UOW offers (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
Tenille said:
no idea, maybe human resources, but my mind could change really easliy, arts no idea.

with commerce you don't really get to pick 1st year subjects right?
ehhh...there are 10 subjects...you only need to do 8 of them....ull be recommended on what to do according to ur majors...

pinoying

HSC
i got into B information & communication technology (business information systems)
these holidays have been super boring so im really lookin forward to starting..

Stasia

pinoying said:
i got into B information & communication technology (business information systems)
these holidays have been super boring so im really lookin forward to starting..
might see you in a few classes

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I'd try and work out your arts major fairly quickly as Arts don't have any core subjects as such which means that your first art subjects will be major specific.

But for a 1st semester doing Commerce, I'd advise probably taking

Buss110
Accy100
Econ111
Mgmt110

But if you decide on your arts major, then i'd drop one of those subjects, mostly Accy100 and replace it with an arts subject.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
will they send me a book that list all the subjects, or is it on the net somewhere?

Spiked_Phate

overloaded student
HSC
Ba Computer Science, and staying at tha ihouse. was my second pref, but im happy. im actually going somewhere this year!, lol

santaslayer

HSC
Without Wings said:
same :)

i still cant understand their complicated timetable online though *grr

lexi, you shoulda come to uow with me!~!
Yeah....do Accounting 1A as well...coz u have to do 1B 2nd session...boring stuff though...

Online timetable...that shouldn't worry you too much yet. Worry about it later after orientation. During orientation you will of picked your subjects. At home go through SOLS (the place where UoW students go online for ALL their uni crap) ...and you should have a shorter and much more concise timetable that is ONLY relavent to YOU.

What you do is go through each course you'll be doing 1st session. that is, read over the brief introduction it provides...(it should be a link)...and from there, you'll see information on your contact hours for that particular subject. it should say crap like:

1L, 2 T, 1S....

some crap like that...
which means 1 hr lecture, 2 hr tute and 1 hour seminar....

from that informTION you should be able to go through the timetable (in SOLS) and work out a decent timetable....

because the uni is undergoing a change in timetabling....your timetable shoud be somewhat flexible....

before it was 1st in 1st served... (easy)

now its a preference systemm....*fuck*

you shopuld understand after orientation....

EDIT: Lexi is GAAAAAAAAY

Last edited:

lexy-kate

Im doing B Communications and Media studies/arts.. my first pref... Dynamic not only are we doing the same course... we also have the same birthday.. is that weird or what?! and weirder still.. i also went to a ghetto school.. well i could be exaggerating but still... *x files music*

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
I accepted my offer from UoW, now I'm stuck there.

omgzergrush taught me a neat trick though, and that trick gave me hope. When you feel the need to leave, maybe you'll get to know this trick. :)

santaslayer

HSC
poloktim said:
I accepted my offer from UoW, now I'm stuck there.

omgzergrush taught me a neat trick though, and that trick gave me hope. When you feel the need to leave, maybe you'll get to know this trick. :)
WTF r u about? :p

Aussiechick

HSC
I got a Bachelor of Arts, my first preference. I'm thinking of doing a double major in english and history.

Guess I'll see my fellow arts students on thursday for the information session!

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Fellow art strudents... there's a few thousand of them :D

nomz

heya! Congratulations to everyone! I got my first preference- Bachelor Science (honors) (Advanced program)- so i was stoked considering initially i didn't even think i'd make it to uni. Can't wait! Should be awesome! Hope to see lots of new faces wandering around at o-week :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
santaslayer said:
You turd. :p
Heh, that's funny coming from the guy who (from memory) was trying to transfer into a Sydney institution. :p

No, I'm happy studying the best Nanotechnology course in the country. And International Studies, though equally interesting, is more useful for me than Law. Especially at UTS. :D

santaslayer

HSC
Lexicographer said:
Heh, that's funny coming from the guy who (from memory) was trying to transfer into a Sydney institution. :p

No, I'm happy studying the best Nanotechnology course in the country. And International Studies, though equally interesting, is more useful for me than Law. Especially at UTS. :D
I was enquiring into the possibilities/avenues of doing so. Not attempting to actually transfer. Anyway, even if I did make an attempt, I would of gone for UNSW only. None of the others interest me, and even then, I wouldn't of had the marks to do so. (even though the UAI decreased dramatically)..*crap* :p

kag86

HSC
N/A
Hey all, I can't wait til Thursday night. I got my 2nd pref for a B/Arts (community and environment) @ UOW but I'm still hoping to get offered a spot at UWS for another course. Seems crazy to be thinking of choosing UWS over UOW but I guess it all depends on what course I'd be happier doing. So anyway i guess I'll be seeing those who are going to UOW on Thurs night!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)