Timetable Question (1 Viewer)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, it only changes if class times change, like in first year with PHYS1500, grrr

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Wow, 21 hours per week with one 8 o'clock start, the rest at 9. Shafted.

pythagakafermat

HSC
I just got my timetable today and I seem to have a very problematic clash on Monday at 9am between Foundations of Law (LAWS1006) and Chemistry 1A Advanced (CHEM1901), as they both require lectures at that time.

Is there anything I can do?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
My timetable is teh gay. I can't be bothered uploading a screenshot, but it's five days a week, one hour tut on monday and that's it, and seven hours of breaks per week. Man, where do you see where the alt lecture streams are?

adgala

HSC
not too bad for a BE/BCom i guess, the 8am starts aren't that great and monday goes for a bit too long without breaks but at least i get wednesday off and friday to an extent (8am-9am...)

zeek

HSC
Far out i can't get one of my tutorials to stick where i want it to be so that i can move other stuff around :(
I want that super-timetable program that the people at USyd use!

tlodg

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
my sexy timetable just got sexier. and what's best is that I could have gotten a 2 day week. But i dont want that, as itd be too intense.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8995/currenttimetableug3.jpg
what if at least 3 of your subjects have lectures on the same day (no other choice)

would it be okay to have a 2-day week?

reasoning: (since the tests are usually taken during lecture times so you can't really spreak the lectures out..

and assignments aren't necessarily due in tutes, suggesting it might be okay to have many tutes on the same day..

therefore you might as well take this 'advantage' and condense your timetable into 2 days of classes)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i would find it very difficult to have two 6-hour days. It's a bit too intense and also would lead to less preparation for these lectures and tutes. I don't have a problem with coming in for an extra day during the late-afternoon. I can sleep in or work on assignments/whatever

tlodg

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
i would find it very difficult to have two 6-hour days. It's a bit too intense and also would lead to less preparation for these lectures and tutes. I don't have a problem with coming in for an extra day during the late-afternoon. I can sleep in or work on assignments/whatever
yep, that is reasonable.

thanks. :)

Does anyone know when the last day to alter enrolment/timetable is?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
You can add units until end of Week 2, I think, and withdraw from units until the census date, which is March 31. (I assume timetable modifications also end at the end of Week 2, but I'm not certain.)

HSC
I'm so scared to even touch my timetable atm. But I have a feeling that I have to have a 5 day week. If you guys could please help me to reduce the number of days I have to attend, I would be really grateful. :)

Here it is: View attachment 14589

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If a four day week is possible, then the following will give you one:

1. Go to timetable option in the sutdent administration.
2. Go to "customise my timetable" or whatever that option is.
3. Choose the "whole day" option and try each of the days mon-fri in order and see if any of them gives you a day off. If not, you're pretty much stuck with it.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
lol well my sexy timetable got marginally less attractive because dad chucked a fit about me having a 9am class (transport issues lol) so i moved it even though i didnt want to. and now my lovely monday is a lot longer. but oh well what can you do lol. ;)
it's still a pretty good one though considering i cant get a day off. might still fiddle with it some more lol...i cant seem to restrain myself from playing around.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
I'm so scared to even touch my timetable atm. But I have a feeling that I have to have a 5 day week. If you guys could please help me to reduce the number of days I have to attend, I would be really grateful. :)

Here it is: View attachment 14589
impossible as you have lectures each day. however, im certain you could make it a lot better by coming into the madsen building, or changing it online yourself. your gaps are shite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)