This is why I don't wear sandals to uni (1 Viewer)

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
As dorky as they may seem, Ive got a pair of colorado sandals. Ive had them for like 8 years, but I keep them for when its hot and I need to walk somewhere. They have never ever given me blisters. They are so comfy and awesome!

I got Gallaz thongs, black ones and the colours rubs off all over my feet. it stains them for days. ITS SO ANNOYING!

HSC
N/A
Much less effort to take off as well, if you happen to be the type to take them off during breaks so you can run around barefoot...

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Serius said:
thats cause you know people in wollongong hun

we kinda have a beach culture thing down here, like EVERYONE at uni wears thongs, shit i even see some of the lecturers completely barefoot

i tend not to wear thongs though cause on days when i am playing footy or in a lab i need proper shoes.

thongs are good in hot weather and when you dont have to walk far, otherwise they are shit
havaianas just look like normal thongs to me, pretty much the same shit i can buy for 5$ at Go-Lo

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
MzbLaZeIT said:
thats your answer to your ugly blisters!
wear sport sh0es y0! i used to wear thongs to tafe, but thongs are soo bad for your feet (and i walk alot to and from tafe, so i started wearing sport shoes, yeah its hawwwt but oh well im doing my feet a favour)
nike tailwinds in hawt pink. oh yeh! im cool.
nike's are crap. the air pops very quickly (without u even knowing), leaving you with potentially NO support.

however, Lundy, since thongs and flats aren't an option check out colorado as someone else mentioned for sandaly type shoes. converse also have half open/half closed shoes.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Having checked out their website I'm now more confident than ever that u guys have just been taken in...

http://www.havaianas.com/ (for those interested).

Perhaps someone doing year 9 science should do an experiment to find out whether people can feel a difference.
I assure you if you try on real Havaianas and then cheap imitations, you WILL notice a difference. I'll buy you some for your birthgay. Pretty pink ones.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
what about keds? theyre openish, ballet style sneakery style shoes, fairly open and some are made completely of cotton on the top...i imagine theyd be fairly cool...and its coming up to autumn and winter now so it wont be hot for much longer

Carnivour

HSC
ive worn thongs for most of my life and i can safely say that havs are the best. especially now that i walk alot during the day, so i have to save my feet for the night. other thongs have bruised me and made me bleed. :( not havaianas.

btw, when a friend of mine from london visited recently, she said that the Havs sell for around $50 over there. needless to say, she stocked up on a few when she was here.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Keds sell for $50-$60 here. lol They're a waste of money, especially considering they HURT.

I bought Ked-like type shoes....they're from Human, and they look the same, but they're oh so much more comfortable. $20 from Insport (shameless promoting).

arrested development
HSC
Emily. said:
what about keds? theyre openish, ballet style sneakery style shoes, fairly open and some are made completely of cotton on the top...i imagine theyd be fairly cool...and its coming up to autumn and winter now so it wont be hot for much longer
Oh, but they are sooooooo painful. They don't stretch and mould into a comfy shape for your feet like leather shoes do. Poo poo to Keds.

Aussiechick

HSC
Sounds like Havianas are the best for avoiding blisters, so where do I get them (in wollongong)? Every other pair of thongs I've got have given me blisters like the original poster, so I wanna get my hands on some!

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I'm a guy and i started wearing thongs a little over a year now. I NEVER wore thongs except at home in the yard and always worn shoes with socks. Since then I've basically worn thongs everyday, except for labs and clinicals. They are white Havaianas and great because they are so easy to wear. At home I our family walks around bare foot since the house is mainly carpeted and it's kind of an Asian thing. Only problem I have with thongs are that the soles of my feet have now harden slightly. I recently got Cotton On thongs for cheap and wearing them is just, gross kinda cause the material they used to manufacture it with is somewhat... gluey? and makes my feet feel like there is resin on it. Also I noticed my sister's pair and the padding on the foot side was indented where the pressure was greated with her feet. Normally I wear out shoes yearly but for these thongs to last so long is a testament to how good they are.

Sam you have soft feet. You should only get blisters with new shoes.

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
grk_styl said:
Keds sell for $50-$60 here. lol They're a waste of money, especially considering they HURT.

I bought Ked-like type shoes....they're from Human, and they look the same, but they're oh so much more comfortable. $20 from Insport (shameless promoting).
I agree. I have been wearing mine since xmas 2005 and I still get massive open wound blisters from them (15 minutes of walking max)

salsydney

HSC
Carnivour said:
btw, when a friend of mine from london visited recently, she said that the Havs sell for around $50 over there. needless to say, she stocked up on a few when she was here.
yeah, its shocking there!!! 20 pounds for a pair!!!! we're paying $20!!!

hello_world

HSC
if u have sensitive feet, dont even think about buying cheap shoes from big w. they would probably be made of synthetic fibres which make ur feet sweat and are nowhere near as comfortable as leather

but yeh, i think i can agree with everyone else here... go for havianas. most thongs give me blisters but those never do

Lundy

Banned
HSC
bittersweet_em said:
if u have sensitive feet, dont even think about buying cheap shoes from big w. they would probably be made of synthetic fibres which make ur feet sweat and are nowhere near as comfortable as leather

but yeh, i think i can agree with everyone else here... go for havianas. most thongs give me blisters but those never do
These were real leather

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)