Urgent Questions (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Korn said:
I have to do 3 assignments for 2 subjects and u gotta do 4 all up
But business and nursing are completely different though. Would you like to be treated by a nurse who had only ever done essays with no practical experience?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Cape said:
But business and nursing are completely different though. Would you like to be treated by a nurse who had only ever done essays with no practical experience?
Would u like someone to handle ur finances and money without any practical knowledge?

hehe im just lucky... well think about it... nursing.. its not about essays, its about the skillz we use... and those skillz.. have to be tiptop to pass... so they just give us less assessments :) cos its unnecessary

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Korn said:
Would u like someone to handle ur finances and money without any practical knowledge?
I should have phased it better.

Pracs are essential for all courses, but obviously some courses rely on pracs more than others. Crap, forget it, I have no idea how to say it.

And I have no idea how many essays I have to write, I've lost count.

L

LaraB

natstar said:
Im pretty sure UWS has more international students than any other uni in NSW

i wouldnt be surprised... given that uws total students = 1/5 of all uni students or sumthin? so if we got more to start with and there's international students everywhere! lol wouldnt be surprised...

L

LaraB

natstar said:
I agree that business and nursing are 2 complelty different degrees, you cannot compare them. Business is more theory based. Nursing is practical. how can you practice business without actually doing any work for a real life business? With nursing they do practical and clinicals at real life institutions
yeah i agree:)

im doing business and law and yeah no way would i want someone unqualified to represent me in court or someone who has no idea to hire all my staff for me..

but at the same time - if a nurse gives you the wrong mediciation, you could die...yeh it doesnt happen often but it can happen..

when someone's dealing with my health i'd see that as more inmportant than someone dealing with my business.

i think nurses are like teachers - get way too little credit for what they have to do. Sure, the work at uni may seem easy to some people, but i bet when you get out there into the workforce the pressure and having to remember medical info whlist dealing with people and crappy shifts and crappy pay more than cancels this out!

Gimme an essay over prac work anyday!:)

klh

HSC
i cant believe i missed this....
annyway, i can only add that Cape, you need a *private* form to get a concession, public forms already recognise it. sorry to point that out. not that im trying to piss you orf or anything.
I was also thinking along Natstars lines, uws nursing is very good as it combines practical and theroy very well compared to like usyd nursing, which has now been given to csu.

Maybe you heard that uws rep not the specific schools rep. uws has been said to be crap bt it aint, i cant offer any more arguments since its up to you. other unis have crap schools e.g. unsw is known for engineering while usyd is known to have crap engineering. ofcourse this is from my teacher in hs, i am not fully qualified to say so, jus passing it on...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
ooops ... my bad - sorry. I had my head in a textbook for 7 straight hours yesterday morning so I probably had brain fade :p

klh

HSC
dun worry, just wanted to correct info before someone else does....err well i hope you know what i mean.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
klh said:
dun worry, just wanted to correct info before someone else does....err well i hope you know what i mean.
Don't worry, its all cooles :)

Khypheneight

HSC
Thanks people!!!

I did not expect any replies, and to see all of these replies! WOW!!!
Well, I'm definitely putting UWS as my first preference. I was really looking forward to going there anyway, because of the "smallness"- he, he, probably not a word- of the uni's... I'd prefer small classes to huge classes any day... yeah, I am interested in helping people... I kind of want to do something in Psychology, or work in surgeries... you know those nurses who work beside doctors in surgery rooms? Yeah... I know it's going to be a lot of work, but I'm enthusistic enough and I am so looking forward to Uni cuz high school is getting more boring by the day... I could tolerate it before, but now... I want out!!!

Anyway, thanks again for the replies!!!

L

LaraB

Khypheneight said:
Well, I'm definitely putting UWS as my first preference. I was really looking forward to going there anyway, because of the "smallness"- he, he, probably not a word- of the uni's... I'd prefer small classes to huge classes any day... yeah, I am interested in helping people... I kind of want to do something in Psychology, or work in surgeries... you know those nurses who work beside doctors in surgery rooms? Yeah... I know it's going to be a lot of work, but I'm enthusistic enough and I am so looking forward to Uni cuz high school is getting more boring by the day... I could tolerate it before, but now... I want out!!!

:) keep in mind too, since you'll have uws in your top three, scholarships opportunities - they're a big! help!:)

Angel45

HSC
Khypheneight said:

Hey,

Yeah I've found the classes at UWS r gr8, esp when they're small, and you'll have gr8 fun in them. Every1 is really friendly and the lecturers make an effort to get to know you. I started this yr and I'm having a ball...it's compl. not scary at all! Sounds like your heaps motivated too, which will take u far! Good for you!!

Good luck with your studies and hopefully you'll be part of the UWS BOS family soon. :p

klh

HSC
i dont think there was an offical invite.....more like a party and gatecrashers came...enjoy the party!

Khypheneight

HSC
LaraB said:
:) keep in mind too, since you'll have uws in your top three, scholarships opportunities - they're a big! help!:)
yeah, I've noticed that uws offers more scholarships than any other uni, and that's cool!

Khypheneight

HSC
Angel45 said:
Hey,

Yeah I've found the classes at UWS r gr8, esp when they're small, and you'll have gr8 fun in them. Every1 is really friendly and the lecturers make an effort to get to know you. I started this yr and I'm having a ball...it's compl. not scary at all! Sounds like your heaps motivated too, which will take u far! Good for you!!

Good luck with your studies and hopefully you'll be part of the UWS BOS family soon. :p
Thanks. I rwally want to get out of high school...
It's boring me and I'm SOOO looking forward to uni!!! YAY!!! Can't wait!!! I really do hope I get in...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)