The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

the way to go

HSC
What exactly is the return/damaged sale function used for?

I'm at a point where there's stuff I don't 100% understand, but asking others isn't really an option, new csm already thinks I'm a incompetent idiot and i don't need him to have a good reason for it :\

Isaia

HSC
Not agreeing to, but which document and why?
Hi.

I am part time working with the LongLife team in my store. I was given a hard copy of the AutoStockR guide by my SM and told to get familiar with it. On page 4 there are 3 reference documents under the heading "Foundations for AutoStockR".

One is for Fresh food depts so I don't suppose I need it. I was given another.

There is a reference to a document called "Stock Management Principles SMP" which the guide states is key to maintaining accurate SOH.

I would like to be familiar with it, but have been told it's not available. I also can't help but wonder if there are better training manuals for those involved with AutoStockR than the ASR Guide as it looks more like a reference for those who have been trained.

malonel

HSC
N/A
Hey all,
We've got this new fridge thats filled with drinks from a local manufacturer.
But the issue is AutoStockr doesn't seem to be working... Perpetual is set to 'Y', I've set the MPL to 3, Cap to 15 (OM is 12). The supply source is Direct Vendor.
But its just not ordering any more stock... The fridge is now basically empty. Anyone know what could be going on??

Cheers

Isaia

HSC
Hey all,
But the issue is AutoStockr doesn't seem to be working... Perpetual is set to 'Y', I've set the MPL to 3, Cap to 15 (OM is 12). The supply source is Direct Vendor.
But its just not ordering any more stock... The fridge is now basically empty. Anyone know what could be going on??

Cheers

Is SOH accurate? When was the last order received? Are you sure it's not being delivered and worked by your nightfill crew who don't know about the new fridge and are sticking it with their overs or on a new lines cage where it's collecting dust?

Why not set the MPL higher so your lowest stock holding is higher... Then the fridge won't nearly get empty again.

Or be a cheat and overlay it on ISIS.

Does it have another shelf location?

Last edited:

Triboniophorus

HSC
N/A
Hey all,

Cheers
You need to find out when it gets ordered so that you can check the open order in isis.
It's most likely only getting one order per week and as its a new line it doesn't have any history and is just ordering the minimum, so if it's selling out straight away you'll need to increase the amount of stock in the open order to hold you over until the next delivery.
Some other things you can do is increase the mpl to force it to order more stock without you having to interfere with the open order. You can also do an AQ eform in host asking the asr team to increase the forecasting on the products so that it orders more stock.
Once it's built up some sales history you can go back and decrease the mpl.

malonel

HSC
N/A
Cheers guys! It has no other shelf locations and the SOH hand is correct (zero!). From what you've said I'm guessing the issue is because it's a new line with no sales history. I would have thought tho with a SOH=0 it would have placed an order. I'll put in a manual bulk order so we can begin to get some regular sales and develop that history. Cheers

sb26

HSC
What exactly is the return/damaged sale function used for?

I'm at a point where there's stuff I don't 100% understand, but asking others isn't really an option, new csm already thinks I'm a incompetent idiot and i don't need him to have a good reason for it :\
Well if you just want to return one item, the usual 'return item' button is enough. But if you are doing multiple items, a return sale means everything you scan is added as a return negative value to the transaction if that makes sense. To save you having to go into SVR menu > return item for each and every item.

The same with damage sale, except the items are added as damaged.

That's OK that's why this forum is here =) most of the time when I ask questions to other staff you have to take their answers with a grain of salt, but the people here are usually cluey.

Dane12

HSC
Hello Everyone,

Is anybody able to help me with ASR routines by outlining a basic, methodical and successful approach to investigating overstocks on capping and aisle cages and then low/out of stocks on completion of their long life routine.

We have some issues in store that we are keen to get to the bottom of.

Cheers.

Isaia

HSC
Hello everyone. I'm new here! I'm a 16 year old male working at a local Woolworths. I've been working there since February and doing fairly well, I've received >10 customer compliments (that I know of) and I've had a tip off from the DM that I'm being trained in the cash office. I'm just wondering what are the requirements to be trained as a supervisor? Obviously only working weekends during the day before the night supervisor comes in.
I believe (not 100%) that there might be a company policy of no supervisors under 18 years of age.

But hey, congrats on all the compliments, you're obviously doing something right! Customers generally are quick to complain but take the good service for granted. Well done and good luck.

nanakid12

HSC
I did my first supervision shift when I was 16, but another supervisor was 15 at the time.

Express your interest to your CSM and see what they say, just that your interested in supervision.

I think it depends on the store manager, we had one that didn't want anyone under 18 to supervise but that was after I was of age so nothing happened.

Katebrunner

HSC
Hello everyone. I'm new here! I'm a 16 year old male working at a local Woolworths. I've been working there since February and doing fairly well, I've received >10 customer compliments (that I know of) and I've had a tip off from the DM that I'm being trained in the cash office. I'm just wondering what are the requirements to be trained as a supervisor? Obviously only working weekends during the day before the night supervisor comes in.
Wow you sound like a star for a 16 year old. Better than lots of the 30 year old managers lol!

Katebrunner

HSC
I believe (not 100%) that there might be a company policy of no supervisors under 18 years of age.
No official company policy on that, they can't discriminate unless there is a legal reason for being 18, eg sale of liquor.

Some stores may say you have to be 18 because they want someone mature, but if you're only 16 but mature enough and the right person for the job then they would have to consider you.

djhol4

HSC
N/A
Does anybody not like their SM?

Our ASM is quite an easy going nice person who often says hello, and always jumps on a register for express alerts.
However, our SM isn't very friendly at all and just stands their when it's really busy and stares at us to make sure all the operators are working efficiently.
Many of the younger female operators find this intimidating...

Also...I normally supervise at night and I covered much more experienced employees morning supervision once and the SM just hang around the check outs the whole time gawking at me and it made me feel quite uncomfortable.
When I brought the cigarette boxes up from the back dock to get an operator to unstack them and lock the cartons away, the SM saw me doing this I was given a mean look and told to take them to the cash office for security reasons. Even though this is what we do all the time....some customers asked for some brands we didn't have in stock because they we locked in the cash office

Other people noticed his strange behaviour towards me and word got around...the girl who shift I covered even apologised to me for being put through it hahaha

Seriously though, I'm not to fussed because it's not like he was bullying or harassing me or anything. I've heard the SM does this just assert his authority over new employees. It's okay though, because he will probably be working for me one day....

Last edited:

Isaia

HSC
My first SM was a piece of shit. Fat and the only language he knew was intimidation. It nearly ended my career before it began. God I wish I could work with the fat bastard now an show him what I've learnt from the other, somewhat normal, SM's.

nanakid12

HSC
Do other peoples stores not allow you to use people's last name on the PA? We always do in our store, because it's a small town and everyone knows everyone, but I have a friend who works in Brisbane store close to the city and says that they have all sorts of weirdos that look them up on Facebook and stalk them, hence they aren't allowed to use their last names!!

Weird!

Katebrunner

HSC
Do other peoples stores not allow you to use people's last name on the PA? We always do in our store, because it's a small town and everyone knows everyone, but I have a friend who works in Brisbane store close to the city and says that they have all sorts of weirdos that look them up on Facebook and stalk them, hence they aren't allowed to use their last names!!

Weird!
No, thats bull (or maybe your friend just has a paranoid manager). What if you have 2 people with the same name? I'm at a pretty big store and we have 4 Davids!

nanakid12

HSC
Maybe it's just a store policy :/ do you guys get any crazy stalker-like customers? I haven't, I had two or three psycho girls message me on Facebook, but just ignored them when I found out they were psychos ha :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)