UBS Finance Academy? (1 Viewer)

elmo rox!! :D

HSC
ohhh this is so good ...... im going this yr 2 ... i am SO excited!!

thanks for the info haiderr!! it reeeeeally helped!!

also, how many is there to a room? we are doing the treasure hunt too :D lol i am so gonna let lost AHAHAHA :D

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
hahahahahhaha yeah we got lost too!!!! they give you a funny sort of map of the city and they expect you to find your way around - so make sure you have atleast one of the supervisor's mobile numbers before you go out on ur treasure hunt... lol... we were the first team to finish but we didnt win coz we hadnt coloured in the opera house properly - lol its meant to be white and we full bought highlighters and coloured it in green and purple LMAO!!!!!!!!!

YOU GET YOUR OWN ROOM!!!!!!!!! how mad is that???!!!! lol but theyre pretty small rooms - one tiny bed, a table, a shoe stand (LOL) and your own walk in robe and a sink. no toilet however,,,, the toilets are like those at school - shared, only much cleaner!

Your welcome and if you have any more questions keep shooting at me!

Last edited:

basket.case

HSC
lol hey again.. well you did say "any more questions".. :rolleyes:

... everyday, we don't have to dress in suits and all that, right? I mean, smart-casual is alright? Or very casual..? They didn't really indicate that type of thing and I don't want to turn up with a case full of over/under-dressed outfits.
Oh, and on the topic of clothes, on the graduation thing, what types of things were ppl wearing?
Please, if you could answer for what both guys & girls wore, because I have no idea.

Your own rooms!!! Wierd... so we have powerpoint access and etc etc..? did anyone bring laptops?
Lol, walk in wardrobe, shoe stand.. that'll keep me happy for 5 days :eek: .
How big was your suitcase?
And when you say sink.. please elaborate. ooh! and another thing.. are there mirrors in our own rooms?
And do boys/girls have separate toilets & showers? How many ppl are expected to share a bathroom together?
Phew.. okay, I think that's all for now. sorry to trouble you again, I know that I ask the strangest questions:).

Oh, btw, last thing, (promise!) did you have to fill in a personality 'types' test before you went?
(and to elmo rox, if you're there, have you done it yet??? I haven't!!!)

ps. yay! finally found someone *actually* going this year!! can't wait!

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
basket.case said:
lol hey again.. well you did say "any more questions".. :rolleyes:

... everyday, we don't have to dress in suits and all that, right? I mean, smart-casual is alright? Or very casual..? They didn't really indicate that type of thing and I don't want to turn up with a case full of over/under-dressed outfits.
Oh, and on the topic of clothes, on the graduation thing, what types of things were ppl wearing?
Please, if you could answer for what both guys & girls wore, because I have no idea.

Your own rooms!!! Wierd... so we have powerpoint access and etc etc..? did anyone bring laptops?
Lol, walk in wardrobe, shoe stand.. that'll keep me happy for 5 days :eek: .
How big was your suitcase?
And when you say sink.. please elaborate. ooh! and another thing.. are there mirrors in our own rooms?
And do boys/girls have separate toilets & showers? How many ppl are expected to share a bathroom together?
Phew.. okay, I think that's all for now. sorry to trouble you again, I know that I ask the strangest questions:).

Oh, btw, last thing, (promise!) did you have to fill in a personality 'types' test before you went?
(and to elmo rox, if you're there, have you done it yet??? I haven't!!!)

ps. yay! finally found someone *actually* going this year!! can't wait!
hahah thts arrite, questions r good! but im sorry for answering sooo late, ur prolly sleeping now coz u hav to get up early tomorrow n go to the academy (or is it nxt week?).

clothes - on most days its casual. take soemthing warm. be sure to take more than one pair of formal though because i think on one night u r required to wear formal/semi formal, and on the graduation u r required to wear formal. graduation formal: suit and tie for guys and equivalent for girls - anything formal is fine... theyre not that fussy... by formal i mean business clothes, not something u would wear to ur school formal lol.

everyday however, u will wear casual. so make sure to take about 5-6 pairs of casual or wateva u think will be enuff for u... depends how fussy u r.... my suitcase was HUGE. trust me it doesnt matter how big ur suitcase is, as long as u can handle it. i know they said you can only take suitcases to certain measurements, but the size shud be sufficient to fit EVERYTHING in, dont leave anything behind lol trust me u will regret it... take many clothes, and shampoo, and soap, and shaving kits, and gel and body lotion and wateva u need lol....u can dumb ur suitcase in ur room n no one will care...

with the room im sure u will get powerpoints, n yes u MAY bring ur laptops but i would advise against it.... u wont get time to use it... ur busy ALL DAY EVERY DAY! u will only go to ur room to change n sleep.

boys and girls r on different wings im sure, so its seperate for the toilets lol. there were approx 8-10 ppl to a set of toilets = 5 toilets, 3 showers.... trust me n wake up early to shower ie wake up by 6 AM.... and do go for the morning walks coz they r refreshing.

my room had a mirror, but i know not all rooms had mirrors. and sink is just a normal sink for u to brush ur teeth and fill up ur kettle or wateva. oh and take a kettle = good idea for making tea/coffee/2 min noodles in emergencies.... no need to tell ny1 ur takin one tho coz then every1 will bug u.

yes i had to do the personality test.... no one is testing ur knowledge, they r there to tell YOU wat kind of person u r...n b sure to take it with u, coz they will teach u more about wat it all means, and take care of it coz u can put that on ur resume/cover letter when u apply for a job.

hope that answers all ur questions.

BEST OF LUCK!!! HAVE FUN!!! and once again, if u hav ny questions, lemme know!

HSC
ohhhhhhh dude ................. the UBS finance Academy was only THE BEST WEEK EVER lol
the best group of people ever aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D I LOVE IT !!!!!!
.....................basket case who r u lol
am Angela do u no me??

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
elmo rox!! :D said:
ohhhhhhh dude ................. the UBS finance Academy was only THE BEST WEEK EVER lol
the best group of people ever aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D I LOVE IT !!!!!!
.....................basket case who r u lol
am Angela do u no me??
Thats nice to hear! I told you guys u wud hav a blast!!! and one suggestion: keep in touch with the ppl u met there... they wud b a good help in the future!

HSC
yeah we are all gonna keep in touch we made a huge email list which apparently everyone put their name on and UBS is gonna email it to us real sooon

thanks for your help !!

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
yeah we got that list too... but ive hardly kept in touch... mayb only with one or two ppl... lol

and your most welcome!

HSC
lol random i no but we also go Miles lol
he was SO funny
lol
and yes the college food is still CRAP lol
:D UBS 08 whoooo lol

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
lol random i no but we also go Miles lol
he was SO funny
lol
and yes the college food is still CRAP lol
:D UBS 08 whoooo lol
haha yeh food is crap... thts y i stil liv at home lol nahh juz kiddin

lol did miles show you his "typical working day" with pics of him in his pjs n the beer on his desk in the middle of the nite?

n since ur in yr 11, u can apply for cadetships/traineeships and co-op scholarships in accounting and/or finance for nxt yr! pm me if u need info! ther is also a thread for accounting cadetships on bos so u cud check that out too!

ooo and who is ur mentor? lol i havnt replied to my mentor's email in like 3 months. lol. better do that now...dnt kno wat excuse im gna make up! lol

Last edited:

HSC
lol yes he did lol funny guy that one lol i love the way he tells you about it woth the straightest face ever lol
lol i dont think he apprecitated it too much wen at the final presentation tot he UBS staff at the grduation dinner we said we learnt that investment bankers have no lifes lol ..... but then it is hard to tell with him lol
theres this video on youtube of the pokemon song rewoked in to a UBS one .... was that your year ?
thanks i will check out the accounting stuff sounds good
my mentor is claudia wadsworth ... sahe hasnt contacted me yet lol so i think that she doesnt really want to mentor lol
dont know who she is either lol

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
lol yes he did lol funny guy that one lol i love the way he tells you about it woth the straightest face ever lol
lol i dont think he apprecitated it too much wen at the final presentation tot he UBS staff at the grduation dinner we said we learnt that investment bankers have no lifes lol ..... but then it is hard to tell with him lol
theres this video on youtube of the pokemon song rewoked in to a UBS one .... was that your year ?
thanks i will check out the accounting stuff sounds good
my mentor is claudia wadsworth ... sahe hasnt contacted me yet lol so i think that she doesnt really want to mentor lol
dont know who she is either lol
OMGGGGGGGGGGG i didnt know it was on youtube!!! omg yes that is my year, and that is infact my group presenting! LMAO... it was so funny.. u can see me on the right of the screen there in the "black suit and lime green tie".... trust me the video doesnt do my good looks justice lmao jkz.

and yes im sure he wudnt appreciate it coz its true - they srsly hav NO lives! lmao... they work like 18 hrs a day as u cud see from miles' schedule! i think thts only for pure investment bankers ie people who do all the research behind IPO's and Mergers and Acquisitions. but if u work in equities for example, its big money and hours are not so bad either!

with the mentor thingy, ur mentor's email address is probably firstname.lastname@ubs.com.au so u can email her if u want. my mentor didnt contact me either, n so after a few months i emailed shannon turnbull asking if she could give me his details, n next thing u kno my mentor emailed me sayin sorry n all for not contacting me earlier lol.....

HSC
LOL i thought it may have been because alan and sharon were saying that last r sung a song and i was hilarious. half of our group prsentation is also on there lol we found it so amuzing lol we were cacking ourselves duringthe inside jks and the UBS staff and the parents were like OK then LOL there is also a couple of others the dysfuctional group 4 ones are shockers LOL
lol and likely story to ur good look comment lol jks.
and thanks for the mentor thing i will prob email either her or shannon at some point lol
lol it was truely the funniest and best week ever lol

Failure_123

HSC
OMGGGGGGGGGGG i didnt know it was on youtube!!! omg yes that is my year, and that is infact my group presenting! LMAO... it was so funny.. u can see me on the right of the screen there in the "black suit and lime green tie".... trust me the video doesnt do my good looks justice lmao jkz.

and yes im sure he wudnt appreciate it coz its true - they srsly hav NO lives! lmao... they work like 18 hrs a day as u cud see from miles' schedule! i think thts only for pure investment bankers ie people who do all the research behind IPO's and Mergers and Acquisitions. but if u work in equities for example, its big money and hours are not so bad either!

with the mentor thingy, ur mentor's email address is probably firstname.lastname@ubs.com.au so u can email her if u want. my mentor didnt contact me either, n so after a few months i emailed shannon turnbull asking if she could give me his details, n next thing u kno my mentor emailed me sayin sorry n all for not contacting me earlier lol.....
What if you don't nothing in the area of finance?!?!?!? and the presentation is going to be embarrassing in front of everyone.

mr2yen

HSC
I went last year, best week of my life. My group won the presentation :) Umm it doesn't matter if you don't know anything about finance, it is a learning experience, I certainly didn't have a damn clue what UBS was before i got there.

rockstar21

HSC
Hey!!

Just got my letter back for UBS 09. Anyone else going?

tungieslam

HSC
Omg, hey I'm going too. I'm soo excited but i really don't know what i've gotten myself into. Presentation, parents? Are you kidding me? Where are you from? Vic?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)