What are you currently Reading? (1 Viewer)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
im a bit slow with reading (i.e. im catching up)

da vinci code by you know who, then one of his others, whats it called? angels and demons?

then lance armstrongs book

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
I'm reading Boy Meets Girl at the moment. I'm gonna go to A&R to get a copy of The Da Vinci Code soon. Apparently it's good (lol)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Gitta Sereny - His battle with truth for history.. only parts.. pretty complex book

brpaz

HSC
N/A
Sherlock Holmes. Can't remember which collection though, been a long time since I've picked it up again.

jennylim

HSC
To Kill a Mockingbird...again. man, that book is fantastic!!!! Atticus Finch is almost enough to make me want to be a lawyer...almost. that speech to the jury about justice, aaah, makes me tear up with emotion every time.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i just finished reading the Pelican Brief by John Grisham...it was detailed..as to his usual standards but the story line wasnt as grasping as the other books of his i have read. I need stuff to read on the train so i am planning to read then so i can do my work when i am at home and stuff.
I have started reading my romance novel collection that someone gave me for christmas last year and thats okay...soooo muuusshshy .

shortie_689

HSC
oh i am reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult... I seem to be flying through books these days... I have very much spare time on my hands
but nah its such a good book

namelesslady

HSC
Attempting to read "Mrs Dalloway" by Virgina Wolf for english.
When too tired to read that, I'm reading some crappy book I picked up from a chemist.
I know, I'm ashamed with myself too.

Dr_Gorgeous

HSC
jennylim said:
To Kill a Mockingbird...again. man, that book is fantastic!!!! Atticus Finch is almost enough to make me want to be a lawyer...almost. that speech to the jury about justice, aaah, makes me tear up with emotion every time.
I loved that book. It's awesome. I shed an innocent little tear when Tom Robinson died :'(

Gibbo69er

Poor Student
HSC
Dr_Gorgeous said:
I loved that book. It's awesome. I shed an innocent little tear when Tom Robinson died :'(
hehehe, it was boring and slow. i had to read it for english, i gave up when they dressed up as fruit....

:vcross: :chainsaw:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
While on one of my recent forays into the American literature section of the Wollongng University library (I was hunting for "On The Road"), I stumbled up near the Hemingway section this nice little reader called "Literary Journalism". It features some great excerpts from some of the great novelists and journalists of the 20th centur that employed a style of writing that blurred the line between fact and fiction in narratives. It includes stories by Hunter S Thompson, Norman Mailer, John Updike and Truman Capote. Capote's story I found particularly entertaining. It's an extract from his novel "In Cold Blood", which I'll be reading soon as well.

I highly recommend it to any students of journalism, literature or creative writing (or anyone who wants to read something other than The DaVinci Code).. There's some very creatively stimulating stuff here.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Miss Wendy said:
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, which is better and easier to read than I expected.
Haha, I so should have read that for class today.

I don't remember what I'm reading, I think I lost the book.
Obviously it was not very good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)