Timetable Question (1 Viewer)

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
I live on campus and I don't want a day off :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
there's psych lectures at 1pm. just go to those instead. also move your sclg tute

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
All of those psych lectures are also at 1pm? And why should I move sclg?

Thanks heaps for the advice, I really appreciate it.

~Sw33ti3~

hate uni.... but why :S
HSC
*sigh*
is it easy 2 change. coz like.. can i actually just change one of the classes and keep the rest?
it would make life easier if dat can be done...

Last edited:

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Just do a copy and paste of each timetable into a word document, so you can compare and choose your favourite?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
~Sw33ti3~ said:
*sigh*
is it easy 2 change. coz like.. wat happens if everytime i change it gets worse? now dat will be horrible!!!!
There's a finite number of possibilities, so theoretically if you just keep regenerating and regenerating you'll eventually come up with your previous one. (How long it'd take depends both on how lucky you are and how many different tute and lab sessions are available for your courses.)

You're doing maths. Look at this as an opportunity to learn about chance and probability.

:)

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Thanks for the advice, stazi. I took it gladly. Here's my new and improved timetable:

~Sw33ti3~

HSC
how come no matter wat i do i can't get my psyc class earlier??? like a 10 one on friday....

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
~Sw33ti3~ said:
how come no matter wat i do i can't get my psyc class earlier??? like a 10 one on friday....
Lecture or tute? There are 50+ tutes for psych, so you could be trying for a long time if you want a specific one.

~Sw33ti3~

HSC
ya... but all the combinations weren't fantastic....
but i guess this is good

quite happy.... (all good except for thursday... well only once.. coz i have an autograph session to attend.. meaning i am gonna skip some classess.........=S) but good enuf i think... well damn well better than before....

thanks for all the tips too ^^

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
Hey, just a quick question. I have a 1h lecture on wensdays and thats it, Would i miss much/result in any consequences, if i skipped it the majority of the time. The subject is ECMT10101 (Buisness and Economics Statistics A) if that makes any difference.

cowchicken

HSC
N/A
Is it normal to have a GOVT tutorial in the "Civil Eng Lect Rm"?
It seems kinda strange....

Rorix

HSC
Raven3333 said:
Hey, just a quick question. I have a 1h lecture on wensdays and thats it, Would i miss much/result in any consequences, if i skipped it the majority of the time. The subject is ECMT10101 (Buisness and Economics Statistics A) if that makes any difference.
No consequences. You might miss something - depends on how you find the lectures. Personally I thought ECMT1010 lects were a waste of time and the lect notes were sufficient but your experience may vary.

cowchicken: uni throws tute classes whereever they can fit them..civil engo is one of those places:) not uncommon

one_wit: yep, seems to be down again.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Have a clash between an introductory elec unit and a second year unit, but otherwise my timetable should look fine once I transfer to adv. software.

fush

HSC
Triangulum said:
There's a finite number of possibilities, so theoretically if you just keep regenerating and regenerating you'll eventually come up with your previous one. (How long it'd take depends both on how lucky you are and how many different tute and lab sessions are available for your courses.)

You're doing maths. Look at this as an opportunity to learn about chance and probability.

:)
no thats not how it works. you can customize ur timetable and elect what hours or days you would prefer to be free. The systems then allocates you to classes depending on student numbers in each tute ect... Lectures will most likely not change unless there is more than one stream.

To have your desired timetable simply go see the timetable change people @ madsen building and try to have a good excuse as to why you want to be in a particular tute (eg. work commitments..)

HSC
I honestly don't know how you guys got your timetables. Mine keeps saying it's not ready until O-Week. Sorry to sound like such an idiot :(

fush

HSC
should work.

go to myuni, myadmin, personalised timetable and click on 'get new timetable'.

HSC
Just got it! Now I have no idea how I'm to go about changing my timetable to suit me.

J

jhakka

On the page that's like "LOL! O-WEEK!" click the other button that says something like "Personalise my timetable" and see how you go. You just need to be clever with what days or hours you block out, but it's pretty easy to get what you want. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)