UTS IDeA CompSci application - discussion (1 Viewer)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
It says it closes at 11:59pm tonight on the main website page but the application says it is already closed... what do I do??? Do I email my application in a word doc?????

Screen Shot 2023-09-10 at 10.23.27 am.png - main pageScreen Shot 2023-09-10 at 10.24.23 am.png - actual form application

Can anyone please help?
@dav53521 what would you do, given you're actually taking this course...?

Thanks

edit: this issue was solved (they had an IT issue - ironic lol) but now this is just a discussion thread ig

Last edited:

dav53521

HSC
I'm not too sure as it seems that the application has closed before the actual deadline and it is a bit too late to contact anyone to complain although you could send an email and say it ended before the actual deadline and possibly get it re-opened and have the deadline extended because I don't think they'll pay attention to or acknowledge an emailed application.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I'm not too sure as it seems that the application has closed before the actual deadline and it is a bit too late to contact anyone to complain although you could send an email and say it ended before the actual deadline and possibly get it re-opened and have the deadline extended because I don't think they'll pay attention to or acknowledge an emailed application.
I'll send through my application anyways, just so they have it and I can say that I met the deadline before it actually was meant to close, but I'll also take your advice and ask to get it reopened so I can do it through the form.

Thanks!

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
thats really unfortunate, imo management of this course is pretty bad. the ugly emails, faulty forms... and they forgot to do a blind carbon copy to all of the applicants in a recent email so all of our email addresses are visible 💀 (61 applicants... hopefully wisetech is taking a lot of people this year!!!!!)

i would definitely call them in case they dont reply by the 13th, theres an industry partner preference form to be filled out by the 14th

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
thats really unfortunate, imo management of this course is pretty bad. the ugly emails, faulty forms... and they forgot to do a blind carbon copy to all of the applicants in a recent email so all of our email addresses are visible 💀 (61 applicants... hopefully wisetech is taking a lot of people this year!!!!!)

i would definitely call them in case they dont reply by the 13th, theres an industry partner preference form to be filled out by the 14th
Also yeah fyi forgot to update this whole thread but they replied to me saying that they had a tech glitch and they extended the online portal to close tonight 11:59pm 🤓

dav53521

HSC
It was well handled last year but I think there was a bit of a rush since offers for interviews were 1 day after the application close date and from the looks of it a new format so things might've gona a bit awry.

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
Also yeah fyi forgot to update this whole thread but they replied to me saying that they had a tech glitch and they extended the online portal to close tonight 11:59pm 🤓
ok good lol, btw is this course your top preference? just trying to gauge how good of a chance i have at getting into this degree since my advanced maths grade is looking at a band 2...

the irony of a compsci thing having so many tech problems 😭
it is genuinely so bad its shocking

dav53521

HSC
hopefully wisetech is taking a lot of people this year!!!!
Wisetech will be quite competitive as they'll be also accepting students who apply directly to them. Also because a software dev company they'll definately be more popular with the applicants.

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
uh oh, hopefully adjustment factors are considered otherwise im fried

on the plus side i guess this means i dont have to submit an application directly to them like i was planning to do lol

are you doing your cadetship with wisetech?

dav53521

HSC
on the plus side i guess this means i dont have to submit an application directly to them like i was planning to do lol
I think that this method will be considered seperately although I'm not too sure so it's best to contact someone about that.

are you doing your cadetship with wisetech?
I'd rather not say who I'm working for

Last edited:

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
ok good lol, btw is this course your top preference?
I thought the requirement for this was to put it as top preference
technically I would much rather do the advanced computing/commerce at usyd under some sort of program there, but I'm still applying for as many different things as I can (so far only the BIT CoOp and IDeA at UTS lol)

(But I now have a feeling that someone going to be a jackass and try to dox me)
achoo @synthesisFR wow how did you find this thread

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
I'd rather not say who I'm working for here as from what I can see a bunch of people here sadly don't know how to respect other people's privacy and feel like harassing people by doxing them so I'd rather not deal with those sort of shenanigans (But I now have a feeling that someone going to be a jackass and try to dox me)
people do that??? fair enough then thats wild

how's your workload with this course?

technically I would much rather do the advanced computing/commerce at usyd under some sort of program there, but I'm still applying for as many different things as I can (so far only the BIT CoOp and IDeA at UTS lol)
oops i meant like personal preference (though i think you can have idea in any spot until you get an offer, better safe than sorry tho)

yay less competition if you get into usyd

dav53521

HSC
It wasn't, the IDeA cadetship for me was initally my second preference but it got bumped up to my first when I got accepted although if I had to put my prefrences down again this course would've been my first.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
It wasn't, the IDeA cadetship for me was initally my second preference but it got bumped up to my first when I got accepted although if I had to put my prefrences down again this course would've been my first.
Screen Shot 2023-09-11 at 8.51.00 pm.png
ah that makes sense haha

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
seeing as this thread has been reformed as a discussion thread… has anyone else been to the wisetech office yet? the computational thinking test was pretty tricky and the other applicants scared me since everyone was doing at least extension 1 maths 😔 i wonder how many people end up making it to the interview stage? (i think there are like 90 applicants in all)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
seeing as this thread has been reformed as a discussion thread… has anyone else been to the wisetech office yet? the computational thinking test was pretty tricky and the other applicants scared me since everyone was doing at least extension 1 maths 😔 i wonder how many people end up making it to the interview stage? (i think there are like 90 applicants in all)
shit ive got mine on friday 😬

is there any way to prepare for it???
how did it work (do they just sit you in front of a computer lol)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
how did you find the online cubiks test yesterday
i didnt finish one numeracy and one pattern recognition one and im really worried

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
shit ive got mine on friday 😬

is there any way to prepare for it???
how did it work (do they just sit you in front of a computer lol)
nooo i literally am on the train coming back from the office how cool would it be to be there at the same time??? the tour group of ours hit it off pretty well, i recommend looking friendly anyways since chloe (tour guide and future interviewer) will probably mentally assess your communication skills.

they do sit you in front of a computer for 80 minutes lol, it’s only 12 questions but i think everyone was working until the end since it is pretty hard. the answers are just whole numbers which i’m a bit worried about as i feel my working out is just as valuable. it’s a lot of problem solving and logic puzzles, im not sure what other tests are like it so i can’t give much advice :(

how did you find the online cubiks test yesterday
i didnt finish one numeracy and one pattern recognition one and im really worried
the literacy one was ok, but omg the numeracy and pattern one especially was insane… numeracy was tricky but i think i did the best i could, pattern recognition was literally horrible though i guessed more than half

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)