This Year's Fashion Has Been Really Shit, Why Doesn't Anyone Else Agree? (1 Viewer)

???

• Total voters

7th Sign

HSC
depends where you shop at stores like code orange you can still pick up some nice stuff, but yes the whole fluro crap look is so old and they keep pushing it in stores.

I got a few things imported from Europe I cant wait for them to show =))

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
I just didnt like the pregnant, potato sack dresses, other things were okay imo.

I bought myself a couple of those character tees, i got, 1 little miss top (little miss sunshine), 1 Betty Boop top, 1 Care Bears (Grumpy Bear) top (its soo cute, its got "This is my grumpy shirt" printed on it). Im planning to buy one with Snoopy on it soon, i <3 that character.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
MaNiElla said:
1 Care Bears (Grumpy Bear) top (its soo cute, its got "This is my grumpy shirt" printed on it).
FROM WHERE?!? how much?!? i want!!

ChicShit

HSC
Kiim2507 said:
Gah I totally agree
Fashion this year has been shocking
The fluro
The over sized tees with leggings

everything.
That's not even fashion. That's mass manufactured crap. The real fashion this year has been a return to minimalism, alongside metallics, grunge and the new 'school girl' - plaid, mary janes, high waisted skirts, bows, stockings etc.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
1. hm, not a fan but i can see potential there.
2. LOVE it, very pretty and understated, love the bow.
lol that's not understated....that's pretty OTT actually.

the top is nice. where's it from?

K

katie_tully

this compells me to go take photosnaps of all my latest purchases for peer approval
BRB GUYS

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
ChicShit said:
That's not even fashion. That's mass manufactured crap. The real fashion this year has been a return to minimalism, alongside metallics, grunge and the new 'school girl' - plaid, mary janes, high waisted skirts, bows, stockings etc.
Actually even the supre shit does tend to be based on something someone saw on the runway. I do remember seeing a giant slogan tee or two, as well as some neon bits and pieces. It all depends on who you're looking at. Clothing stores do it all the time- they see a piece they can cheaply produce and sell to the masses, and then they flog it to death.

Besides, when we say "fashion" we generally mean "stuff that we see in stores". And by "stores" we mean "moderately priced clothing chains".

Edit: I nearly spazzed in Myer today. So many pretty things to buy. Unfortunately so little money to spend in Sydney this summer.

Last edited:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Oh, i really like those silk tops, i think that they're absolutely gorgeous and elegant :eek:

kthxbambi

HSC
hm i'd disagree, though there is some shit this year, and alot of what was good has been overkilled, i liked this years fashion overall.
its a mix of retro&modern, and i hate fashion when everything's black and white.
but those slogan tees, well they were all "WOW" when they came out
but now its a bit like "ohgodwtf TAKE THEM AWAY"
but i got my wear out of them before they were in EVERY store
but id say this 80s revival is better than the usual 'black is always in'
because it isnt. when everybody wears neutral colors, the world is a r8 sad place. myes.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
scarybunny said:
Actually even the supre shit does tend to be based on something someone saw on the runway. I do remember seeing a giant slogan tee or two, as well as some neon bits and pieces. It all depends on who you're looking at. Clothing stores do it all the time- they see a piece they can cheaply produce and sell to the masses, and then they flog it to death.

Besides, when we say "fashion" we generally mean "stuff that we see in stores". And by "stores" we mean "moderately priced clothing chains".

Edit: I nearly spazzed in Myer today. So many pretty things to buy. Unfortunately so little money to spend in Sydney this summer.
get your freak on giles deacon

yabba dabba doo karen walker to the rescue

wham bam thank you stam

etc.

brookachooka

HSC
you all think you have it bad, i live in port macquarie, we have like to shopping centres both really small. so everyone shops in the same shops and all wear exactly the same clothes. when walking down the street u'd be lucky to not see 2 of the same top.

it's really annoying and very hard to be original.

but i really dont mind cos im a jeans and tee type girl, i can get themk whenever no matter wat the fashion is, so it works for me

TIANA Z

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
The year is nearly finished and I have hated everything the shops have come up with. It went really good last summer with some body hugging summer dresses and since then it went downhill.

Pregnant dresses, curtain dresses, balloon dresses, things that don't hug your body and make you look fat, overalls, vests, ugly ugly ankle boots (some are okay, but mostly shit), over the top leopard print, clown red lipstick on pale white blondes, skinny emo jeans, retro highlighter crap, big letters across shirts, intense amounts of sequins etc.

The only think I have warmed up to are long shirt dresses that at least hug your body, and leggings. But I don't wear these myself, I merely appreciate them on others.

I
Have
Not
Bought
Any
Clothes
This
Year

except shoes.

Am I the only one that has these sentiments? Because ah, on the street, it doesn't appear so. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but fuck you Pitt St/Sydney/Westfield/Small stores that look individual when really they're not/Myer/etc and your crappy unagreeable sense of fashion. Get back to some classic, timeless pieces. For fuck's sake.
I absolutely agree with everything you said.
Except I had to vote for the 2nd option on the Poll, only because I didn't want the Lets make out part!

The fashion buyers for MYER and DJ's suck!

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
AlleyCat said:
get your freak on giles deacon

yabba dabba doo karen walker to the rescue

wham bam thank you stam

etc.
oh house of holland, plz die. agyness is way too good for that poo label. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)