USyd vs. UNSW vs. UTS for Engineering. (1 Viewer)

vitamin D

HSC
There is no point in anyone saying one uni is crap or anything. UWS is very good in medicine but not as strong in engineering.

I just wanted to know which uni is the POWERHOUSE of engineering, not whether one uni is crap or not.
either UNSW or UTS; UTS mainly for its year internship for students and practical approach

D94

HSC
N/A
either UNSW or UTS; UTS mainly for its year internship for students and practical approach
Why are they attributed solely to UTS? Can I not do a one year internship whilst being a UNSW or USYD student?

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Why does UTS have 2 maths subject while UNSW has like +4 ??

Silly Sausage

HSC
Why does UTS have 2 maths subject while UNSW has like +4 ??
Except for electrical engineering.
UTS teaches "engineering relevant" mathematics for the first year mainly. MM1 and MM2 are very engineering oriented maths and stats and includes some maths which other unis (mainly USYD and UNSW) teach second year such as multiple integrals. I'm also sure they would teach more maths along the way in engineering subjects.
Another part is probably due to the more practical nature of UTS.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
I met someone at UNSW who said UTS academically doesn't come close to UNSW, and USYD.
it really doesn't. UNSW has always been known to top engineering in the country.

Flop21

HSC
In what kind of context?
As in content difficulty, workload etc?
Uhhh, honestly can't really remember. It seemed like he was talking about overall education. We were chatting about CSE. He said UTS is much more practical, while UNSW place more emphasis on the academic and education side of things. He was a professor there I'm pretty sure.

Silly Sausage

HSC
Uhhh, honestly can't really remember. It seemed like he was talking about overall education. We were chatting about CSE. He said UTS is much more practical, while UNSW place more emphasis on the academic and education side of things. He was a professor there I'm pretty sure.
Yeah, that's not surprising.

D94

HSC
N/A
Except for electrical engineering.
UTS teaches "engineering relevant" mathematics for the first year mainly. MM1 and MM2 are very engineering oriented maths and stats and includes some maths which other unis (mainly USYD and UNSW) teach second year such as multiple integrals. I'm also sure they would teach more maths along the way in engineering subjects.
Another part is probably due to the more practical nature of UTS.

According to whom? Do people just blindly believe these statements? How is UTS more practical than UNSW or USYD?

vitamin D

HSC
Why are they attributed solely to UTS? Can I not do a one year internship whilst being a UNSW or USYD student?
YOU CAN, but at uts its compulsory. But other unis' you need to find your own internships ect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)