UNSW Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreditor16

HSC
Re: UNSW Chit Chat Thread 2015.

prob not cause theres certain conditions for you to be entitled to concession, if you hold concession then u'll get the opal meme
what are the conditions?

HSC

prob not cause theres certain conditions for you to be entitled to concession, if you hold concession then u'll get the opal meme
I think that the only conditions are for you to be studying at uni and the uni you're attending to be listed for eligibility. Then you just fill out forms with UNSW and then order your concession card from the opal website

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC

I think that the only conditions are for you to be studying at uni and the uni you're attending to be listed for eligibility. Then you just fill out forms with UNSW and then order your concession card from the opal website
There's more than that, just because you go to uni doesn't necessarily make you eligible for concession.

photastic

HSC

There's more than that, just because you go to uni doesn't necessarily make you eligible for concession.
So what are the conditions to be eligible?

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC

then u can tell us what?
Off the top of my head, you have to have a certain load/certain amount of days at uni to receive the concession sticker, can't remember the details exactly best to ask FM Assist during o-week or something

HSC

Seriously? Because the link i posted just says this

Who can apply for a Concession Opal card?
You can apply for and travel with a Concession Opal card if you meet the following criteria:

You are an Australian citizen (or permanent resident of Australia)
You live in NSW
You're a full time internal student at a tertiary institution that has completed the preparations required to be able to share student information with Transport for NSW
You've agreed to the Opal terms of use and given your consent for your tertiary institution to share your information with Transport for NSW

mreditor16

HSC

Seriously? Because the link i posted just says this

Who can apply for a Concession Opal card?
You can apply for and travel with a Concession Opal card if you meet the following criteria:

You are an Australian citizen (or permanent resident of Australia)
You live in NSW
You're a full time internal student at a tertiary institution that has completed the preparations required to be able to share student information with Transport for NSW
You've agreed to the Opal terms of use and given your consent for your tertiary institution to share your information with Transport for NSW
exactly. I highly doubt the minimum load/days is legit.

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC

You guys are getting confused, we're talking about 2 different things. I'm referring about concession in general, you're referring to the opal card. You'll be able to get the card just as long as you tick those things!

CaptainPrice

HSC

Should I order an Opal card now? Or wait until the concession versions roll out? (I'm fairly sure I'll be eligible for concessions: living in GWS, 90min commuting etc)

D94

HSC
N/A

You guys are getting confused, we're talking about 2 different things. I'm referring about concession in general, you're referring to the opal card. You'll be able to get the card just as long as you tick those things!
The criteria fits basically all local full time students: http://www.transportnsw.info/en/tickets/concessions/student-child/tertiary-student.page

Simply:
-Australian or have a PR
-live in NSW whilst studying
-at an authorised university
-full time student

You are making it out to be only a select group of students who are able to receive concession...

Last edited:

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC

The criteria fits basically all local full time students: http://www.transportnsw.info/en/tickets/concessions/student-child/tertiary-student.page

Simply:
-Australian or have a PR
-live in NSW whilst studying
-at an authorised university
-full time student

You are making it out to be only a select group of students who are able to receive concession...
you can talk semantics all day I was just replying to "All UNSW students will get it" which ain't true bruv

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

Should I order an Opal card now? Or wait until the concession versions roll out? (I'm fairly sure I'll be eligible for concessions: living in GWS, 90min commuting etc)
Why would you order and opal card and pay the full adult fee lol

photastic

HSC

Yeah but you have to pay the adult fee for as long as you use it
paper concession is still cheaper as of now lol
True but some peoples concession card expired though

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

Wat

I am pretty sure they are valid up to when you get them, which is like feb/march
I thought this too

at school I got it in a few weeks when it started and it expired in march last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)