USYD Bachelor Of Science & Doctor Of Medicine (1 Viewer)

Ksalu

>:))
HSC
There is this thread which might be useful.

For MQU clinical science which is the 2 year undegrad degree to get into MQU med, here are some points to note:
- 155 students students in semester 1 of 2023
- Bachelor of Clinical Science students are eligible to receive a 3% bonus to their weighted grade point average (GPA)
- The GPA, along with a Personal Statement and GAMSAT/MCAT, are used to determine offers for an interview.
- 20 med interview spots reserved for clinical science grads out of 100-120 interviews
- 70 spots in MQU doctor of med (smallest medicine course in Australia)
- MQU med is full fee paying

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC

For MQU clinical science which is the 2 year undegrad degree to get into MQU med, here are some points to note:
- Bachelor of Clinical Science students are eligible to receive a 3% bonus to their weighted grade point average (GPA)
- The GPA, along with a Personal Statement and GAMSAT/MCAT, are used to determine offers for an interview.
- 20 med interview spots reserved for clinical science grads out of 100-120 interviews
What do you plan on doing in university, @Ksalu?

Ksalu

>:))
HSC
Also Veterinary Biology/ Vet med seems like a great degree! It requires (if you didnt know already):
- a 98 selection rank
- submission of the Commitment to Veterinary Science' form
- completion of Altus suite’s Casper Situational Judgement Test.

At the end of the day, it's up to you!

ziGma

HSC
How do you guys find out about all this information (eg: University requirments/MQU Gifted & Talented Program/how all the ATAR details work etc)?

Personally I am quite clueless and our school doesn't give much infromation either 😭

I agree with @nsw..wollongong, I have heard that postgraduate medicine does not open up many employment oppourtunities later.

After all it is up to you @AsuTeksu!!

liamkk112

HSC
How do you guys find out about all this information (eg: University requirments/MQU Gifted & Talented Program/how all the ATAR details work etc)?

Personally I am quite clueless and our school doesn't give much infromation either 😭

I agree with @nsw..wollongong, I have heard that postgraduate medicine does not open up many employment oppourtunities later.

basically just go to whatever uni/degree's website, all the info is there

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC

With university requirements, like @liamkk112 said, just head over to their website, have a look at courses that interest you and any early entry pathways that are available. With the MQ Gifted and Talented Program, I found out from my school. If I wasn't notified about it, I would have never ended up doing it in the first place since I wouldn't have heard about it myself, so I'm grateful that I happened to do it.

If you have a careers advisor at your school, you could speak to them!

ziGma

HSC
With university requirements, like @liamkk112 said, just head over to their website, have a look at courses that interest you and any early entry pathways that are available. With the MQ Gifted and Talented Program, I found out from my school. If I wasn't notified about it, I would have never ended up doing it in the first place since I wouldn't have heard about it myself, so I'm grateful that I happened to do it.

If you have a careers advisor at your school, you could speak to them!
Hmm, thank you. I'll take a look at the UTS website and see what I find.

The school letter notified you about the MQU program I suppose? Our school makes our newsletter impossible to acess 💀 and right now its not even running because of some system issue...I don't even know 😕

liamkk112

HSC

The school letter notified you about the MQU program I suppose? Our school makes our newsletter impossible to acess 💀 and right now its not even running because of some system issue...I don't even know 😕
uts early entry opens up ~june from what i remember, if u want to get in that way.

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC

What are you interested in doing @ziGma?

They didn't put it on the school newsletter but they did put it on our Canvas page and I make sure to have all notifications on. In general, I'm attentive to announcements, assignments, etc. I saw a post from our careers advisor regarding the opportunity, looked into it further and it went on from there! :)

A lot of people were deterred from the MQ Gifted And Talented Program because of the Year 10 grade requirements, the idea of balancing university work with Year 11 and having to speak to the Principal, lol.

nsw..wollongong

HSC

Yeah most of my info is from talking to students/unis and thru handbooks by GEMSAS and AMA (for undergrad and postgrad med), idk I guess u just learn more as u inquire

ziGma

HSC
What are you interested in doing @ziGma?

They didn't put it on the school newsletter but they did put it on our Canvas page and I make sure to have all notifications on. In general, I'm attentive to announcements, assignments, etc. I saw a post from our careers advisor regarding the opportunity, looked into it further and it went on from there! :)

A lot of people were deterred from the MQ Gifted And Talented Program because of the Year 10 grade requirements, the idea of balancing university work with Year 11 and having to speak to the Principal, lol.
Personally I'm not sure what pathway I'm do invest in right now, however I was looking into allied help route before...probably won't do that though.

I am interested in Science/Research at University Of Technology Sydney (UTS). The USYD cmapus is great but I don't have the skill to get into USYD. LOL.

I guess my research skills are weak because I cannot navigate the UTS website or find details about early entry 😪 I'll figure something out though.

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
Personally I'm not sure what pathway I'm do invest in right now, however I was looking into allied help route before...probably won't do that though.

I am interested in Science/Research at University Of Technology Sydney (UTS). The USYD cmapus is great but I don't have the skill to get into USYD. LOL.

I guess my research skills are weak because I cannot navigate the UTS website or find details about early entry 😪 I'll figure something out though.
I mean, if they're just skills, you can always learn them!

carrotsss

HSC

ken oath only 20 interview spots reserved for 155 students at the start for such an annoying degree is criminal, and you have to a FFP med degree at the end what

liamkk112

HSC

for lil details like early entry its better to google search, most uni websites are actually horrendous and theres like 5 different sub menus u have to go through

ill let u know in a month how the science facilities are in uts if i remember, since im starting there then

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
for lil details like early entry its better to google search, most uni websites are actually horrendous and theres like 5 different sub menus u have to go through
Do they do that on purpose 😭

liamkk112

HSC
Do they do that on purpose 😭
idek bruh

but at uts to get to the early entry page u somehow have to think this:
study -> information for undergraduate students -> admission requirements -> admissions schemes -> uts early entry

im pretty sure its just because their websites are hella old and changing something would blow the whole thing up, poor web design though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)