what are some decent paying jobs whilst studying at uni? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
Working in retail gives decent pay, depending on where you go. At Myer, you're initially paid $18.3 an hour, then your pay starts increasing when you get promotions.

Tutoring probs gives you best pay but very little hours.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say that challenge applies to Myer too in terms of getting hours outside of the busy periods at Christmas/New Years. If you can get a regular tutoring job privately then that could be a good steady source of income.

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say that challenge applies to Myer too in terms of getting hours outside of the busy periods at Christmas/New Years. If you can get a regular tutoring job privately then that could be a good steady source of income.
Yeah that, if you manage to secure a permanent position then it would be great, otherwise, you'll need another job. Tonnes of xmas casuals get laid off after January due to demand being low at that time.

Accuracy

HSC
N/A
is it possible to change the time you can work later on or is it permanent for like a year? cause what if i want to work another job as well

lvella10

HSC
I don't know if it'll interest anyone here, or whether any of you guys have your white card, but part time labouring jobs can easily pay $25-30 p/h. Obviously it's harder work than your usual p.t/casual job, but the pay is good. :)

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
^ This...

used to do it while I was doing my last degree part time... hard work and not for the faint hearted... lots of Saturday nights sacrificed for night shifts... you earn like $40/hour on weekends when you take into account shift allowance and all as well... got to the point where I just couldn't do it anymore, plus I wanted to do my next degree full time, I was working up to 60 hours a week... told the call out manager to take a long walk down a short pier (he was a complete ass)...

Didn't know a white card was compulsory now, thought that was just a construction site thing...

I recommend doing the course for lollipop men at roadworks... get paid $25/hour, and just hold a traffic lollipop all day long, course is only a day long as well...

lvella10

HSC
Didn't know a white card was compulsory now, thought that was just a construction site thing...
You're probably right. I wasn't absolute on whether it was needed, but I just mentioned it just in case. It sure is hard work, not sure if I'll be able to manage it and uni! Might just do labouring before uni starts and apply for somewhere more casual later.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
^ This...

used to do it while I was doing my last degree part time... hard work and not for the faint hearted... lots of Saturday nights sacrificed for night shifts... you earn like $40/hour on weekends when you take into account shift allowance and all as well... got to the point where I just couldn't do it anymore, plus I wanted to do my next degree full time, I was working up to 60 hours a week... told the call out manager to take a long walk down a short pier (he was a complete ass)...

I recommend doing the course for lollipop men at roadworks... get paid $25/hour, and just hold a traffic lollipop all day long, course is only a day long as well...
That's pretty good pay for what it is, however it would be boring as fuck lol

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
IKEA is flat rate regardless of age. ~$21/hour for sales staff. ~700 staff combined in both Homebush and Tempe stores, so there are always vacancies.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
IKEA is flat rate regardless of age. ~$21/hour for sales staff. ~700 staff combined in both Homebush and Tempe stores, so there are always vacancies.
remember doing a shift or two for Ikea when I was doing the on call labour hire gig... tell you what they take care of their employees... but the hours for the shifts I had to do for them were just fucked... I was doing 2am - 11am shifts... was not fun... they got their own canteen and shit where you can get a feed and shit for lunch... its actually a really, really good place to work if the hours I did were good...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)