Thoughts and reflections on your Yr 11 subjects? (1 Viewer)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Believe it or not we only have 4 weeks of Yr 11 left :jawdrop:
So what subject are you guys thinking of dropping? I'm leaning towards picking up EE2 and dropping Economics. But I'm waiting for my final Yr 11 results to decide.

Also, what subjects do you guys regret not doing or are relieved you didn't do in Yr 11?
I am relieved I didn't do MX1 (Mathematics is enough maths for me) and Physics (my poor friends in physics).
BUT I regret not doing French Continuers :( I miss French and have forgotten all I knew essentially.

production2

Banned
HSC
N/A
I am relieved I didn't do MX1 (Mathematics is enough maths for me) and Physics (my poor friends in physics

HAHAHA u are a dumb fuck!

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
So what subject are you guys thinking of dropping? I'm leaning towards picking up EE2 and dropping Economics. But I'm waiting for my final Yr 11 results to decide.

Also, what subjects do you guys regret not doing or are relieved you didn't do in Yr 11?
I am relieved I didn't do MX1 (Mathematics is enough maths for me) and Physics (my poor friends in physics).
BUT I regret not doing French Continuers :( I miss French and have forgotten all I knew essentially.
I think the best advice I can give you guys is that consider delaying any decision to drop any subjects.

Essentially, you haven't experienced the HSC course yet and who knows, you might find it better and hence do well. Perhaps wait until after the first assessment or even the half yearly before making a much more informed decision on dropping.

In my case, I was relieved to wait until after the HY before dropping a sub as my Preliminary marks were not indicative of my HSC marks.

powlmao

Banned
HSC

My parent's won't let me drop IPT :(

I regret not doing MX1. I beat all the 3U students and all my teachers said you should have done it. I guess it does leave me more time to study for other subjects.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
No regrets. Just like how I planned it. I will drop Engineering. Although there are a few subjects that may have attracted Spiral's eyes to. But overall, I am happy with my selection. The amount of work on the other hand...

HSC
N/A
Ugh.
Chemistry= my biggest regret. I worry so much over it. I should have done legal...
Other than that... I don't think I have any regrets (considering lines)

Gigacube

HSC
I have no regrets about the subjects I've picked. I didn't change anything either. I probably won't drop a subject as I can manage the workload.

Sometimes I wish I did pick business, legal or economics but there's more of a workload for those subjects.

Aysce

HSC
My biggest regret is ... STANDARD ENGLISH :(

Aykay

HSC
Uni Grad
Visual Arts = shouldn't have chosen it just for the bludge.
Other than that, I'm happy with my subjects.

declanbehan

HSC
Might drop VET IT..LOL it's a waste of two units and I don't think I want a VET course to count in my atar

declanbehan

HSC
My parent's won't let me drop IPT :(

I regret not doing MX1. I beat all the 3U students and all my teachers said you should have done it. I guess it does leave me more time to study for other subjects.
I wish I was doing IPT instead of SDD..I'm terrible at programming in SDD and the entire course is composed of that yet I can't drop it. :mad:

HSC
Shiiiet 4 weeks til the start of the end! I am DEFINITELY dropping Economics. There is nothing wrong with the subject, apart from being sometimes repetitive, but the teacher is...the ultimatum of shit. She would repeat lessons, read from the textbook and have no real knowledge herself. She has no idea...

I am changing Physics classes in hope of a better HSC for Physics... the teacher now is not very inspiring.

I regret not choosing Chemistry instead of Economics. I actually changed it in the yr10 interview...big mistake. Anyway I'm not too worried...

I'm looking forward to MX2 and JapX very much! I'll be dropping Heritage Chinese later, as I cannot speak the language (ironically).

b33g_boss

HSC
gonna drop business. everything else is good.

now i must just concentrate on these yearlies comin up, and better write up notes.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Dropping extension two maths tomorrow

~yay
Why?

I wish I was doing IPT instead of SDD..I'm terrible at programming in SDD and the entire course is composed of that yet I can't drop it. :mad:
IPT is really easy but so boring

My biggest regret is ... STANDARD ENGLISH :(
Same...

But honestly I am coming ~4 in the year in standard, and if i did advance I would be ~50 (We have alot of english freaks at my school) so it is hard to say.

Probably would have been best to do Advance

Deep Blue

HSC
I am happy with how my subjects went this year. Dropping Visual Art at the end of the term and picking up Extension 2 English.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
I wish i'd studied more at the start of this year. Gonna try be different next year (though that's what everyone says).

No regrets. Even though i hate English Ext 1, it's taught me so much about essay writing, creative writing and general analysis(especially how i suck at it). I love modern to hell (bludgy, interesting and easy at the same time).

Bring on 4U maths next year. Gonna own that shit!

Edit: Btw Deep Blue, grats on the fucking gun subjects. I thought mines were good (don't know anyone doing both extensions, least of all accelerating one)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)