uni stories (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
are you serious? you need id just to get into the library? we only need it to use the computers, or to get access to the information common (this big room with lots of computers) after 10pm weeknights...
that would suck!

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by RCMasterAA
I've been into the UTS Haymarket library without any ID before...
must' ve been ages ago, then... coz they changed it around the middle of last year

MoNNiE

HSC
the library gates are evil.... it tried to take my bag this morning

santaslayer

HSC
coz i went to the uts library one day but right in front of the stoopid door with 2 big security guards..........i got scared and ran away!

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Dingo2004
whats so good about shanghai??
bangkok is way better
well, i dind't say tis any good either... jsut that... i dunno, so many pplz seem to have formed a strong opinion of it some how...

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
lolz... iwent to uts like twice... neva bothered to try to find out where the library is... =)

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
back to topic, yes there seem to be alpha females in most courses, i call them "keen beans" and if you have 2, one is the "team leader". And by the end of the year, everyone will know them, and most will hate tem, but they do provide entertainment and answer questions when no one else will.
And there is always someone who thinks they know more than the lecturers, mature aged students are particularly bad at this, and often get into arguments that are way off topic, and as stupid irrelevant question in lectures and are uber annoying!!!

I think UAI has nothing to do with common sense, you can get a hundred UAI but not be able to find your way into uni, have no idea how the train system works, not know how to talk to ppl, not be able to make it in the wide open world. Or you can get a * for your UAI but be so charming and persuasive that u end up as the CEO of a multimillion dollar company. The HSC is not a measure of ones worth.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I know a girl who got a UAI of 99.25 and I am going to avoid driving with her ever again... Oh Zeus, I feared for my life! Such horrible, horrible driving - a severe lack of common sense!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
thats it, i know lots of people that got ^ uai's, it doesnt mean they have any life skills.
i would prefer to be a well rounded person with a moderate uai, than someone with a ^ uai who can barely live in the real world.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I'd rather be a person with a ^ UAI and a well rounded person with common sense :D

Ribbon

I'd like to be someone with a 100 UAI who looks like a model, is really friendly, down to earth and easy going AND has as much common sense as anyone else...

but for now i'll just settle for a bit of common sense :)

*fingers crossed for my next life*

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
lol, i know a girl who was in the year above us, got a UAI of like 99.xx and has no social skills whatsoever, probably couldnt figure out how to get to the next town or even bake a cake.

Ribbon

like 3+ People in my law classes asked me to help them figure out thier timetables!

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
Originally posted by Mambomeg
you can get a * for your UAI but be so charming and persuasive that u end up as the CEO of a multimillion dollar company. The HSC is not a measure of ones worth.
nor is the amount of money you/your company makes.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
Well, for me it was an officer from BOS. So you both had strange supervisors...
HSC? yeah the same with us, BOS people, some ladies employed by the BOS

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by Mambomeg
I think UAI has nothing to do with common sense, you can get a hundred UAI but not be able to find your way into uni, have no idea how the train system works, not know how to talk to ppl, not be able to make it in the wide open world. Or you can get a * for your UAI but be so charming and persuasive that u end up as the CEO of a multimillion dollar company. The HSC is not a measure of ones worth.
my ex got a * UAI in 2001, and like you said, he's charming and persuasive (lol) and he's got a good job and probably earns more than my dad o__O;;;

and yeah (i don't mean to offend anyone here), most of the asian 4u maths students in my year got >95... and honestly, talking to them is like talking to a brick wall, even when talking in chinese. i'm not saying that everyone who gets over 95 is unsociable etc, but a high UAI doesn't necessarily mean that youre going to be more successful than someone who didn't get a high uai :p

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
on original topic: In physics the lecturer usually does somthing 'interesting' on a friday, last week we were talking about pet bottle pressure rockets and he fired one into the crowd but the angle was to low and it hot someone in the eye and gave them a mild black eye. the week before he broke a block of wood martial arts style to demonstrate impluse, what a legend.

karnevil

HSC
Here's my "I'm an arrogant asshole" complaint

I hate people who ask questions in accounting tutes and make it blatantly obvious that

a) they didnt do business studies in the HSC

b) they didnt do their readings before attempting no-brainer questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)