Top 'speed' done and where? (3 Viewers)

pottsy44

HSC
alexxxz said:
fuel gauge is NOTHING to go by. fill the car up then run it all the way down till it starts missing and surging. that will give you an estimate.
and then you release it is OUT of petrol and you find yourself like 20km's from the nearest servo. Awesome!

turtleface

HSC
Once I did 55 in a 50 zone in my dad's Toyota Camry (Std. most basic version sedan)

I OWN!!

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
I got this mad speed from a truckie. Pure as fuck.

No, seriously, the fastest I have travelled at is 180 going down to the snow with my mate driving last holidays. The fastest I have done myself is 150 on the same trip (but I am generally a very responsible driver and do not condone unsafe behaviours on the road).

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
fuel gauge is NOTHING to go by. fill the car up then run it all the way down till it starts missing and surging. that will give you an estimate.
I'm hoping you were joking, as that's what it looks like... But anyway -

You'll damage the fuel pump, and other associated parts. Fuel Lines are not meant to run on empty. The way it is done is as follows -
You fill up the tank to the VERY top. Then you drive around as much as you like (not until empty) - lets say around half way on the fuel guage. Then you fill upto the very top again - and see how much fuel that required. That is the amount of fuel you have consumed. Now you just do the calculations with the amount of kms you have amassed in that period.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
*agrees with petar13*

That's why I always read the receipt from petrol stations.

turtleface said:
Once I did 55 in a 50 zone in my dad's Toyota Camry (Std. most basic version sedan)

I OWN!!
It'd be quite pathetic if someone got busted doing 55 in 50 zone.

CieL

HSC
^
^
LOL didnt you get busted doing 54 in a school zone?
Not much better X]

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
the police tend to allow 10-15% over or under the speed to allow for miscalculations and the accuracy of the cars odometer and the radar gun. or something like that, my dad told me that neway he is an ex driving instructor XD, can't beat free daily lessons with an experienced instructor.

oh and btw the fastest i've gone is 185-195 near rookwood cemetery, in a friends 2006 model ford XR8. Was AWESOME from 0 to 180 in less then 10 seconds, goddamn i'll never forget that, and i had just gotten my L's. 1337

Jiga

^

I find that alittle hard to believe... was it stock? They do 100km/h in 6 secs, theres alot more ground to cover thereafter

HotShot

-_-
HSC
180km/h - hired an audi and did it on a freeway.. there werent any cars around so just slowed down// and then just slammed the accelator and hit 180km/h by the time caught up with some other cars so had to slow down.

man u could barely feel it in the audi it felt 120km/h on a commodore.

CieL

HSC
HotShot said:
man u could barely feel it in the audi it felt 120km/h on a commodore.
HAH yeah... once I went 120 (70 zone) with two other cars and my bf next to me... and the two cars were gaining speed... my bf was like, catch up! And I'm like, but "I'm going 120 already" since I knew that there's usually cops radaring ahead... and my bf's like, "huh wtf? I thought you were going 80 max!"

Either it's the road I was on, or the car... but at 180 my car doesn't feel good... I thought I was going to fly off the road when I hit one of those metal things that run across the road on a bridge.. (I think it's used to connect the bridge segments?)

pottsy44

HSC
CieL said:
HAH yeah... once I went 120 (70 zone) with two other cars and my bf next to me... and the two cars were gaining speed... my bf was like, catch up! And I'm like, but "I'm going 120 already" since I knew that there's usually cops radaring ahead... and my bf's like, "huh wtf? I thought you were going 80 max!"

Either it's the road I was on, or the car... but at 180 my car doesn't feel good... I thought I was going to fly off the road when I hit one of those metal things that run across the road on a bridge.. (I think it's used to connect the bridge segments?)
the metal things are there to allow to the bridge to expand and contract due to heat and cold, if you look at them closely they will look like 'teeth.'

assassin151

HSC
is commerce accounting good at ur uni ?

wat made u choose ur uni for commerce

assassin151

HSC
2001 nissan 200sx on my l's i was goin 190km/h on roberts rd aka king georges road

bizadfar

HSC
110km/h with a loose wheel nut on the FL! Lucky SOB i am... I learned changing tyres from the guy who changed the rear right on Alonso's car ehhehe.

but seriously after getting my Ps I've been doing 130km/h between speed bumps coupled with heavy braking.
Also about 135-140km/h in N down roseville bridge.

Jiga

but seriously after getting my Ps I've been doing 130km/h between speed bumps coupled with heavy braking
Lol... but serious though, get ready to fork out $400+ for new brake pads and new discs because you've warped em :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

colli-17

HSC
Me and a friend of my dads managed 235 in a Stroked 7 litre supercharged monaro, he said it had more to go and i will belive him, hearing an LS1 stroked with an agrresive cam and a V7 vortech supercharger, Yeeooooww, that was insane, my hilux will do only 135 in comparison whereas i have had dads landcruiser up to 190

bizadfar

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Lol... but serious though, get ready to fork out $400+ for new brake pads and new discs because you've warped em :confused:
Relax buddy... They were already squeeking before i got the car. They were due anyway. Dont need discs, just pads buddy. There is a braking technique u know, just because u wacked it down 100% like an unexperienced driver and warped em doesnt mean it"ll happen to me.

Landcruiser at 190, now that's nice! I went on the M2 the other day and just broke loose in mine(150 max, didnt really keep track). Heaps of noise though.\

Forgot to add: Abusing the crap out of the rear tyres through handbrake turns.

Last edited:

Jiga

Lol.... cant say I have warped my rotors, I was using something called common sense.... your avg cars brakes aernt designed to be subjected to hard braking at excessive speeds frequently.... they overheat and warp.

As for squeeking, brake squeal is not neccerily an indication of worn pads... cars with brand new brakes can get brake squeal!

toeknee

HSC
i drove around 110km on some street in blair athol. was on my l's (still am sadly), had about 3/ 4 hours and thought i was good enough to take the car out for a joy ride. not a good idea,.almost ran into a wall while changing lanes. friend drove 160-170kms down a road in st helen's park trying to drag another mates car when they had a 5 second headstart. that being said i would recommend no one drive 170 down any road. thats just f*cking stupid and yes we almost crashed trying to overtake them. never again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)