursday, worked today, working tomorrow even though the store is shut. Working Easter Monday, Tuesday, then Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
*dies*

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I'm considering applying for a position for the new Woolworths store which will be opening near me later this year, so I have been following this thread with interest.

In your opinion, which department is best to work in? I have over 6 years retail experience, so I'd probably be most at home with registers, but I wanted to get the inside scoop first. I had a friend who worked in Seafood and the prawns used to give him cuts through the plastic gloves :S. I probably wouldn't do well in Grocery either as I'm not very strong...

Generally how long before the store opening would they list positions on Wowcareers? Weeks, months?

Craven

HSC
^^ I'd say they'd start advertising about a month before it opens (recruitment process generally takes about a month). I've worked in almost all the departments... bakery/produce is the best... Deli is good, but you have to serve customers and they are picky when it comes to fresh produce. Grocery isn't too bad (but I hate Perishables... it's the worst, at our store anyway). Though, I'm lazy so I wish I could just be an office cashier already, ugh... want to sit down!

Turns out it wasn't as busy as we were expecting. Sales are below forecasted (around 80% of what they were hoping)... shit :p

One customer brought back some half-eaten yoghurt on Thursday 9/4... it had a use by date of 10/4 and they said that they couldn't finish it by then so they wanted a refund... WTF? Why did you buy it then?! We didn't give them one, lol.

dynasty

HSC
I'm considering applying for a position for the new Woolworths store which will be opening near me later this year, so I have been following this thread with interest.
are you talking about the Norbrik store at Norwest?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
For Thursday the whole store was down on the forecast by a little over 16K. For bakery, though, we were over our forecast by 1K, and 2.5K up on last year which is ossum =]

Saturday wasn't as busy as we had anticipated, though there were quite a few busy periods. Fortunately it was rather quiet when one of the area bosses came through, so we managed to have the store looking quite presentable and he had no complaints. According to the STM, we will have either reached sales by the end of trade, or been very very close.

Working tonight. Fun fun fun fun fun.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Our store was ridiculous on Thursday. Well over estimates. Didn't see figures but had to be approximately $300k? Yesterday was pretty quiet though. Happy to earn my public holiday rates without fighting through hordes of customers like on Thursday.

I'm working today as well, 12-10. Have to do my usual pulling down/putting up ends as well as moving all the easter shit somewhere else and putting up all the signage, ticketing etc. Could be a long day. Boo that this isn't a public holiday, only time and a half. Oh well, I am working tomorrow too. Good money ftw.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Wow.. 10 hours?
I'm quite happy actually... I'm working 4 hours and being paid the difference seeing as I'm contracted 10 hours today :)
luff Woolies sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)