tutorials (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
There shouldn't be clashes - maybe you have to re-do your timetable. If you can't, email (if your account is working) or phone your unit co-ordinator for the subjects.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i had it all worked out then i realised one clashed so i have to go home later now
dammit..i hate catching trains..
now i have to catch it at night..

klh

HSC
u shouldnt get clashes in first year and if oyur following the structure, dunno why the times are changing though.
use youru nromal emial accoutn and email the course adviser if your student email isnt working yet, just write you are a student at uws and it will be fine.

HA! i tried that... they replied back saying they cant help me unless i use my UWS email ... which i mite add isnt working...
does it matter that im not enrolled in my spring units yet?

Jacks

HSC
no it doesn't matter, I mean you could always do it now if you want so you don't have to do it later, but you don't have to be enrolled in your spring units until spring tutorial registration which is months away...so concentrate on setting yourself up for autumn first.

klh

HSC
thats stupid, i always use my hotmail account now coz its more easier for me to use then log into my student mail. your a uws student, they should b able to help! have you told them it dont work? they replied, why didnt you ask for an answer since they replied.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
klh, why don't you connect your student mail with your hotmail account?

Jacks

HSC
you can link your student webmail account with your other e-mail accounts such as hotmail...log in to your student account it should explain how to there.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I heard some where that leccutrers usually don't respond to hotmail emails.

Anyway, to connect your student mail to your hotmail. Log into your student mail and then click user preferences. Then type in your hotmail address in reply to. This means you can now send and recieve emails through hotmail but it uses your student account.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Cape said:
I heard some where that leccutrers usually don't respond to hotmail emails.

Anyway, to connect your student mail to your hotmail. Log into your student mail and then click user preferences. Then type in your hotmail address in reply to. This means you can now send and recieve emails through hotmail but it uses your student account.
thats true, i fink they block all emails that arent UWS emails

klh

HSC
thanks...how shameful, a computing studnet that doesnt know about this...
i honestly didnt know this.

Ummm...ive asked my course coordinater using hotmail plenty of times.

Jacks

HSC
you can also go into options and have all of the messages forwarded to your hotmail account, or another account by typing that e-mail address in the field "Forward mail to" and you also have the choice of whether you want to keep a local copy or not...that is forward the mail to the other address and keep a copy in your student mail as well :)

klh

HSC
ahhh i see that too!
now i dunno which too choose...no wait i can do both right?
umm, but then if i do the reply to thingy, all my emails from hotmail will be sent via the uws email one?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
No they won't. I think its a special feature for student mail cause not many students actually bother to log in and use it.

Jacks

HSC
umm I'm not entirely sure how that one works...I haven't done it before...you could always do a test mail from your hotmail to your hotmail and see what happens....it's just if you want to send from your hotmail you're better off using the reply to by the sounds of it, as the other option only forwards mail sent to your student account inbox.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I've had the reply on for ages, and none of my hotmail emails have ended up in the student mail.

klh

HSC
ok, i get what it does now....woohoo! i like studentmail a bit more now lol.

Jacks

HSC
hehe good good...glad you figured it out...I recommend first years link their account too when you guys finally have access to them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)