Violence erupts in Sydney over anti-Islam film (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Whether the riots were/are justified or not, they have only resulted in turning a lot more people against Islam or stronger against it.

Newsweek is the second largest magazine by distribution numbers in the USA (larger than Time magazine either according to Wikipedia; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsweek).

The cover of the magazine this week is

Newsweek is certainly not an anti Islam magazine, it is one that is of the left and strongly favours the Democrats.

This muslim rioting/uprising/whatever you want to call it is doing your own people a lot more damage than it is doing good.

PakiPrince

HSC
Sure thing mate, that's his divine plan. Makes perfect sense.
Ha.Listen bud, don't present our God as being the Christian's one. There is no divine plan + kingdoms + angels with harps etc. I didn't want to sound religious but there is much more to appreciate than your narrow minded thinking.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
How long did it take you to read the Quran mate? Plus how old r u? It took me 3 years just to read it in Arabic, now i gotta read it in Persian or English to understand it. But i already understand most popular verses as they are covered in the lectures. Oh yeah, the lectures make a huge difference. The speaker helps explain the meaning of the verses plus applies it to modern day life.

You have not trully understood Islam, my friend.
Have you done the same with Christianity and Hinduism. Because, you know, you can't truly understand them unless you've engaged with the texts, listened to the lecturers, and really searched yourself for the answer. What about Mormonism, the Greek, Norse and Egyptian gods. Scientology and Paganism. How much time have you invested in understanding them.

You're picking and choosing to fit your own criteria. You haven't searched, you just want to make it appear like you've have.

Peccadillo

HSC
The Liberal party is calling on the Labor immigration minister to revoke the visa of a prominent member of Hizb ut-Tahrir, Taji Mustafa although the minister says his hands are tied as they are not a banned organisation.

When the Liberals win power at the next election (the most likely occurrence), don't be too surprised if they then ban Hizb ut-Tahrir as a terrorist organisation/sympathiser group.
Again I doubt it.. your lack of political awareness astounds me. Abbott's call to revoke Taji Mustafa's visa is purely in his own political interests. He wants to get the approval of the anti-islam market. You may be one of them. This has nothing to do with whether or not he actually believes Taji Mustafa is a threat.

For the record it's good to see you took the time to read the Quran and I can only take your word that you had an open mind. It's always dissapointing to see you seemingly didn't get much out of it but I'm sure that doesnt bother you in the slightest. Kudos for trying though - not being sarcastic.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
How long did it take you to read the Quran mate? It took me 3 years just to read it in Arabic, now i gotta read it in Persian or English to understand it.
I don't know exactly, although it wasn't 3 years. Probably 3 to 4 months maybe although I was reading other books at the same time.

Peccadillo

HSC
If your god wanted people to know and find him, then he's doing an absolutely terrible job of making it possible.
You can lead a horse to water buddy. That's all I have to say.
As solooo rightly points out, the Quran is one of the most read books in history and everybody is well aware of it.

PakiPrince

HSC
Have you done the same with Christianity and Hinduism. Because, you know, you can't truly understand them unless you've engaged with the texts, listened to the lecturers, and really searched yourself for the answer. What about Mormonism, the Greek, Norse and Egyptian gods. Scientology and Paganism. How much time have you invested in understanding them.

You're picking and choosing to fit your own criteria. You haven't searched, you just want to make it appear like you've have.
Well actually i go to a christian private school and that for 6 years. For 6 years i've been listening to lectures, reading the Bible, attending C.S classes. Christianity is a good religion, with a huge emphasis on peace and forgiveness... but it definitely did not impress or attract me. In fact most kids at the school don't even give a damn bout christianity. And also all the hindu indians and buddhist asians were converting to christianity (either to allude to the fact of settling into peer group or by genuine choice). I definitely only believe in monotheistic religions. And having knocked out Christianity and Judaism, Islam remained the only one. But i have to thank God i was born into a muslim family by chance, otherwise here in Australia i'd turn to a drunkard.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Well actually i go to a christian private school and that for 6 years. For 6 years i've been listening to lectures, reading the Bible, attending C.S classes. Christianity is a good religion, with a huge emphasis on peace and forgiveness... but it definitely did not impress or attract me. In fact most kids at the school don't even give a damn bout christianity. And also all the hindu indians and buddhist asians were converting to christianity (either to allude to the fact of settling into peer group or by genuine choice). I definitely only believe in monotheistic religions. And having knocked out Christianity and Judaism, Islam remained the only one. But i have to thank God i was born into a muslim family by chance, otherwise here in Australia i'd turn to a drunkard.
Because without God that's all you can hope to achieve in life? Nice.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Thank you. lol
That was sarcasm. I'm an atheist. And not a drunk. Shock!

All attitudes like that do is reinforce the idea that religion is for the weak and the dependent. Viewing alcohol as sinful shouldn't change without religion, as long as the underlying reason that you do is sound.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Nor does it murder people? Then wtf are they doin in Afghanistan? U telling me they playin poker with the taliban?
Um. The BNP aren't the ones that got Britain into Afghanistan.

Peccadillo

HSC
Nor does it murder people.
Nick Griffin is the current chairman of the BNP;

"In the past, Nick Griffin has defended the threat of violence to further the party's aims. In 1986, when Griffin was Deputy Chairman of the NF, he advised his audience at an anti-IRA rally to use the "traditional British methods of the brick, the boot and the fist."[310] After the BNP won its first council seat in 1993, he wrote that the BNP should not be a "postmodernist rightist party" but "a strong, disciplined organisation with the ability to back up its slogan 'Defend Rights for Whites' with well-directed boots and fists. When the crunch comes, power is the product of force and will, not of rational debate". In 1997 he said: "It is more important to control the streets of a city than its council chambers."[311]

Do you want me to source the countless occasion's of "Paki bashing" carried out by neo-nazi skin heads + even the EDL in the UK over the last 30 years - or are you willing to just level with me (a man born and raised in London) that this was and still is a regular occurance?

Observing the above extract - Do you or do you not believe that this man could stand accused of inciting hatred and defending violence?

PakiPrince

HSC
That was sarcasm. I'm an atheist. And not a drunk. Shock!

All attitudes like that do is reinforce the idea that religion is for the weak and the dependent. Viewing alcohol as sinful shouldn't change without religion, as long as the underlying reason that you do is sound.
Oh really? Was it? I didnt notice... LOL

Debauchee

HSC
No buddy, it's the other way around. People have to find God, not vice versa. And it is not God's job of making it possible, it is our's.
So Allah exists.

He has very strict rules which if broken lead to being tortured forever.

Only effort he makes to let people know that if they don't follow these rules that they'll be tortured forever is telling a select few people about it in ancient times, when hallucinations just happened be far more common than today.

This person only writes these rules for avoiding eternal torture in a language not spoken in most of the world, and any attempt at translating them is automatically false.

And there's a bunch of other religions essentially identical in this regard, with gods demanding your follow their rules lest you be tortured forever.

And Allah provides no reason to believe that he is more likely to exist than any other god.

And you must 'find him' yourself and 'have faith', which is exactly what every other religion says.

Can you even begin to understand why people think your religion is insane?

Debauchee

HSC
Nor does it murder people? Then wtf are they doin in Afghanistan? U telling me they playin poker with the taliban?
The BNP didn't send troops to Afghanistan you spastic.

"In the past, Nick Griffin has defended the threat of violence to further the party's aims. In 1986, when Griffin was Deputy Chairman of the NF, he advised his audience at an anti-IRA rally to use the "traditional British methods of the brick, the boot and the fist."[310]
Yes, responding to the violence of IRA terrorists with violence. Got it.

After the BNP won its first council seat in 1993, he wrote that the BNP should not be a "postmodernist rightist party" but "a strong, disciplined organisation with the ability to back up its slogan 'Defend Rights for Whites' with well-directed boots and fists. When the crunch comes, power is the product of force and will, not of rational debate". In 1997 he said: "It is more important to control the streets of a city than its council chambers."
So...you're saying that they don't murder people then?

Do you want me to source the countless occasion's of "Paki bashing" carried out by neo-nazi skin heads + even the EDL in the UK over the last 30 years - or are you willing to just level with me (a man born and raised in London) that this was and still is a regular occurance?
BNP =/= EDL or neo-nazi skin-heads

Observing the above extract - Do you or do you not believe that this man could stand accused of inciting hatred and defending violence?
Inciting hatred and violence is a load of shit. Muslims actually murder people for not believing in their bullshit religion.

PakiPrince

HSC
So Allah exists.

He has very strict rules which if broken lead to being tortured forever.

Only effort he makes to let people know that if they don't follow these rules that they'll be tortured forever is telling a select few people about it in ancient times, when hallucinations just happened be far more common than today.

This person only writes these rules for avoiding eternal torture in a language not spoken in most of the world, and any attempt at translating them is automatically false.

And there's a bunch of other religions essentially identical in this regard, with gods demanding your follow their rules lest you be tortured forever.

And Allah provides no reason to believe that he is more likely to exist than any other god.

And you must 'find him' yourself and 'have faith', which is exactly what every other religion says.

Can you even begin to understand why people think your religion is insane?
No, but i can begin to understand why you're insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)