Unsw co-op 2009 (1 Viewer)

LordPc

HSC
are you serious

so now that i have secured an interview (and i have good internal marks/ranks), they don't care about the final ATAR?

bloody awesome

thanks mate
LordPc said:
if you have a great interview then you are given a conditional offer, not a scholarship.

the offer of the full scholarship is conditional on you receiving an ATAR high enough.
http://community.boredofstudies.org/589/general-university-new-south-wales/226935/query.html

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
are you serious

so now that i have secured an interview (and i have good internal marks/ranks), they don't care about the final ATAR?

bloody awesome

thanks mate
they do care about final atar. but that must over 95.7 or meet the requiement of your degree

untouchablecuz

HSC
ah ok, so as long as you make the hurdle of 95.7, your good

sweetttt

thanks guys :eek:

Agent48

HSC
Do you guys think that combining another degree to your Co-op degree is possible?
I know they allow double degrees now, but I am not sure that if you manage to get the scholarship for one degree; then can you combine it with another degree?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Do you guys think that combining another degree to your Co-op degree is possible?
I know they allow double degrees now, but I am not sure that if you manage to get the scholarship for one degree; then can you combine it with another degree?
I am pretty sure u need to negotiate once u get the scholarship but it's very very difficult

Akaru-Hime

Rawr~
HSC
Hmm...did anyone get finance WITHOUT having finance as they first pref?
Yes. Finance was also my second preference. But I kept on mentioning in the application itself that I would really like finance blah blah blah ...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Yes. Finance was also my second preference. But I kept on mentioning in the application itself that I would really like finance blah blah blah ...
hmmmm >.<
i guess that's the case then. i focused on actuarial too much! i even said i would like to be an actuary...and finance was like my 3rd so i guess :(

ohh well, 2 interview offers are already good enough.

Akaru-Hime

Rawr~
HSC
They said that they were considering it for this year. But it's mostly likely to be between different types of engineering or engineering/commerce...essentially degrees that are currently already offered with co-op and more or less ones that correlate somewhat to the degree you're currently holding the scholarship with.

As for ones like commerce/law, they said that it would most likely be a no (damn T___T). But it really is after negotiation with your sponsor in... the 2nd year, I believe. ^^ I don't think you can do it in your first year. =\

Oh~ and btw, they won't be giving you the money for the extra years that you're holding the second degree with. >.< (LOL)

Last edited:

Akaru-Hime

Rawr~
HSC
hmmmm >.<
i guess that's the case then. i focused on actuarial too much! i even said i would like to be an actuary...and finance was like my 3rd so i guess :(

ohh well, 2 interview offers are already good enough.
It is~ Well done. ^^ Did you put ISM second? ... because I put actuarial and finance as 1st and 2nd ... and unless they actually do give 3rd and 4th offers, I believe that they mostly prefer to give you the top two that you want. =\

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
It is~ Well done. ^^ Did you put ISM second? ... because I put actuarial and finance as 1st and 2nd ... and unless they actually do give 3rd and 4th offers, I believe that they mostly prefer to give you the top two that you want. =\
ye....oh well

i think UNSW is trying to accommodate as many students as possible because with GFC, demand = remains same whereas supply = gone downhill (my limited eco knowledge haha!)

so far i have never heard anyone with 3 or more offers...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
with accounting, since number of positions is relatively high, there should be lots of interviewees.

Akaru-Hime

Rawr~
HSC
lol. . .

do you know anyone else who got co-op from drdu?
Noone... I don't really know anyone who applied and I haven't contacted them yet. >.<

However, I called up my NSG friend last night, and she got actuarial studies too! ^^
It seems like a lot of people I know, or are talking to, got Actuarial studies. I have another friend who also got Finance. ^^

Akaru-Hime

Rawr~
HSC
with accounting, since number of positions is relatively high, there should be lots of interviewees.
I'm not sure if it's that high... I saw the list for last year and it was rather low in comparison to actuarial and finance. =S Maybe around 6-7, methinks ....

I think the accounting people usually look towards BAcc as opposed to Co-op ... I was under the impression that BAcc was better... ??? But Co-op has less people so it's harder to get into .... O_O

I think I should shut up now before I say something I regret. =.=;;

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ooo

do you know how many positions? ? ?
it was 11 last year (most number for commerce apart from BIT)

but it traditionally remained as high 10 so i reckon 50-60 interviewees? (considering 3-4 interviewees = 1 position)

vivien023

HSC
it was 11 last year (most number for commerce apart from BIT)

but it traditionally remained as high 10 so i reckon 50-60 interviewees? (considering 3-4 interviewees = 1 position)
O.O
great. =/

so do they have a lot of interviews happening at the same time?

Cause i thought it was just one interview at a time and that would mean about 15 in that one day. . .

guess not xD

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I'm not sure if it's that high... I saw the list for last year and it was rather low in comparison to actuarial and finance. =S Maybe around 6-7, methinks ....

I think the accounting people usually look towards BAcc as opposed to Co-op ... I was under the impression that BAcc was better... ??? But Co-op has less people so it's harder to get into .... O_O

I think I should shut up now before I say something I regret. =.=;;
you do have a point (about other accounting opportunities)...

but i am not too sure about BAcc > Co-op...it really depends because both have cons and pros.

According to current Coop scholar, Actuarial is only like 9-10 and finance is like 7-8.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
O.O
great. =/

so do they have a lot of interviews happening at the same time?

Cause i thought it was just one interview at a time and that would mean about 15 in that one day. . .

guess not xD
lol...it's simply my estimate based on last years' figures.

THIS YEAR will be different for sure. With GFC, they probably cut a lot of interviewee numbers..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)