USyd and UTS open day. (1 Viewer)

dumarab

HSC
UTS: has better HEAPS HEAPS HEAPS HEAPS hotter chicks

USYD: is china town and i can't see any hotties

However USYD seems as a more friendly environment.

UNSW i've herd is more of a china town than USYD actually i've herd its the great wall of china so i don't know.

Btw i don't mind asians its just that i like knowing people from different races rather than be dominated by one.

SiN3m

HSC
gloworm14 said:
zommggg i was at the journalism one too!!!
which session did u go to?
i went with my bf and his friend coz i had nothing else to do.

uts one at 10.30...u?

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
SiN3m said:
haha funny.

it really got me wanting to do journalism
yeh the speaker was pretty enthusiastic and funny.
too bad im not really interested in the course lol
the woman who was supposed to be speaking to us at visual communication wasnt there so another dude spoke and he wasnt enthusiastic like the journalism woman was.
were u at the cultural writing or whatever it was called where the woman kept on saying nano as 'narno'?
i dont know which one it was, but the speaker was talking about what open day meant and was giving all these synonyms like 'welcome' and asked the audience what else and this dude put his hand up and said 'welcome' LOL
i swear, was anyone really listening? lol:hammer:

SiN3m

HSC
gloworm14 said:
yeh the speaker was pretty enthusiastic and funny.
too bad im not really interested in the course lol
the woman who was supposed to be speaking to us at visual communication wasnt there so another dude spoke and he wasnt enthusiastic like she was.
were u at the cultural writing or whatever it was called where the woman kept on saying nano as 'narno'?
i dont know which one it was, but the speaker was talking about what open day meant and was giving all these synonyms like 'welcome' and asked the audience what else and this dude put his hand up and said 'welcome' LOL
i swear, was anyone really listening? lol:hammer:

nah journalism was the only non-science session i went to

i was alone in that session while my friend was at international studies...

i ddnt really want to do it but said i'd have a look coz i already have a journalism cert from Tafe... but yeah now i wanna do it, may apply after semester 1 (that is if i go there at all lol)

4unitfreak

HSC
I went to the USyd one; it was fantastic. Loved all of it. I went and watched the Sleek Geeks thing with Dr Karl and Adam Spencer, that was brilliant. I'm friends with the guy who was runner-up in that paper scissors rock comp.:)

HSC
Hey guys, I had to study for assessments and missed the open day (I'm from maitland so going to sydney isnt a quick trip into town).

I was wondering if anyone could give me some reports on the UTS open day, what were the faculties like and what was discussed? I'd really appreciate as much information as I could get.

I went for an interview at a Sydney college on Tuesday. The grounds were beautiful and everyone seemed really friendly, I later popped over to UTS and it looked/felt like a hospital. I really wish I'd worked harder this year :(

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
ehhh everyone bitches about uts's aesthetics. it's not really that bad, its interior is exactly like anything you'd find at macquarie tbh, and its location is killer. also has good lifts :eek:

anyway i pretty much thought the uni day was a bust in terms of helping me figure out what the fuck i want to do, i went to a communication lecture at uts and it made the course less appealing if anything :/ plus so many fucking old people in front of us, that was super distracting, seriously why are there a dozen seventy year olds sitting together :confused:

fly-away

HSC
N/A
Is the UNSW courses careers day opened for yr10-12?
Hmm i should probably go. Might have to take someone with me.

Malysh

Premium Member
HSC
Start early. I think the more you go to these events the better. UNSW is having an open day this saturday (6th September).
I missed the USYD one which was last saturday but im definately going next year.

By the way did anyone go to the TFX seminars?

chriskoss

HSC
Malysh said:
Start early. I think the more you go to these events the better. UNSW is having an open day this saturday (6th September).
I missed the USYD one which was last saturday but im definately going next year.

By the way did anyone go to the TFX seminars?
\

Don't bother, I went to the summer schoool lectures back in January, all they do is read off the booklets they give you, and the booklets are just copy/pasted notes from who knows where that don't even help you 1 bit.

A waste of time for over 500 dollars total cost, worst money I've ever spent.

CJ pim

HSC
Kujah said:
lol, did anyone go see Dr Karl and Adam Spencer?
Ha Ha one of my physics teacher use to date Dr Karl....... :lol:

USyd all the way!!! Totally in love........<3 awsome atmosphere and campus.

MasterOfMarks

HSC
Although both seemed nice I felt that I should've brought a harpoon because of all the whales.

CJ pim

HSC
dumarab said:
UTS: has better HEAPS HEAPS HEAPS HEAPS hotter chicks

USYD: is china town and i can't see any hotties

However USYD seems as a more friendly environment.

UNSW i've herd is more of a china town than USYD actually i've herd its the great wall of china so i don't know.

Btw i don't mind asians its just that i like knowing people from different races rather than be dominated by one.
USYD is like 50/50 (the place is like generally harder to get into for international and local students so there for Usyd is sort of nerdish)
UNSW is more like Asian country (easier to get into for international students)
UTS quite a few asians but their usually hotties

p.s im asian btw

HSC
Judging by USYD/UNSW open days, 50/50 and maybe 80/20 respectively seems accurate. :p

BackCountrySnow

HSC
CJ pim said:
USYD is like 50/50 (the place is like generally harder to get into for international and local students so there for Usyd is sort of nerdish)
UNSW is more like Asian country (easier to get into for international students)
UTS quite a few asians but their usually hotties

p.s im asian btw
nerds can be cute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)