UBS Finance Academy? (1 Viewer)

elmo rox!! :D

HSC
congrats you guys ..... i also went last year and it truely is the best week everrrrrr :D
the presentation isnt that bad .... by the time you get to it the atmosphere is so relaxed its like your just talking to old mates
enjoy every minute of it because it goes way too fast
also try to get an email list going .... its good to keep in touch afterwards
best week ever
if anyone wants to ask any questions about it im quite happy to answer
have fun :D

Feisty

HSC
Hey! I'm going this year too and i'm so excited, the only thing im worried about is not making friends, i really dont want to be a lonely one. And, we're gunna be there for one week so it obviously means there's a lot of clothes and stuff to bring, im just wondering whether when u went did anyone else bring heaps of clothes????

HSC
i think everybody goes there thinking they will be the dumb one or will have no friends, but it doesnt take long to realise that the group of people are amazing
you come away with 49 new friends, who in my opinion are the best group of people i have ever met.
i quite possibly took the most clothes out of everbody lol
when i went they gave us a hoodie which we wore for most of the time, so you may want to take that in to consideration
but make sure you have business attire for the graduation and possibly the mentor function
it was soooo cold while we were there so also take warm clothes. but the college, if your staying at Dunmore Lang, had plenty of blankets.
But yer i brought mass amounts and it was all good :D
have fun :)

mzIKEA

HSC
Ayy ;)

thought i'd join this convo. . .
im going to UBS this year.
haha i think i might pack to much clothes, being the kinda person i am.
anyways. im coming from canberra. anyone else from canberra coming ?
this week is gonna pretty sweet!

xO.

tungieslam

HSC
I'm pretty excited about this week myself, but no one else is from Victoria. They better not have the Swine Flu and not come, that won't be much fun. I have to catch a plane over on my own. How scary is that. I'm glad, i found this site.
Elmo Rox, okay, business attire, define that. I'm thinking, black formal or can it be any colour? semi formal....
Oh and any of you taking your school work? I'm thinking yes but i wonder if we will have time.

HSC
hi tungieslam
business attire, basically for the guys a suit
for the chicks, some had suits but just a skirt or nice pants and shirt, as in a collared one and if you want a jacket. heels are good too ..... but it really depends on your personal style.
honestly you could have time for school work but you wont want to do it. try and do it before you go if you can it makes things more relaxed and there is a small amount of work towards the week in preparation for the grad night.
there should be 22 from Vic so your not the only one
last year when i got to the airport .... i came from melbs ..... the supervisor ... alan was holding a UBS sign ...... and everybody is on their own so your not the only one :)

tungieslam

HSC
thanks so much. The supervisor will have a sign. thank goodness
so formal business attire, that's great, i get to dress up.
Won't want to do school work, do i ever?
Anyways thankyou heaps, i'm so excited now.

shoeaddiikt

HSC
Hi, I'm going to the 09 UBS Finance Academy and I just read through this whole thread!

My name is Natasha and I'm from Melbourne. I'm super excited and I can't wait to meet you all. Of course, just like everyone else, I'm so scared that I'll get laughed at for not knowing anything about finance; and I'm terrified of making no friends! I'm also terrified of not being able to get to a shower in the morning, but that's another matter.

If any of you see a short fat girl lugging a big leopard-print suitcase at the airport, that will be me.

If anyone wants to add me on msn for a chat before we go, my msn is xylophonic_chicken@hotmail.com

Or you can find me on MySpace at MySpace.com - www.myspace.com/124902842

Can't wait to meet those of you who are going to UBS this year, and thanks sooo much to those of you from previous years who have posted your tips- you've certainly put my mind at ease!

x

tungieslam

HSC
OMG i am now panicking
I can't do this
Ok, dress clothes what is everyone bringing?
how many dress outfits must i bring?
is it 2 or 3, including or not including a dress?
and 23 kilo luggage limit... what am i going to do?
And the people from Vic? are people flying over there to attent the graduation dinner with you?

HSC
OMG i am now panicking
I can't do this
And the people from Vic? are people flying over there to attent the graduation dinner with you?
honestly dont panic ..... once you get there youll be fine ..... have a squiz at the intinerary they sent you .... the mentor canape function is suits etc and so is the grad night ..... that was all we needed to dress up for ..... so two would more than likely be fine .... assuming your doing the same things that we did.

on the grad night there are UBS employees and keynote speakers who attend ..... there is about one for every 3 students ...... so if you dont have a parent there its not like you will be alone.

are you staying at Dunmore Lang College

23 kgs of luggage is loads ...... they have plenty of blankets etc there so you dont need to worry about that stuff ..... does that include carry on baggage because if not .... check out the limit for that I think its around 5 kgs ..... i took loads of stuff and I only had like 15 kilos.

shoeaddiikt

HSC
OMG i am now panicking
I can't do this
I'm probably going to go way over the limit haha... all that happens when you go over a limit is you have to pay more, which you'd have to cover yourself.

For dress clothes i'm bringing a businessy kind of skirt and a suit jacket type of thing and some shirts; and maybe an actual dress or two just in case...

I'm from Victoria, I don't have anyone attending the grad night with me though. Speaking of which, what to wear for the dinner :S ?

x

mzIKEA

HSC
Hey Hey Gawjuzz people. :wave:

im so exited!!!

now this clothes business. lol
for the mentor thingy, i was gonna wear a skirt and business shirt with shoes etc, like semi - formal and then for the grad, i had a jacket, pants, business shirt etc (does that sound alright or ????? )

ahhh so pumped!!!

but yeh help with the clothing, i think i might bring too many clothes, thats the kinda girl i am. lol

anyways can't wait to meet people who are coming.

xO`

shoeaddiikt

HSC
Omg, I'm getting more excited by the day! I don't know how I'm going to sleep Sunday night, I'll probably be super tired come Monday morning.

mzIKEA your outfits sound pretty sorted, I think that's exactly what we're meant to be wearing :)

Trying to find a suit was SO annoying, I even blogged about it!

I can't wait till Monday! Now to continue trying to squish way too many clothes into an oversized suitcase...

See you all soon.

x natasha

Feisty

HSC
OMG i am soooo ready for it!
I'm just wondering if we need to bring a pillow, it might sound weird but when i went to camp at my school we had to bring our own pillow and blanket.
I am so glad that there will be heaps of people there because at first my mum said that she could go but then she couldn't so i'll be there all alone.
After reading all the threads, just curious whether a black and white business dress is over the top?

THNX so much

shoeaddiikt

HSC
It says that pillow is provided along with bedding and a towel... I'm bringing my own towel just in case! And a pillow case, so I don't pick up nasties from the pilllow.
x natasha

HSC
hey

do we need business attire every time we go to UBS?

no they will generally want you to wear your UBS Hoodie which they will give you ..... you will only need business attire for the mentor canape and the graduation dinner
well thats what happened last year anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)