Turnbull new opposition leader (2 Viewers)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
"We believe that Government's role is to enable each and every Australian to do their best," he said.

"Labor believes Government knows best. We are not so vain as Mr Rudd."
Good line

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Nelson not returning to the frontbench.

Turnbull's first Question Time as leader at 2pm

Last edited:

Admiral Nelson

Generalfeldmarschall
HSC
Something deep inside of me wants Downer to have become leader... I would vote for him. He's an intelligent man with plenty of foreign experience, plus, he just seems a very interesting person in general. But alas, his career was a tad tied to Howard's, and Turnbull was a better choice than Nelson.

Not that Nelson is a bad politician, it's just, he's not what is needed as opposition leader.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I was listening to 2UE this afternoon for the news. In the segment about the new opposition leader, absolutely no sound bites were played from anyone from the Liberal party and Kevin Rudd's extensive sound bite was played. I lol'ed. :rofl:

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Admiral Nelson said:
Something deep inside of me wants Downer to have become leader... I would vote for him. He's an intelligent man with plenty of foreign experience, plus, he just seems a very interesting person in general. But alas, his career was a tad tied to Howard's, and Turnbull was a better choice than Nelson.

Not that Nelson is a bad politician, it's just, he's not what is needed as opposition leader.
downer doesnt display the strength required of a leader.
plus, he already had a go before howard.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
With a tenure of just over eight months, Downer is to date the shortest-serving leader of the federal Liberal Party. He is also the only federal Liberal leader never to lead the party into an election. /wikipedia

"The moment when I wanted to (quit) was just about the first day I started in the job. There was many a time from the first day onwards when I thought to myself, 'How the hell can I get out of this?"

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Graney said:
With a tenure of just over eight months, Downer is to date the shortest-serving leader of the federal Liberal Party. He is also the only federal Liberal leader never to lead the party into an election. /wikipedia

"The moment when I wanted to (quit) was just about the first day I started in the job. There was many a time from the first day onwards when I thought to myself, 'How the hell can I get out of this?"
out of date. Nelson didnt lead them to an election either.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Either Turnbull's in the wrong party, or Rudd is.
Or both.
Love both leaders. Will be genuinely hard choice

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
The_highwayman said:
out of date. Nelson didnt lead them to an election either.
Could do.

Prediction: Costello gets leadership later on in a cunning display of awesomeness. :D

Zrap

glock9
HSC
lol he does look like his had a couple of warheads

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I think it's crazy enough for a new party.
Turnbull to restructure into Republican Party. Chief aim: independence from the British, secondary aim abolishing welfare slavery, little aims of furious expansionism in SEAsia (capture the Phillipenes etc)

NNNWYAHDED Spycatcher for PM. Awesomeness and awesosity

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
The_highwayman said:
i wish costello would just retire.
the longer he stays the more speculation mounts and the more the public lose their respect for his spinelessness and seemingly 'sour-grapes' persona.
To be completely honest I have little respect for Costello, though I do think he was ripped off by Howard. His steadfast claims that he was "going to be around for a long time" when he thought he was going to be handed the leadership under a Howard victory turned out to be an utter lie when it turned out he'd have to fight for it from opposition.

HSC
Will be intersesting to see if turnball can cut through...I doubt he will at least initially.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Well I think it's a given that he'll do better than Nelson.
He's charismatic, witty and has a fucking good resume.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)