umat/ medicine at Newcastle (1 Viewer)

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i got my letter in the mail yesterday inviting me to an interview there

any tips?

jessum

HSC
i got an interview too!! i was so stoked, coz i really didnt think i would and i so desperately wanted one. now i have to work extra hard in these darned exams so that i can get a decent uai and give myself a chance.
im so exxcited!!
yeh and any tips? what do they ask?
and should i apply for a bonded place?

m111

Define "cynical"
HSC
Ahhh!!! Well done you guys!!! That's no small achievement (and ur givin the rest of us hope... lol) !!! I'm soooo excited for u all!!! Heads down bums up for the HSC now - all the best guys!!!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
actualli lexi.. med schools do teach u to alter ure personality.. within physiological limits :p all good unis hav comprehensive behaviour subjects..
Yeah but they can't just take someone who is completely unsuitable and mould them into superdoc...you need to be within the margins so to speak.

Good luck everyone! I think the best advice I can really give after going through the interview last year is BE YOURSELF. Don't try to cover up your inadequacies by airbrushing your achievements, they'll see through you in a moment. It's much better to show them that you know your limitations and weaknesses, and can address them seriously.

Also, try to be comfortable. They're very friendly up in steeltown (must be the wine) and you've got nothing to be afraid of. Loosen up, tell a joke, make friends with your interviewers.

Last edited:

vicksta

HSC
Thanks lexi, thats helpful. I mean, i think i can do it, and I think im good doctor material, but i guess my parents are just thinking what would be best for me, etc etc blah blah. I'll do the interview...and take it from there...heheh i prob wont even get in!!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Heh, morbid outlook. :p

Last year I knew I wouldn't get in (what with an abysmal UAI prediction) but I got excited about it anyway. Even if you don't get an offer first time, just doing the interview is an excellent experience. If nothing else, it'll help you decide whether you're what they're looking for - and if you are, then it'll help you prepare for next time.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
hell yeah, especially when you gotta travel a bitch of a long distance to get to one interview, you start re-evaluating how much you really want to do the course.
Of course that's just my opinion, but yeah it could be worth it in the end.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Hey, I did it last year. Took forever on the train (I watched The Italian Job on my laptop :D) but I got there, and it was worth the trip. Yes, even the bit where I had to wait forty minutes at Strathfield for the connecting train, finally getting home about 2100 with only ONE DAY to pack for a six week overseas holiday.

Outer Newcastle is pretty, they have more trees than UTS.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
everywhere has more trees than UTS.. manhattan has more trees than UTS.. :|

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Hmm...nobody told me about a swamp.

We do have trees...they're behind the tower. We're getting more when they knock down the TAFE next year. Manhattan only has more trees than UTS because it's a friggin ISLAND with PARKS on it.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Lexicographer said:
Hmm...nobody told me about a swamp.
I don't think there is a swamp anymore. I think there may have been one before they built the University though:(.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Merethrond said:
I don't think there is a swamp anymore. I think there may have been one before they built the University though:(.
the university was built on a swamp.. the inhabitants of said swamp just hung around to create a general pain in the ass!!!

but i was happy with myself yesterday.. i think i must have made some sort of hole in the mosquito population... maybe...

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
PrincessSJ said:
the university was built on a swamp.. the inhabitants of said swamp just hung around to create a general pain in the ass!!!

but i was happy with myself yesterday.. i think i must have made some sort of hole in the mosquito population... maybe...
Haha, nice:cool:!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
:p the killing on that one is so easy I won't even bother.

For those who are interested, my interview is no longer on at the same time as my biochemistry exam. I am now expected in Gosford (changed locations) on 8 December.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Lexicographer said:
:p the killing on that one is so easy I won't even bother.

For those who are interested, my interview is no longer on at the same time as my biochemistry exam. I am now expected in Gosford (changed locations) on 8 December.
Thats the day of my transfer interview!! sweeeeet!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)