UMAT help required!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vceRanger

HSC
Hi! This is my first post here. :)

I am currently studying for UMAT. Does any of you know which one is the best? I am especially worried :worried: about Section 2 -- I heard that its result can be quite random because the answers are quite - random. :eek:

If you know who offers the best coaching for UMAT, especially Section 2, please PM me or post a reply.

Thank you!

Graphic FX

HSC
Medentry i hear is ok...but expensive...I liked section 2 and got 98. The trick with section 2 is 2 empathise...put ur self in the persons shoes nd imagine how they feel..how would they react..it helps if ur strong in english aswell....

TBU21

HSC
Uni Grad
Section 2 is all about learning the correct mindset (like GFX said) - can't really do a heap of book study for it, but getting out more, meeting new people, doing community service etc. definitely helps. 1 can be improved by improving reading and data interpretation (graphs, tables) speed and doing verbal logic problems/riddles (mensa) and 3 (easiest to improve) through doing lots of non verbal logic problems (mensa). If you want to do a course then MedEntry's the best option, though reading of a computer screen is much different to reading of paper like you do
in the exam.

vceRanger

HSC
Thank you very much for your advices. I was really curious about was the type of questions that are on the Section 2 test and its answers. Do you know which UMAT Prep course has the most accurate one?

beentherdunthat

HSC
vceRanger said:
I am currently studying for UMAT. Does any of you know which one is the best?
LOL
NOW???
It's like 6 months away. But wth study study ;) Good on ya.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
ive been reading umat related material, mainly because i find umat questions fkn boring...umat pract is the defini 4 coma
98.4uai, well done!

vceRanger

HSC
by currently I meant that I am doing the test next year.

No - I am not really studying for UMAT. My mother thinks I should be.

TBU21

HSC
Uni Grad
vceRanger said:
Thank you very much for your advices. I was really curious about was the type of questions that are on the Section 2 test and its answers. Do you know which UMAT Prep course has the most accurate one?
MedEntry is easily the most similar question types to the UMAT (they do use some past questions) - I've seen course material from them, medical-entrance/Dallas and amepp.

Last edited:

Dsouza~nirmala.

HSC
Hi guys I did UMAT in 2007 and I went to Academy Plus for UMAT coaching they have sessions for only $25 for 2 hrs of tutoring. It is in classes and you get questions until the day of the UMAT.
It is wayyy cheaper then any on the other courses and regular.
Next yr I want to do pharmacy/comm I got 99.2 and 253 in my UMAT.... i will keep u posted (I hope i will :S) . If you're interested check out www.vcetuition.com.au

Ellzz

HSC
Personally, i think getting tutoring 4 umat defeats it's purpose.
UMAT is meant to test your general ability- it's not about getting a crap load of tutoring.

I didn't go to a tutor and got 98 4 section 2. I didn't do as well in the other sections, but so be it- i wanted an indication of my general ability without other variables such as tutoring interfering.

Hope this helps you have a more holistic outlook on the umat.

In general; tutoring is overrated. Just study hard and you'll get what you deserve.

vceRanger

HSC
Academy Plus...

What is the median UMAT score from this institution?

jannny

HSC
Ellzz said:
In general; tutoring is overrated. Just study hard and you'll get what you deserve.
How do u study for it? just past questions ye?

Season

HSC
Section two was the section I aced, it was also the section I tried the least on

To be honest I disagreed with a lot of medentry's section two questions, in fact quite often I did badly on them... I aced the real thing though. I thought the preparation for section one and two were good though.

angelasunda

HSC
Umat

i hear that there are sudoku & suraci questions in section 3....this isnt true...is it?

partelephant

Monkey on a Rock
HSC
Re: Umat

angelasunda said:
i hear that there are sudoku & suraci questions in section 3....this isnt true...is it?
Don't know what suraci is but definitely no sudoku. S3 is more about spotting and recognising patterns as opposed to those types of number games.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
TBU21 said:
MedEntry is easily the most similar question types to the UMAT (they do use some past questions) - I've seen course material from them, medical-entrance/Dallas and amepp.
Amepp is crap for section 2

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
I am still peeved from doing Medentry with 2 friends last year - we all missed entry without an interview and many section 2 questions are questionable to say the least - we are all on icarus this year and we can use tests multiple times as well as the support is unbelievable - i get emails from dallas at ridiculous hours whenever i ask for help - the long section 2 type questions are just like last years umat test

M

Season said:
Section two was the section I aced, it was also the section I tried the least on

To be honest I disagreed with a lot of medentry's section two questions, in fact quite often I did badly on them... I aced the real thing though. I thought the preparation for section one and two were good though.

aznboystar

Honourary Azn
HSC
Marinababy said:
I am still peeved from doing Medentry with 2 friends last year - we all missed entry without an interview and many section 2 questions are questionable to say the least - we are all on icarus this year and we can use tests multiple times as well as the support is unbelievable - i get emails from dallas at ridiculous hours whenever i ask for help - the long section 2 type questions are just like last years umat test

M
so where do u send the emails for support again? i forgot.
and they respond instantly?

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Dallas Gibson's Wife said:

M
Err... I love you.

tuberculosis said:
Past papers are destroyed therefore no, they do not have past papers. However, I have been notified that the Medentry question developers do sit the UMAT each year.

cannonbomber

HSC
Ellzz said:
Personally, i think getting tutoring 4 umat defeats it's purpose.
UMAT is meant to test your general ability- it's not about getting a crap load of tutoring.

I didn't go to a tutor and got 98 4 section 2. I didn't do as well in the other sections, but so be it- i wanted an indication of my general ability without other variables such as tutoring interfering.

Hope this helps you have a more holistic outlook on the umat.

that is definitely what ACER had in mind when they first set the UMAT, that it would create a new playing field. But in the years since, coaching places have sprung up, places which actually DO help your preparation, because then there wont be anything unexpected for you in the exam.

To answer your question, medentry and F2F are decent, but avoid dallas at all costs (if they havent been forcibly closed down yet =P)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)