UNSW Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
Re: UNSW Chit Chat Thread 2015.

well there is O-Week when no offical classes run so you could find out where your classes are before hand

and that's not a problem. lectures and tutorials start 5 past and conclude 5 to giving you 10 minutes between classes (for walking, getting coffee/food, etc)

personally I like having consecutive lessons
Okay that's good! Yeah i think on the first day of O-week I might just go around and find all my classes before i engage in the fun.

hmmm any tips for uni?

CaptainPrice

HSC

Square, you're always on bos, how can you still survive at uni?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

Okay that's good! Yeah i think on the first day of O-week I might just go around and find all my classes before i engage in the fun.

hmmm any tips for uni?
this thread may help: http://community.boredofstudies.org...sion/333148/if-you-were-first-year-again.html

Square, you're always on bos, how can you still survive at uni?
I barely scraped by 1st year tbh. when uni resumes I will be limiting my time on BoS and replacing it with work and actually studying lol

CaptainPrice

HSC
HSC

this thread may help: http://community.boredofstudies.org...sion/333148/if-you-were-first-year-again.html

I barely scraped by 1st year tbh. when uni resumes I will be limiting my time on BoS and replacing it with work and actually studying lol
I think first year will be a bummer for most people and there marks probably won't be reflective of their legitimate and actual attitudes as they're still in holiday mode and because of the common misconception that goes around where first year is "high school revision" and a bit extra.

Last edited:

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

I think first year will be a bummer for most people and there marks probably won't be reflective of their legitimate and actual attitudes as there still in holiday mode and because of the common misconception that goes around where first year is "high school revision" and a bit extra.
yes definitely. When I came into PHYS1121, my attitude was "this is all high school stuff, I don't need to study" and I was still in "HSC-mode" where I thought I didn't have to do much to get decent results and tbh I didn't do much study. nek min fail and have to do the course again and it also stuffed up the flow of my degree

but yeah you should definitely take 1st year more seriously

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

this is probably the most helpful I've been in any thread ever lol

CaptainPrice

HSC

I hope that doesn't happen to me, I'm aiming for full hardcore mode (highest WAM I can achieve), create a decent amount of leeway in case future me is partying' too much (doubt it)

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

I hope that doesn't happen to me, I'm aiming for full hardcore mode (highest WAM I can achieve), create a decent amount of leeway in case future me is partying' too much (doubt it)
engineering parties LOL

HSC

yes definitely. When I came into PHYS1121, my attitude was "this is all high school stuff, I don't need to study" and I was still in "HSC-mode" where I thought I didn't have to do much to get decent results and tbh I didn't do much study. nek min fail and have to do the course again and it also stuffed up the flow of my degree

but yeah you should definitely take 1st year more seriously
Yeah i will be, especially after i found out that WAM is the accumulation of your marks in the entirety of the degree.
hahaha same, hopefully maximum WAM attainable

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

Yeah i will be, especially after i found out that WAM is the accumulation of your marks in the entirety of the degree.
yep it is. iirc level 1 courses are treated differently or something to higher level courses or something

but also remember to enjoy your time at uni :D

HSC

yep it is. iirc level 1 courses are treated differently or something to higher level courses or something

but also remember to enjoy your time at uni :D
What's iirc?
What's level 1 courses and etc?

CaptainPrice

HSC

engineering parties LOL
Yes.

My future indian buddies and I will drink sherbet till the night's dusk. We will help each other study and learn difficult concepts.

And if things get a bit more frisky, maybe we'll even bring out the lan cables for a bit of fun ;)

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

What's iirc?
What's level 1 courses and etc?
iirc == if I remember correctly // do you even internet?

level 1: something like http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/courses/2015/PHYS1131.html
level 2: http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/courses/2015/MTRN2500.html
level 3: http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/courses/2015/MTRN3500.html
level 4: http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/courses/2015/MTRN4230.html

it's just the 1st number in the course code

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

Yes.

My future indian buddies and I will drink sherbet till the night's dusk. We will help each other study and learn difficult concepts.

And if things get a bit more frisky, maybe we'll even bring out the lan cables for a bit of fun ;)
okay then

HSC
Uni Grad

Yup, just a warning to those doing engineering or a discipline that requires physics - PHYS1121/1131 will be the death of your first year unless if you spend a considerable amount of time studying/leeching quiz answers off others and actually doing past papers in order to prep for the final exam.

Iirc, I spent a good two weeks from knowing almost nothing to getting a near HD by studying around 1-2 past papers a day. And that seriously paid off. So as I said, spend considerable time during week 13/stuvac as it's very helpful - if you pass the final its better than having to do the supplementary (which is harder).

CaptainPrice

HSC

Square pls don't judge, it's been a compsci dream of mine since a few months back

Writing algorithms by leaning on to each other, solving highly complex discrete maths problems under the trees

So please, and UNSW doesn't judge

CaptainPrice

HSC

Yup, just a warning to those doing engineering or a discipline that requires physics - PHYS1121/1131 will be the death of your first year unless if you spend a considerable amount of time studying/leeching quiz answers off others and actually doing past papers in order to prep for the final exam.

Iirc, I spent a good two weeks from knowing almost nothing to getting a near HD by studying around 1-2 past papers a day. And that seriously paid off. So as I said, spend considerable time during week 13/stuvac as it's very helpful - if you pass the final its better than having to do the supplementary (which is harder).
I was nearly going to pick up Physics, settled for statistical maths or computational design instead :)

I didn't want to die in my first semester haha

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

Square pls don't judge, it's been a compsci dream of mine since a few months back

Writing algorithms by leaning on to each other, solving highly complex discrete maths problems under the trees

So please, and UNSW doesn't judge
wat

I can't judge if I don't understand what you're saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)