UNSW O'Week Feb 24 - 28 (1 Viewer)

mannnnndy

chocoholic
FREE FOOD!!!!! :D:D:D
My friend & I are going around to all the different faculty lunches when we go;) We are gonna be sick:p But apart from that I dont know what else is free

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Dance parties on thursday night of O-Week
be there!

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
FREE FOOD?! I'M SO THERE!

Anybody else wanna pig out with me? (haha, I haven't used that term in yonks. or that one) Unofficial UNSW eating meet :D

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Originally posted by anti
FREE FOOD?! I'M SO THERE!

Anybody else wanna pig out with me? (haha, I haven't used that term in yonks. or that one) Unofficial UNSW eating meet :D
lol ill be there

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I'll be somewhere grabbing the free BBQ lunches, free pancake breakfasts and any other free food my cheapskate eyes havn't found yet ...

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by McLake
I'll be somewhere grabbing the free BBQ lunches, free pancake breakfasts and any other free food my cheapskate eyes havn't found yet ...
Yeah! I'm going for the pancakes, the commerce BBQ and the law BBQ :D

SkAnDi

HSC
we get free food?

My god.

*gets all flustered*

I am, SOOOO there!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
weren't u there for the academic advising day? (a week b4 enrollment), they had free lunches and drinks

kini mini

HSC
Speaking of the more academic bits of o-week for a moment ;)...

Is anyone bothering to go to the talks on individual subjects? There seem to be quite a few listed in the Uniprep booklet, "Studying Finance", "Studying Chemistry" etc etc. I don't know if I can be bothered sincein my experience such talks aren't that useful and there are so many more interesting things on :D.

SkAnDi

HSC
Originally posted by MinAi
weren't u there for the academic advising day? (a week b4 enrollment), they had free lunches and drinks
*sigh*

Alas No! I was in vietnam then, hurray for late enrolment. I hope it won't take me too long, since it's on the first day of o-week!

B

Bambul

Originally posted by kini mini
Speaking of the more academic bits of o-week for a moment ;)...

Is anyone bothering to go to the talks on individual subjects? There seem to be quite a few listed in the Uniprep booklet, "Studying Finance", "Studying Chemistry" etc etc. I don't know if I can be bothered sincein my experience such talks aren't that useful and there are so many more interesting things on :D.
I found them rather interesting. But then again, I knew bugger all when I came to uni, I'm so amazed how much so many of you guy's know, I didn't even know which bus to catch!

I would suggest going to some though, even if just to see what they are like. Once you've seen 2-3, then you can decide whether you are going to ignore them for the rest of O-Week or going to more.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Bambul

I found them rather interesting. But then again, I knew bugger all when I came to uni, I'm so amazed how much so many of you guy's know, I didn't even know which bus to catch!

I would suggest going to some though, even if just to see what they are like. Once you've seen 2-3, then you can decide whether you are going to ignore them for the rest of O-Week or going to more.
LOL ok thanks Bambul, I'll go to a couple then. Catching the bus to UNSW isn't that hard is it? ;)

Then again, for me it's hard to find a bus that doesn't go to UNSW :D

B

Bambul

Originally posted by kini mini

LOL ok thanks Bambul, I'll go to a couple then. Catching the bus to UNSW isn't that hard is it? ;)

Then again, for me it's hard to find a bus that doesn't go to UNSW :D
Yeah, the odds are with you, about 15,000 students catch the bus to UNSW each day. We fund the Sydney Buses network, which is also why the goverment chose not to extend the Bondi Juntion line to UNSW - it would be better, but why pay extra to get the same revenue as before and be stuck with a large stock of buses with a capacity for 15,000 people? If they have to retire a lot of buses, then it would make sense, but it's just not financially viable to have trains all the way to UNSW.

How did Iget to that from talking about O-Week??

Oh, and you get a free can of V in your tour bag. I may tell you some more of the freebies as O-Week approaches. ;)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by Bambul
Oh, and you get a free can of V in your tour bag. I may tell you some more of the freebies as O-Week approaches. ;)
Are you a Yellow Shirt?

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
yay! free V!

do you HAVE to get your diary during O week or is that just an incentive to go? :p

B

Bambul

1. Yes I am a yellow shirt.

2. You don't have to get your diary during O-Week, in fact last year I picked mine up at enrolments. But if comming to O-Week is determined by whether or not you pick up your diary, well...

SoFTuaRiaL

but we ppl werent offered a diary on enrolment , were we??
not that i'm coming to o-wk just for that but ........ its like a bonus ;)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
It's more free stuff, lol.

If I'd bothered going to any open days, I would've picked the uni on how much free stuff they give :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)