what are some decent paying jobs whilst studying at uni? (1 Viewer)

loaves

HSC
Bar work is only good if you don't mind working while all of your friends are going out having fun haha. Also you have to have a fairly good sense of humor to deal with all the different personalities/levels of intoxication/aggressiveness (in some cases) that you encounter.

teabag

do it
HSC
how much is rsa and how long does it take?
anywhere from free to upwards of $500 maybe
go to a tafe/community college and see if any group courses are being run
i paid like $90 for mine

teabag

do it
HSC
anythnig else besides bar work?
while big chain stores tend to provide hours, often casual work at small local businesses (like work as waitress or receptionist) pay quite well. i was a dishwasher at a local cafe and got $15/h at 17y/o

Accuracy

HSC
N/A
hmm where can i work as a 17 year old with decent paying jobs? i don't have any work experience because i chose volunteering instead which i dont think will be able to help me get employed

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
define 'decent paying'

I know several 17 year olds who think their $15 or so at the local maccas is top notch salary.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
i was considering food places such as gloria jeans/ bakers delight but i don't know about the pay
Gloria Jeans is a homophobic company that shouldn't be supported. Don't work for them.

Some of them rip you off.

Pre Uni pays you $15 per hour as a starting rate.

These tutors did not work to get 99+ ATAR (though some scored lower) so they could get paid less than a 'checkout chick'.
Good tutors can charge ~$50 per person.

Adjudicate debates $45/hr - $145/hr
Yeah.

Or be a debating coach for your old school.

$20 ? but i have no work experience, only volunteering
good luck. Lol

They wanted me to work for that rate at PreUni.

I really enjoyed replying to that email.
They charge each student in those classes $50+ a lesson, right?

They could surely afford to pay you more.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Volunteering can give you skills that can help when it comes to applying for jobs, so don't disregard it just because you're not getting paid. Also looks quite good on a resume.

Admin stuff tends to pay more than retail, but often (not always) requires some sort of experience.

Zeroes

HSC
How hard is it to get a job tutoring after finishing school if you've got good marks? (like 99+ atar)

Zeroes

HSC
Riproot do you tutor privately or through a tutoring centre? (any recommendation on which is better?)

Tiernanv

HSC
Bunnings has good pay and you also gain life skills (depending what department you work in)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Sometimes non franchise late night food businesses you can get better pay than if you were slaving at a fast food place.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Riproot do you tutor privately or through a tutoring centre? (any recommendation on which is better?)
Privately for both of those questions.

Why's that?
They support the ACL by giving them upwards of $30k/year and the ACL supports a lot of really anti-homo shit. They're pretty much ANTI-FREEDOM, unless you're one of them and believe the exact things they do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)