Thinking of dropping to standard english (1 Viewer)

vitamin D

HSC
Firstly, I would like to apologise for pissing people off, but I still don't understand and have questions and I do not want to make the wrong decision.

Regarding this, as far as I am concerned, the aligned marks will not be used and my 80% raw mark will be used if i do standard and the 75% will be used if I do advanced. These raw external marks will be averaged with the internal mark and that final mark will be scaled (and scaling is same for both subjects). According to my understanding, using the raw marks you have listed, assuming my internal mark was the same for both subjects, I will get a higher mark for standard english. I know I'm pissing you guys off, but please help me out
lol fk do standard then

Last edited:

vitamin D

HSC
I am probably misunderstanding, but according to my research and the UAC guide, that it how it works. If it doesn't work like that, please let me know.
Listen give it a try for advance and if you don't like it drop. If not, do standard. Simple as that. Stop wasting everyones time going back and forth.

fghfvnfghvn

HSC
Listen give it a try for advance and if you don't like it drop. If not, do standard. Simple as that. Stop wasting everyones time going back and forth.
I've already tried advanced and I don't like it, but I dont like english in general and will keep advanced if there is authentic evidence provided to support the idea that standard is absolute trash (which hasn't happened yet)

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
I've already tried advanced and I don't like it, but I dont like english in general and will keep advanced if there is authentic evidence provided to support the idea that standard is absolute trash (which hasn't happened yet)
fk man just drop dis motherfucker
fk your authentic evidence. There has been 3 pages of explanations and personal experiences. if you wanna drop, just fkn drop.

vitamin D

HSC
okay well, stick with standard then. But at the end of the day its your will. But im telling you from my own personal experience, to try to hang on to adv. If you're struggling get a tutor or someone on here to help. adv is very different to standard in terms of results, you can talk about aligning and scaling for as much as you want, i dont give a shit but at the end of the day ALOT more students in adv acess the top 2 bands compared to standard and that should tell you heaps. check :http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ebos/static/BDHSC_2014_12_15130.html and http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ebos/static/BDHSC_2014_12_15140.html no matter what you pick, try your best. :)

fghfvnfghvn

HSC
okay well, stick with standard then. But at the end of the day its your will. But im telling you from my own personal experience, to try to hang on to adv. If you're struggling get a tutor or someone on here to help. adv is very different to standard in terms of results, you can talk about aligning and scaling for as much as you want, i dont give a shit but at the end of the day ALOT more students in adv acess the top 2 bands compared to standard and that should tell you heaps. check :http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ebos/static/BDHSC_2014_12_15130.html and http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ebos/static/BDHSC_2014_12_15140.html no matter what you pick, try your best. :)
In all honesty, I do feel more comfortable with standard, but people have been very discouraging here. Someone said I must get 88+ raw mark in standard which I don't think I can do. But I'm competing with around 40 students, a lot of whom don't give 2 shits about their ATAR, which does mean a bad cohort, but it also means a lot easier to get a better rank and therefore scaling shouldn't bring you down too much right? In advanced there are about 80 students, with some doing extension 1 and 2 aswell. And the maximum rank I think i'm capable of getting is like 25-30. I really tried not to be biased or anything towards standard, which is why I wanted "authentic evidence".

vitamin D

HSC
In all honesty, I do feel more comfortable with standard, but people have been very discouraging here. Someone said I must get 88+ raw mark in standard which I don't think I can do. But I'm competing with around 40 students, a lot of whom don't give 2 shits about their ATAR, which does mean a bad cohort, but it also means a lot easier to get a better rank and therefore scaling shouldn't bring you down too much right? In advanced there are about 80 students, with some doing extension 1 and 2 aswell. And I maximum rank I think i'm capable of getting is like 25-30. I really tried not to be biased or anything towards anything, which is why I wanted "authentic evidence".
if you're confident with getting rank 1, id say go for it. If not i'd say being in th top middle half of your cohort is better than top 10 std. I was in a similar situation like you too dw

fghfvnfghvn

HSC
if you're confident with getting rank 1, id say go for it. If not i'd say being in th top middle half of your cohort is better than top 10 std. I was in a similar situation like you too dw
Hmmm, I'm not too confident about first, but I'd definitely say I could get in top 5, does that sound like a reasonable rank? And can you tell me about your situation? Did you move from advanced to standard? Any regrets?

vitamin D

HSC
Hmmm, I'm not too confident about first, but I'd definitely say I could get in top 5, does that sound like a reasonable rank? And can you tell me about your situation? Did you move from advanced to standard? Any regrets?
i was offered to go to adv but bitched it because of my friends kept saying how "hard" it was, it discouraged me. Further, i did not think i was capable with reading all those Shakespeare shit and when i think about it, they were kind of anchoring me down (without knowing it) and kept me from getting the best atar, my rank in standard without a tutor is alright id say and i could only imagine what i would get if i was in adv and with a tutor or not. "HSC rewards effort" so try your best and you'll get what you deserve

vitamin D

HSC
take the "kept me from getting the best atar" back, at the end of the day it was my decision, point is i made the wrong decision :)

fghfvnfghvn

HSC
i was offered to go to adv but bitched it because of my friends kept saying how "hard" it was, it discouraged me. Further, i did not think i was capable with reading all those Shakespeare shit and when i think about it, they were kind of anchoring me down (without knowing it) and kept me from getting the best atar, my rank in standard without a tutor is alright id say and i could only imagine what i would get if i was in adv and with a tutor or not. "HSC rewards effort" so try your best and you'll get what you deserve
Thanks for the kind words.

Hughsyz

HSC
Drop it whilst you can... I made the mistake of continuing Advanced and realised the extent to which Hamlet proved my swan song.

koujaku

HSC
What a troll...

You guys should stop worrying about OPs ATAR because it doesn't matter. Clearly something wrong with him in the head.

Enjoy your *

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)