unit choices 4 yr 12 (1 Viewer)

sarahpettigrove

HSC
Ok I'm in yr 11 this year and i do 3 unit math, 3 unit english, japanese, chemistry, music, and one unit of religion(compulsory.... waste of time!)
so next year i wanna do 4 units of english and four units of math and i'm dropping japanese.
my problem is that i don't know if starting off with 13 units is too much and ill kill myself with doing both ext 2 math and eng?
please help me make up my mind!:confused: :bomb:

Sofstar

HSC
If you start off with 13u then u can drop later throughout year 12. You got some pretty heavy subjects there though.

((bron))

HSC
My best friend started off doing 4 units of maths and english plus economics, biology and chemisty.
She's the like smartest girl alive, but she couldn't really handle doing 4 units of maths and English.
So she dropped maths all together...
She was the only one in the whole school doing that...
If that's any help??

skinnier

HSC
youve probably heard this over and over but its true. if u like the subjects then nothing else matters. if u like it then it wont seem like ur wasting alot of time and it will be alot easier

darknlite

HSC
You shouldn't stress too much. I think that you can like pikc up the 13 units for now and then just see how it goes, i am doing 14 units for the first few weeks of school and choosing whether to maintain it because i am also doing 4 unit english and maths but i dropped chem. Somehow my teacher persuaded me to keep alongside with it so i listened to him. You decided to do 4 Unit maths and english and that has a lot of work load but you got to be committed regardless of that both of them require lots of work and commitment so either way stick to 13 units for now and see how things unfold.

zizou10-5

HSC
how is studies of religion a waste of time, i'm picking it up, even htough i missed 3/4 of a year, i'm willing to catch up. Studies of religion is so fun. i'm doin 3 u maths, legal studies, economics, advanced english. :)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
zizou10-5 said:
how is studies of religion a waste of time, i'm picking it up, even htough i missed 3/4 of a year, i'm willing to catch up. Studies of religion is so fun. i'm doin 3 u maths, legal studies, economics, advanced english. :)
For you it is, but I find SOR an absolute waste of time.

For the threadstarter, go with the 13 units for now, but if you find out that you cannot cope with the subjects or other factors, then ou can always drop down.

Evercursed

Troubled Thinker
HSC
I'm doing 14 Units, with 2 Unit Visual Arts (Accelerated), 4 Unit Maths, 4 Unit English, Chem and Modern History. It's going to kill me but hey, it works because Chem gives a moderately light workload. In short, pick courses with few assessment tasks and you'll do fine.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
4u English and 4u maths at the same time are definitely doable, there are people doing that. Just try anyway, you can always drop, can't you? :)

Jono_2007

My fingers are slowly slipping off a cliff!....HEL
HSC
Evercursed said:
I'm doing 14 Units, with 2 Unit Visual Arts (Accelerated), 4 Unit Maths, 4 Unit English, Chem and Modern History. It's going to kill me but hey, it works because Chem gives a moderately light workload. In short, pick courses with few assessment tasks and you'll do fine.
But Chemistry is a demanding subject. It requires alot of effeort and it is considered the most difficult science subject. sure it scales well, but only if you can achieve a good mark in it.

JONO

HSC
im gonna do 12 units, 7 units of history (including SAC), 3 units of english and hospitality - i hate hospitality but i want the certificates

Evercursed

Troubled Thinker
HSC
Jono_2007 said:
But Chemistry is a demanding subject. It requires alot of effeort and it is considered the most difficult science subject. sure it scales well, but only if you can achieve a good mark in it.

JONO
Not so much effort if you know what they're talking about. :rofl:

RiCkiE

HSC
It's demanding for me i've got no idea what my teacher's going on about. It's fun blowing stuff up in the practicals though. And you're seriously going for 14 units?! You're going to go insane...leave a spot open in EE2 for me :p

RiCkiE

HSC
yeah but 12 units is still quite a bit isnt it?

sarahpettigrove

HSC
is anyone doing 4 unit eng and maths at the moment? what's it like? i know that ill probly drop the english ext cause itll be too much damn hard work and im a tad lasy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)